Speculation: 2020-2021 General Lightning Discussion - Defending Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Brandon Montour was one of the players I thought could be a deadline target for us a couple weeks back, just been made available according to Friedman.

A RHD that's pending UFA having a stinker of a season in Buffalo? Right up our alley, the Lightning will pick him up, every one will get upset and then he'll look like a stud, profit.

Jokes aside, I think it's a good low risk move, he puts pucks on net, Schenn sucks, Foote's young, nice to get some insurance on that side. There's very, very limited options at RHD this year.

That's all well and good, but where do you get the 3.8 million in cap space to fit him in?

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This is HF, so this is where I confidently say Buffalo would have no problem taking TJ off our hands in return! :sarcasm:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
McIlhinney does not inspire confidence, my goodness he looks awful.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I guess Coop is gonna roll with this top 9 until we lose, which I can understand. But Stammer TJ Killer doesn’t work. I really like Coleman with Point. When Cirelli gets back here’s what I’d like to see.

Palat Point Coleman
Killer Cirelli Stammer
Goodrow Guorde TJ
Maroon Colton Joseph

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
who was the player we were looking at trading for but the other team wanted Volkov and something else in return?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Alex Stalock is on waivers, he's a tempting pickup to put in that backup role behind Vasi. It's probably too early to give up on McElhinney though, and he played well in his last start.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Alex Stalock is on waivers, he's a tempting pickup to put in that backup role behind Vasi. It's probably too early to give up on McElhinney though, and he played well in his last start.

He hasn't even played a game this season, is recovering from an injury and is barely an upgrade. McIlhenny has benn good in 2 of his 3 games, the one stinker is skewing his numbers. The only good thing about Stalock is he's signed for next season so he covers the expansion rules. We are probably going to resign McElhinney for next season to be expansion eligible.

Reactions: Hoek

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
When is the last time a Bolts player has had a hat trick? Feels like it's been awhile.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
When is the last time a Bolts player has had a hat trick? Feels like it's been awhile.

The last 3 were Cirelli, Verhaeghe and Killorn. All over a calender year ago and judging by those names the next one might be from a Maroon, Goodrow or Johnson.

Reactions: Peacefool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad