2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So for those who've watched, how would you compare Struble to Harris so far? Harris has more points but Struble's looking really good in some of these highlights.

Reactions: Gravity

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So for those who've watched, how would you compare Struble to Harris so far? Harris has more points but Struble's looking really good in some of these highlights.

If you gave Struble the IQ that Harris has and the poise/vision.. you'd probably have a top defense prospect in the NHL.

Remains the same for me,

Harris is a slam dunk NHLer and whether he's a bottom pair or top 4D guy is how his progression goes.

Struble is the wildcard but has the higher ceiling.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If you gave Struble the IQ that Harris has and the poise/vision.. you'd probably have a top defense prospect in the NHL.

Remains the same for me,

Harris is a slam dunk NHLer and whether he's a bottom pair or top 4D guy is how his progression goes.

Struble is the wildcard but has the higher ceiling.

Yeah the physical gifts are there for sure.

I know montreal's said that he felt that there at least 'might' be IQ concerns with Struble. Based on last year anyways.

How's he been so far though? Decision-making wise and such.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah the physical gifts are there for sure.

I know montreal's said that he felt that there at least 'might' be IQ concerns with Struble. Based on last year anyways.

How's he been so far though? Decision-making wise and such.

Don't really know, I've only seen the highlights but the fact Struble is producing already might help the IQ concerns.

Reactions: Habs76

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Harris has been much better. Playing all situations pretty much as NE's #1D. He's also an assistant captain.

But, he's a year older so that's to be expected.

I'd say so far the only area that Struble has an edge on would be physicality.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't really know, I've only seen the highlights but the fact Struble is producing already might help the IQ concerns.
Today's game wasn't on but I watched the 1st game. I wouldn't say that Struble has an IQ problem but I don't think it's a great strength either. Whether it's natural innate ability or just learned with an extra year of development, Harris has been both steadier and more of a catalyst. He's been noticeable both offensive and defensively and his pts have been (except for todays 2nd assist) him being a driver (either w/ vision finding someone or knowing when to jump into the play)

Reactions: Gravity

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Today's game wasn't on but I watched the 1st game. I wouldn't say that Struble has an IQ problem but I don't think it's a great strength either. Whether it's natural innate ability or just learned with an extra year of development, Harris has been both steadier and more of a catalyst. He's been noticeable both offensive and defensively and his pts have been (except for todays 2nd assist) him being a driver (either w/ vision finding someone or knowing when to jump into the play)

We should find out more as this year progresses.

Last year was hard to get a read because he was stepping from high school to the NCAA.. so with a year under his belt, I think we'll get a better picture of whether or not it was an adjustment or whether there's an IQ issue

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Keep in mind that the team they faced this weekend was one of the worst teams in the NCAA last year. Next up they have Vermont who weren't very good either but then it gets interesting vs BU and Tuch as a Tuch vs Struble matchup should be fun to see.

Both players played well today, and it was more of the same, Struble being physical, getting a pim at the start of the vid which was a weak call imo. He clearly plays with an edge as you can see in the clip. I didn't have time to break it up so once again it's just one vid of both players. Also this was a new streaming service so I had to get used to as they need a 10 second FF or Rewind like AHL.live has

here's the totals,

Harris - 2a, 1 shot, +2
Struble - 2a, 3 shots, +1, 2 pims

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I'm disappointed they didn't have Struble on the top pairing with Harris, they played well together last year but it just shows what Harris did was special as you just don't see many recently turned 18 year olds on the top pairing of a top 20 program especially non 1st round picks.

Harris has the IQ and Struble has the power, glad we have both.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Deux espoirs des Canadiens, Struble et Harris, commencent leur saison en grand | Highlights

Game report for Harris and Struble 13-12-2020.

Really liked their game. Struble is a thug and Harris is stronger then ever.

Nice to hear about Struble's decision-making. Though like you said, it was only the one game. If that's not an issue then this kid could be an absolute stud. Man is he strong out there. I think the tools are there where it's not impossible that he's our best D prospect out of them all. But again not seeing him actually play means I'm missing out a lot. Lets just hope he keeps improving.

Reactions: Plekatorz

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Nice to hear about Struble's decision-making. Though like you said, it was only the one game. If that's not an issue then this kid could be an absolute stud. Man is he strong out there. I think the tools are there where it's not impossible that he's our best D prospect out of them all. But again not seeing him actually play means I'm missing out a lot. Lets just hope he keeps improving.

I’ll continu with the reports, so, at least you will have these

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Denver is up 2-1 on Western Michigan early in the 2nd period.

Stapley has an assist so far. He was listed as their 4C when Denver released their line-up before the game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like Ylönen is still in Finland as he's in the line-up for Pelicans today. I was expecting the loans of Ylönen and Leskinen to be over with Liiga on pause and NHL camps around the corner.

Reactions: angusyoung

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Looks like Ylönen is still in Finland as he's in the line-up for Pelicans today. I was expecting the loans of Ylönen and Leskinen to be over with Liiga on pause and NHL camps around the corner.

It's indeed a bit strange, it's been stated he's 100% going to be in NA as soon as hockey starts so he SHOULD be at the camp. Maybe he got special permission or a specific later date where he'll still be in time for the camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad