2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So you would like a better production from Mysak and Norlinder, but you are not worried at all?
For me, it's not because they are 2nd or 3rd round picks that I don't have any expectations for thoses players.

Does Norlinder is playing well? Is he learning to play a more rounded game?
What's happening to Mysak?

Just want to know if some of you have more informations...
I will be frankly with you. I dont watch their games at all. Im just a stats reader lol. And honestly, i dont have any espectation for any prospect, expect first round pick (espacially the first 20 guys selected). First pick should become nhl player, but after the second round, this is a roll of dice. And thats rare your are gonna see an elite player picked in those round. You are gonna say Jamie Benn. (I think he was also a good baseball player, so he had to take a decision about his future, but not sure about it). So. If mysak and norlinder had good stats right now, in a mens league, it could be saying they are elite player. But they are kid against men. Just hoping they gonna grow corectly and maybe become nhl player

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hi Habs fans!
Am I the only one who's a little bit worried with the start of the season of Mysak and Norlinder?
I don't want to put too much pressure on them and only look at the score sheet.
I know some of you watch some games.
Can some of you give me your impressions?

Yes it's a concern especially for Mysak since he played there last year at 17 and had 9 pts in 26 games.

But both look the part so far and are getting good TOI. Norlinder is just back from a shoulder injury so we'll see how that impacts him. Stats can be misleading so I'm not worried about either player though I'm still working on getting to know Mysak since I haven't seen that much of him yet.

I've been definitely wondering about Mysak's production. I'm pretty sure I asked what production expectations are for him on here. Didn't get a response. I knew he was playing 4th line minutes earlier at least

I last watched the Czech league when Reway was there but at 19 he was leading the league in scoring. Mysak is on a crappy team as I try to watch their games but they are painfully boring as his team never seems to score much when I do watch.

So you would like a better production from Mysak and Norlinder, but you are not worried at all?
For me, it's not because they are 2nd or 3rd round picks that I don't have any expectations for thoses players.

Does Norlinder is playing well? Is he learning to play a more rounded game?
What's happening to Mysak?

Just want to know if some of you have more informations...

Norlinder before the injury was 3rd on his team in TOI, impressive for a rookie on the top team in the league (or was at the time, he's our only SHL prospect so when he's not playing i'm not following the league) He was just invited to play for the Senior National team, now this was more to due with covid but still says a lot.

What's good news is that he's shown a lot of improvement on his weaknesses, his defensive game looks better though still needs work, he looks stronger and more involved physically. I think he is working his way to being an all round complete D and not just known for his shot and dekes.

I'm not worried about him at all, though he should have 5 or 6 points by now.

Is Mysak the 13th forward or something?

1 assist in 11 games is really bad compared to what he did last year

no he's a regular on the 3rd line. He played almost 16 mins today, and his average is about 13 mins

Reactions: Frank JT

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's a bit weird how low his production has been compared to his D and D-1 years. In his D-1 year, he led the relegation tournament for the men's league with 9 pts in 6 games as a 16 years old.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

Prospect Seasons So Far (On December 7th)

- EUROPE -

Alexander Gordin (MHL - SKA-1946) : 18 pts (10G, 8A) in 19 GP
Jan Mysak (Czech Extraliga - HC Litvinov) : 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 11 GP
Mattias Norlinder (SHL - Frolunda) : 4 pts (2G, 2A) in 16 GP
Jacob Olofsson (AllSvenskan - Timra IK) : 2 pts (2G, 0A) in 3 GP
Jesse Ylonen (Liiga - Pelicans) : 5 pts (3G, 1A) in 19 GP
Otto Leskinen (Liiga - KalPa) : 10 pts (4G, 6A) in 17 GP

Frederik Dichow (Denmark - Rungsted) : .957 SV% in 3 GP

- NORTH AMERICA -

Cole Caufield (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 12 pts (6G, 6A) in 10 GP
Jack Gorniak (NCAA - Wisconsin) : 8 pts (3G, 5A) in 10 GP
Blake Biondi (NCAA - Minnesota-Duluth) 0 pts in 3 GP
Arvid Henrikson (NCAA - Lake Superior) : 0 pts in 6 GP

Sean Farrel (USHL - Chicago) : 16 pts (6G, 10A) in 8 GP
Jack Smith (USHL - Sioux Falls) : 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 8 GP
Rhett Pitlick (USHL - Muskegon) : 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 3 GP

Jakub Dobes (USHL - Omaha) : 1.80 GAA & .924 SV% in 7 GP

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Biondi listed at RW tonight after being at center. Playing a weak Miami Ohio so would be a good time to get that first point out of the way.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Biondi tries to get his first, surprised he remembers how to play with how little ice time he's getting.

not sure I can watch much more, very boring game and Biondi barely plays

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Biondi tries to get his first, surprised he remembers how to play with how little ice time he's getting.

I love it that he goes to the front of the net and is in the tight area but stable and still able to create a scoring chance.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Yeah, he's been getting the freshmen treatment pretty bad. His team is doing well so the coaching staff probably isnt feeling any need to change things right now. They're the back to back national champs so Biondi is definitely in a winning environment, which can only be good for his development, even if it means not much playing time right now!

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I love it that he goes to the front of the net and is in the tight area but stable and still able to create a scoring chance.

I assume that's why they felt he was ready to play this season as physically he has the strength and frame unlike Smith who needs to add mass and strength although different of course since he was injured for much of last year.

Yeah, he's been getting the freshmen treatment pretty bad. His team is doing well so the coaching staff probably isnt feeling any need to change things right now. They're the back to back national champs so Biondi is definitely in a winning environment, which can only be good for his development, even if it means not much playing time right now!

it's really bad, he's barely touching the ice, if this keeps up the season will just be a write off for him.

They are the first ever team in NCAA history to win back to back to back national championships and may have won another last year if not for covid. They are off to a good start this year but North Dakota looks like the team to beat and we have to see how the Hockey East shapes up as last year they had a strong conference but of course with NCAA you never know what teams will look like the next year unless they return the bulk of their top players which is rare in it's own right.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
I assume that's why they felt he was ready to play this season as physically he has the strength and frame unlike Smith who needs to add mass and strength although different of course since he was injured for much of last year.

it's really bad, he's barely touching the ice, if this keeps up the season will just be a write off for him.

They are the first ever team in NCAA history to win back to back to back national championships and may have won another last year if not for covid. They are off to a good start this year but North Dakota looks like the team to beat and we have to see how the Hockey East shapes up as last year they had a strong conference but of course with NCAA you never know what teams will look like the next year unless they return the bulk of their top players which is rare in it's own right.

I never saw a full game of Biondi, but by the highlights I saw from you I think of the first game, he is very raw. Poor decisions with and without the puck. He has a lot of tools, but needs to learn when to use all of them at the right time.

I think it will be a transition year for him. Dont expect 30 points from him. Patience is key with him and Smith.

Reactions: Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad