2020/2021 line up

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
There are always injuries that can get these young guys into the lineup sooner, Ottawa has a few guys who seem injury prone. Anisimov, Tierny & White have contracts & unless they are traded I expect they will be in the lineup to start the season. There is no telling when PD will be able to move these guys, if last yr was any indication they waited to almost the trade deadline to move a number of guys.

I think it comes down to when they can move out some players for the prospects to get into the lineup, although I could see someone like Formenton blowing the doors off & replacing someone like Hawryluk in the lineup much sooner. Anisimov could end up like Boedker in & out of the lineup to make way for L. Brown, but Brown has had a number of injuries to deal with too in Belleville last yr & over his career.

I understand why DJ will use Arty/Ryan types as targets for the young kids. If they can’t outplay those types they are not ready to help this team win. At least DJ showed a willingness to bury Boedker as the 13 forward. I hope the kids outplay those guys and Arti can collect his $4 million from the players box (which is a good job most of us would love to have). If Arti is playing things aren’t going well for Norris/Brown.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DJ mentioned in one of his interviews that we were doing ok for goals against until a rash of injuries to our D happened, basically when we had both Goloubef and Englund in the lineup at the same time, we bled goals. Our Oct-Nov rate was pacing at about 25 fewer goals per 82 games than our full season which went of the rails in Dec Jan, at which time we picked up Reilly to try and mitigate things

The issue obviously is a lack of quality call up options hurt us. Part of that was Wolanin being out all year, but we've also lost DeMelo

So, with that in mind, comparing last year to next year (not necessarily the actual pairs);

this past year vs Next year
Chabot-Zaitsev vs Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom vs Brannstrom-Zub
Boro-DeMelo vs Wolanin-Boro?

Depth
Goloubef vs Reilly
Englund vs Jaros
Jaros vs Englund
Lajoie vs Thomson?
? vs Lajoie

Assuming we sign Boro, we seem to be starting off with better depth, Goloubef was our 7th D last year, while this coming season it will be either Reilly, Brannstrom, Boro or Zub, which seems like an upgrade imo. There is however a big question mark surrounding Zub,

We also lack the veteran presence, and I think DJ really emphasized what Hainsey brought, so we might see him, or a similar vet signed to bring in that element.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
DJ mentioned in one of his interviews that we were doing ok for goals against until a rash of injuries to our D happened, basically when we had both Goloubef and Englund in the lineup at the same time, we bled goals. Our Oct-Nov rate was pacing at about 25 fewer goals per 82 games than our full season which went of the rails in Dec Jan, at which time we picked up Reilly to try and mitigate things

The issue obviously is a lack of quality call up options hurt us. Part of that was Wolanin being out all year, but we've also lost DeMelo

So, with that in mind, comparing last year to next year (not necessarily the actual pairs);

this past year vs Next year
Chabot-Zaitsev vs Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom vs Brannstrom-Zub
Boro-DeMelo vs Wolanin-Boro?

Depth
Goloubef vs Reilly
Englund vs Jaros
Jaros vs Englund
Lajoie vs Thomson?
? vs Lajoie

Assuming we sign Boro, we seem to be starting off with better depth, Goloubef was our 7th D last year, while this coming season it will be either Reilly, Brannstrom, Boro or Zub, which seems like an upgrade imo. There is however a big question mark surrounding Zub,

We also lack the veteran presence, and I think DJ really emphasized what Hainsey brought, so we might see him, or a similar vet signed to bring in that element.
Yeah we didn’t see a lot of wins but I think we can all agree that the games were entertaining and they were more or less playing “the right way” which we haven’t seen consistently for a while now.
I’m going to assume that has something to do with the presence of guys like hainsey and pageau.
Need some vets in the lineup. It’s looking like an improved lineup though, agree.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Lafreniere - Eichel - Duclair
Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Forementon - White - Brown
Balcers - Chlapik - Ryan

Chabot - Zub
Brannstrom - Tanev
Wolanin - Zaitsev

Hogberg
Nilsson

Kids gotta play sometime...

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Lafreniere - Eichel - Duclair
Tkachuk - Brown - Batherson
Forementon - White - Brown
Balcers - Chlapik - Ryan

Chabot - Zub
Brannstrom - Tanev
Wolanin - Zaitsev

Hogberg
Nilsson

Kids gotta play sometime...
How you can have Eichel and keep all this player ?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This will be alot easier to do after the draft. So much is going to change the future of this franchise based on what happens whenever the draft happens. I dont really see much of a point in predicting the lineup until we see what happens way too many variables at play.

Next year to start this is what I expect to see the team start with. I think barring the inevitable injury to Anisimov one of L. Brown or Norris wins the third line center spot with Balcers as the extra. I think Formenton, Chlapik and Batherson all make the team.

Tkachuk Tierney C. Brown
Duclair Anisimov Ryan
Formenton L. Brown/Norris Batherson
Paul Chlapik Hawryluk
Balcers

Chabot Zaitsev
Wolanin Zub
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This will be alot easier to do after the draft. So much is going to change the future of this franchise based on what happens whenever the draft happens. I dont really see much of a point in predicting the lineup until we see what happens way too many variables at play.

How much is this year's draft really going to impact the coming season's lineup though? I mean, sure if we get L
Lafreniere, he can be added, and the same might be said for Byfield, but that's just one (or if we are extraordinarily lucky 2) spots in the lineup. Easy enough to adapt if we luck out.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How much is this year's draft really going to impact the coming season's lineup though? I mean, sure if we get L
Lafreniere, he can be added, and the same might be said for Byfield, but that's just one (or if we are extraordinarily lucky 2) spots in the lineup. Easy enough to adapt if we luck out.

I am expecting atleast one trade to be made at the draft and the possibility of Lafreniere but ignoring that this is what I expect to see.

Tkachuk Tierney C. Brown
Duclair Anisimov Ryan
Paul Chlapik Hawryluk
Balcers

Chabot Zaitsev
Wolanin Zub
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk - Tierney - C. Brown
Duclair - Norris - Ryan
Formenton/Abramov/Balcers - L. Brown - Batherson
Paul - Anisimov - White

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Zub
Borowiecki - Brannstrom/Hainsey
Reilly

Nilsson
Hogberg

L. Brown might not be ready, in which case Anisimov moves to 3rd line center and Paul to 4th line center.

I see Formenton, Abramov and Balcers in a battle for 1 regular spot at forward plus for the 13th spare forward spot.

Reilly makes the team because he has an NHL contract.

Borowiecki gets signed for certain and I suspect DJ pushes hard for Hainsey, which would push Brannstrom to the AHL for further development.

Zub might get moved down to 3rd pair.

The only draft pick that might make the team would be Lafreniere. The others need to develop into men.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Next year to start this is what I expect to see the team start with. I think barring the inevitable injury to Anisimov one of L. Brown or Norris wins the third line center spot with Balcers as the extra. I think Formenton, Chlapik and Batherson all make the team.

Tkachuk Tierney C. Brown
Duclair Anisimov Ryan
Paul Chlapik Hawryluk
Balcers

Chabot Zaitsev
Wolanin Zub
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilsson
Hogberg
So White gets cut?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
With a bit more clarity on who we will be drafting, i could see 9 games of this to start the year...

Tkachuk-Norris-Ryan
Duclair-Stuetzle/Byfield-White
Formenton-Perfetti/Rossi-Brown
Paul-Tierney-Anisimov/Hawryluk

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Borowiecki-Brannstrom
Jaros/Rielly

Nilsson
Hogberg

Alternatively we pick Drysdale instead of Perfetti/Rossi and slot him in for a handful of games with Boro.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With a bit more clarity on who we will be drafting, i could see 9 games of this to start the year...

Tkachuk-Norris-Ryan
Duclair-Stuetzle/Byfield-White
Formenton-Perfetti/Rossi-Brown
Paul-Tierney-Anisimov/Hawryluk

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Borowiecki-Brannstrom
Jaros/Rielly

Nilsson
Hogberg

Alternatively we pick Drysdale instead of Perfetti/Rossi and slot him in for a handful of games with Boro.
upload_2020-7-1_10-14-46.jpeg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm of the opinion every yr that the guys who have contracts will most likely play to start the season. Although as the season progresses if they can't get rid of a player who is not performing they will try & bury them in the AHL, or the press box until they can trade them or their contracts run out or eventually bought out. I also think that the lineup to start the 2021-2022 season will be different than the one ending next season. That season should have a few guys who will get drafted this yr plus others who are in the org & not yet on the team.

To Start the Season: (definitely tanking again with this lineup)
Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Duclair - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Balcers
Hawryluk - Chlapik - Sabourin/UFA

Chabot - Zaitsev (sadly this D looks terrible)
Wolanin - Reilly
Englund - Jaros/Zub (they might keep Boro after looking at this D)

Nilsson - Hogberg

After the Deadline: (seems like a better lineup to end the season)
Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Duclair - L. Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - C. Brown
Paul - Chlapik - Kastelic/Sabourin

Chabot - Zaitsev ( the D is bad no matter how you slice it)
Wolanin - Zub/Brannstrom
Englund - Jaros

Hogberg - Daccord
- this is why they may keep Anderson around or extend Nilsson rather than trade him to have some vet experience in net.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
There's a lot to be decided before the drop of the puck next season. A lot of the decisions might be made as a result of how the different young players used this time off. With so many knocking on the door, only the best prepared kids survive

Whatever the lineup is, i think we'll be stronger at forward, D and goaltending than this past season. We played at a 71.6 point pace and i think we'll improve on that by 10 points.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
A lot of people here are sleeping on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm bullish on the guy. It wasn't the 7 points in 11 games it was the consistent effort that I believe will make him very popular with D.J. Smith. I consider him to be a better bet than Chlapik, Balcers, Abramov or Davidsson.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
A lot of people here are sleeping on Jayce Hawryluk. I'm bullish on the guy. It wasn't the 7 points in 11 games it was the consistent effort that I believe will make him very popular with D.J. Smith. I consider him to be a better bet than Chlapik, Balcers, Abramov or Davidsson.

There’s not much to sleep on he’s a regular 4th liner at best. He was given good linemates and PP time on a team playing with 0 pressure which explains the production. It’s possible he ends up better than some of the guys you mentioned simply because they won’t all be NHLers. Balcers is miles ahead of Jayce though.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My guess to start the year:

Tkachuk-Tierny-Batherson
Stutzle-Norris-Duclair
Brown-Anisimov-White
Ryan-Hawryluck-Paul

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Wolanin
Boroweicki-Zub
Reilly

Hogberg
Nilsson

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Tierney and the Isles 1st rounder will be packaged for a top 6 forward from a team that is in cap hell.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad