Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He didn't even play anywhere this year.

He wasn't getting an NHL deal
Ya, weird signing in that sense, he didn't play anywhere and another smallish forward who hasn't even produced much in the AHL let alone the NHL. I guess it's fine as long as he does not take ice time away from a youngster.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ya, weird signing in that sense, he didn't play anywhere and another smallish forward who hasn't even produced much in the AHL let alone the NHL. I guess it's fine as long as he does not take ice time away from a youngster.

He had a 26 points season in the NHL.

He's a good vet for the AHL bottom 9 and who knows maybe Bouchard can unblock him like he did Belzile and Veilleux.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He was good enough to be a depth guy for some time in the NHL, he could be a decent veteran for Laval if he's anywhere near his best shape. In all depends on his mind set coming in. If he's just there for a cup of coffee we'll know right away, especially with Bouchard coaching.

Reactions: montreal

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He had a 26 points season in the NHL.

He's a good vet for the AHL bottom 9 and who knows maybe Bouchard can unblock him like he did Belzile and Veilleux.

Bouchard doesn't care how many points his vets can put in the AHL, he wants guys who work their ass off or they can sit and go elsewhere like Barber and Varone last year.

Belzile, Veilleux and Bourque are all hard workers and those are the kind of vets that Bouchard wants around the team, especially for the young guys.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Current line-up only considering re-signed/signed players:

RHP - Vejdemo - Ylonen
Teasdale - Hillis - Bourque
Khisatmudinov - Desruisseaux - Ducharme

Ouellet - Brook
Paquette-Bisson - Schueneman
Fairbrother - Amorosa

Primeau

RFA that should/could be back:
Blandisi, Lucchini, Pezzetta, Poehling
McNiven

I wouldn't mind another top6 C in addition to Blandisi, especially since Vejdemo/Poehling might be up. They also should either re-sign Veilleux or a replacement. They should also look at either bringing back Hudon or signing another vet goalscorer.

For the D, we need another good RD, especially if Fleury doesn't make it back.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars

Overager with big numbers(only 1 season). Don't know much about him except for paper stats. On the short/smallish size and can play LW/C. Not sure what to think but I'd like to see him tryout some games in Laval next year.

Any in-depth thoughts?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Current line-up only considering re-signed/signed players:

RHP - Vejdemo - Ylonen
Teasdale - Hillis - Bourque
Khisatmudinov - Desruisseaux - Ducharme

Ouellet - Brook
Paquette-Bisson - Schueneman
Fairbrother - Amorosa

Primeau

RFA that should/could be back:
Blandisi, Lucchini, Pezzetta, Poehling
McNiven

I wouldn't mind another top6 C in addition to Blandisi, especially since Vejdemo/Poehling might be up. They also should either re-sign Veilleux or a replacement. They should also look at either bringing back Hudon or signing another vet goalscorer.

For the D, we need another good RD, especially if Fleury doesn't make it back.
Blandisi is a decent player. I would re-sign him and McNiven.

Poehling should be signed but he is likely NHL level now.

Pezzetta and Lucchini are not worthy to get another NHL contract.

Of the UFAs, Frolik, Weal, Oloffson and Dauphin likely want a shot elsewhere. Belzile will probably come back on a new NHL two-way deal. Baddock, Paquette-Bisson and Veilleux could get AHL deals, maybe Leguerrier too. I expect Demchenko to go back to Russia.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Pezzetta and Lucchini are not worthy to get another NHL contract.

Of the UFAs, Frolik, Weal, Oloffson and Dauphin likely want a shot elsewhere. Belzile will probably come back on a new NHL two-way deal. Baddock, Paquette-Bisson and Veilleux could get AHL deals, maybe Leguerrier too. I expect Demchenko to go back to Russia.

Bisson already re-signed an AHL deal with Laval.

Demchenko already signed in Russia (Leskinen in Finland, Olofsson likely to Sweden or another NHL team).

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Pezzetta and Lucchini are not worthy to get another contract.

Totally disagree, Pezzetta should get a contract, solid AHL player for his role IMO.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Veilleux won't be back. He's off to the DEL in Germany for two years.

And the big news:

Marcotte hears that Bouchard may not be back. It isn't confirmed but he is currently evaluating his options. I'm sure one of them is him returning to Laval.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
WS5mazRk

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A 31 year old vet who has played between NHL, AHL over the years and has played in Europe a few times, as well.

So this may mean McNiven won't be back, unless they see him as 3R goalie that can called up to Laval. But I have a hard time thinking they'll have him as ECHL goalie after the good job he's done every time he's in Laval.

Reactions: Agalloch

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It says one-way contract which probably means AHL only.

But he did play junior in Victoriaville which is close by to Trois-Rivières.

It sure is weird to get him when you already have Primeau-McNiven. I would agree that we needed a veteran in case of injuries but Poulin seems too good for the ECHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It says one-way contract which probably means AHL only.

But he did play junior in Victoriaville which is close by to Trois-Rivières.

It sure is weird to get him when you already have Primeau-McNiven. I would agree that we needed a veteran in case of injuries but Poulin seems too good for the ECHL.

One-Way only means he's paid the same whether he's in the AHL or ECHL.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Makes me wonder what the teams plans are in net. Are they expecting Allen to be gone and maybe figure they will go with Primeau in Montreal?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Strange signing that Poulin one. Not that he's not a good goalie...but they must know something we don't. He's not giong to play in the ECHL. I don't see McNivean giong there too. In case Allen gets picked? Which would mean Price-Primeau + Poulin-McNiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad