2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Strange signing that Poulin one. Not that he's not a good goalie...but they must know something we don't. He's not giong to play in the ECHL. I don't see McNivean giong there too. In case Allen gets picked? Which would mean Price-Primeau + Poulin-McNiven.

Demchenko signed back in Russia.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Demchenko signed back in Russia.

Still leaves them with a odd goalie situation.

Assuming Allen is still around and Lindgren is not back
Price and Allen in the NHL
Primeau and McNiven in the AHL
Poulin extra in the AHL and also ECHL???

Frederik Dichow will be playing in Sweden looks like, not even sure if he will ever be offered a contract.
Jakub Dobes is heading to the NCAA

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

Frederik Dichow will be playing in Sweden looks like, not even sure if he will ever be offered a contract.
The answer is pretty simple. They have no intention to re-sign McNiven.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If McNiven is re-signed...

Poulin may be for 3R. And they will surely sign another goalie to play there.

If McNiven is not re-signed....

You have to guess Laval will go with Primeau/Poulin and 3R will have two goalies, as well.

And then there is the scenario where Allen is taken by Seattle.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
If McNiven is re-signed...

Poulin may be for 3R. And they will surely sign another goalie to play there.

If McNiven is not re-signed....

You have to guess Laval will go with Primeau/Poulin and 3R will have two goalies, as well.

And then there is the scenario where Allen is taken by Seattle.
Ya, being a goalie behind Price in Montreal is a shitty job lol McNiven has had so few games over the last couple of years, same with Lindgren. Ohh well.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Poulin's signature most likely confirm Allen to Seattle.

:sarcasm:

Most likely means that McNiven isn't coming back.
I think McNiven is coming back. Poulin replaces Demchenko. We now need 6-7 goaltenders and the obnly ones we were sure we had were Price and Primeau.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Next coach in Laval.....here are my 2 names so far....Bruce Richardson and Steve Hartley (yes, the son of...but a damn good coach on his own).

Julien Brisebois is wise to have given Groulx a 3-year deal that soon....

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wouldn't be so sure about Mcniven. I'm sure they want the Lions to be successful, so having good goaltending would be a start.

If on an NHL contract, McNiven can refuse an assignment to the ECHL since he is not on his ELC.

I assume he would request a trade to another team to play in the AHL or just go to Europe instead.

Reactions: beowulf

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If on an NHL contract, McNiven can refuse an assignment to the ECHL since he is not on his ELC.

I assume he would request a trade to another team to play in the AHL or just go to Europe instead.
Yes, and yet what Poulin has is an AHL contract. McNiven is a better prospect than a 31 year old, and Poulin is not an NHL backup candidate since he has no NHL contract.

McNiven can easily get the third or fourth NHL contract (depending what happens with Allen, and assuming Lindgren tries his luck elsewhere).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yes, and yet what Poulin has is an AHL contract. McNiven is a better prospect than a 31 year old, and Poulin is not an NHL backup candidate since he has no NHL contract.

McNiven can easily get the third or fourth NHL contract (depending what happens with Allen, and assuming Lindgren tries his luck elsewhere).

Poulin getting a 1-way AHL seems to indicate he will be in the AHL. Unless the Habs do something I don't remember them ever doing and using their money to the advantage of their farm teams.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Poulin getting a 1-way AHL seems to indicate he will be in the AHL. Unless the Habs do something I don't remember them ever doing and using their money to the advantage of their farm teams.
If the Habs lose Lindgren and Allen, and don't sign McNiven, then they will have only two NHL contracted goalies. Not possible.

I can't see them giving up on McNiven and losing him for nothing. All he needs is a 2-way QO.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

they never had their own ECHL team in their backyard, I would think Poulin will be the ECHL starter but guess we'll find out soon.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Next coach in Laval.....here are my 2 names so far....Bruce Richardson and Steve Hartley (yes, the son of...but a damn good coach on his own).

Julien Brisebois is wise to have given Groulx a 3-year deal that soon....

Just curious about Richardson. What is his resume and what makes him a good candidate?

I know he was Bouchard’s protege in Blainville but nothing else? Thanks.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Just curious about Richardson. What is his resume and what makes him a good candidate?

I know he was Bouchard’s protege in Blainville but nothing else? Thanks.

I don't want to talk down on anyone but Richardson isn't very well regarded among QMJHL fans and I don't think he would be a good candidate for a head coaching job in Laval or Trois-Rivières.

Maybe as an assistant I guess.

And I don't think he was Bouchard's protege. They never worked together. Richardson was simply hired to replace Bouchard as head coach when he left for Laval. Richardson was with Chateauguay in MAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad