2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As was said it looked and was suggested that Smith was dealing with a wrist injury, as he went from being able to snipe them last year to not being able to get much on his shot, which I showed clips of both in the Smith thread. Still don't know what injury he had to be out for 3 weeks. Now we just need to see what UMD thinks of this, they have one of the best coaches in the NCAA so I'm sure he'll make the right call.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As was said it looked and was suggested that Smith was dealing with a wrist injury, as he went from being able to snipe them last year to not being able to get much on his shot, which I showed clips of both in the Smith thread. Still don't know what injury he had to be out for 3 weeks. Now we just need to see what UMD thinks of this, they have one of the best coaches in the NCAA so I'm sure he'll make the right call.
UMD has one of the harder lineups to crack, I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised to see him back in the USHL next season . He's just not all that sexy as a freshman add ATM.

Reactions: montreal

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
In terms of production his numbers in D+1 look closer to his brother than to BigMac, if we are looking at big guys.
His offense through 16 games was better than Brady Tkachuk with the Terriers as a Freshman, Tuch also listed as 10 pounds heavier. Luke is 6 months older at the same stage.

Reactions: yianik

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Its time to really get excited by Farrell

Excellent speed on his breakaway goal

Awesome. If he has Hudon-like skills (all my player comparables are habcentric but I don't think this one's that far off from what i've seen) but with real speed, he could be a good one.

My god our pool is looking ta tas right now. Especially with key guys having some good turn around years. If it wasn't for Norlinder's injuries, I think that would be ALL of our like top 10 or so looking really really good. Even beyond our top 10 there's some really interesting talent. Never seen our cupboards anywhere near this good.

Reactions: bopeep

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Farrell's had an outstanding season and for some time now he hasn't been playing with the 2 possible 1st rounders. Can't wait to see how he does next year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll get excited when he does well in the NCAA instead of an OP USHL team.

Looks good though.

My two things for him this year was become a consistent goal scoring threat and get faster.. he's done both of those things. Over college, I just expect him to get stronger and learn how to create offense against bigger, stronger and more structured teams.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'll get excited when he does well in the NCAA instead of an OP USHL team.

Looks good though.

I mean they are overpowered because they have him. It’s not like the team is full of NHL prospects. And he didn’t just have a really good season, he broke records.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I mean they are overpowered because they have him. It’s not like the team is full of NHL prospects. And he didn’t just have a really good season, he broke records.

It's not like they have 3 potential 1st rounder or anything. :sarcasm:

He was done with the USHL last year if not for Covid. He's a good prospect, but I'm not ready for the hype train just yet.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I really like the Biondi kid, but f*** me that skating, like nobody thought to hire a skating coach as I can't fathom a skating coach would produce skating so choppy. If he can get that worked out he could be something, at the same time I question why his organization drafts so many forwards under Timmins with such shit skating.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021

I really like the Biondi kid, but f*** me that skating, like nobody thought to hire a skating coach as I can't fathom a skating coach would produce skating so choppy. If he can get that worked out he could be something, at the same time I question why his organization drafts so many forwards under Timmins with such shit skating.

His father is a coach as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad