2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not watching the game but see that Olofsson was moved from 2nd line center to 3rd line RW for game 1 of the semi-finals.

edit: I haven't been watching him but there's a Allsvenskan reporter saying Olofsson had been on wing all playoffs, the official Allsvenskan site had him at center but you can't always go by those things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gyfu

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The tools have always been there. What a shot.

Which is why I never made a big stink about his production. And it wasn't that I didn't care about it, but Olofsson has a lot of tools that make a player have a long career.

But I can't hide the fact that because he's picked up his production the last little while makes him more exciting.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
if you count playoffs + regular season, Olofsson had 2 goals in his previous 18 games, that's been his biggest problem, he is way too streaky, gets red hot and other times ice cold. But even with limited offense he can be a DLR imo.

right before that he had 4 goals in 10 games and before that he had 1 goal in 9 games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Anyone watched Fairbrother with Everett this season? Remember watching him at the prospect camp last year and thought he could be a steal!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Farrell with 3 pts (2G, 1A) tonight in a 7-2 win over Dubuque.

He's now at 87 pts (28G, 59A) in 46 GP.

Chicago still has 7 games left. He's on pace for a 100-point season.

- Pitlick with 2 goals in a 5-1 win over Sioux Falls. No points for Jack Smith.

Pitlick now has 34 pts (13G, 21A) in 43 GP.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
- Farrell with 3 pts (2G, 1A) tonight in a 7-2 win over Dubuque.

He's now at 87 pts (28G, 59A) in 46 GP.

Chicago still has 7 games left. He's on pace for a 100-point season.

- Pitlick with 2 goals in a 5-1 win over Sioux Falls. No points for Jack Smith.

Pitlick now has 34 pts (13G, 21A) in 43 GP.

I think it’s great that Farrell had to play an extra USHL year. Now he can go to Harvard with extreme confidence and not feel like a freshman that has to play it safe.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Finnish Liiga will not postpone a single playoffs game, if a team has to go in quarantine, they will forfeit matches or even a whole serie.
Honestly, this is probably the smartest way to go at it if you're going to do playoffs at all. You just kinda want to get it over with and recoup whatever money you can.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watching Frolunda's playoff game, Norlinder just set up the 1st goal for Frolunda, he threw it on net and it was deflected in. 1-1 now

Earlier he got a bad pick thrown on him, no call but maybe cause he only stumbled but didn't fall down.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
IIRC, he was really dominant in the Allsvenskan play-offs last season. Would be cool if he's the type of guy who elevates.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He ended up - 1 a, +1, 17:44 TOI

That's the highest TOI in a month, and since he came back from injury and was pushed down to the 3rd pairing, this was just the 5th time he played over 17 mins. He had the 4th highest TOI of the blueliners as they were without Johansson (Wild 1st rounder) but listed as the highest TOI of LD though he was playing both sides although I didn't get to see a lot of the game due to work.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc

He ended up - 1 a, +1, 17:44 TOI

That's the highest TOI in a month, and since he came back from injury and was pushed down to the 3rd pairing, this was just the 5th time he played over 17 mins. He had the 4th highest TOI of the blueliners as they were without Johansson (Wild 1st rounder) but listed as the highest TOI of LD though he was playing both sides although I didn't get to see a lot of the game due to work.

He possesses scary good footwork, it's really deceptive :DD

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ilves returned to action today after being shut down due to COVID.

They're up 3-0 on Vaasan Sport in the 3rd period. Ikonen has an assist so far. It's his 4th point of the season and today is his 21st game.

It's unfortunate, but I'm not sure Habs will be offering him a contract so they will lose his rights after June 1st.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Did he not get an assist on the last goal in the clip? Seemed like he should get a 2nd assist there. That was a real nice defensive play and a good pass up ice

I ended up contacting the WHL and while I don't know if they ever got back to me since I'm locked out of my stupid hotmail account but I noticed they did in fact change it and he is now listed as having 2 pts that game.

After 2 assists last night he now had 7 pts in the last 5 games and 11 pts in 9 games overall.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I ended up contacting the WHL and while I don't know if they ever got back to me since I'm locked out of my stupid hotmail account but I noticed they did in fact change it and he is now listed as having 2 pts that game.

After 2 assists last night he now had 7 pts in the last 5 games and 11 pts in 9 games overall.
Nice! Haha I like the proactive step of contacting the WHL to get our prospect a point he deserved.

Also - hotmail? Really?

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nice! Haha I like the proactive step of contacting the WHL to get our prospect a point he deserved.

Also - hotmail? Really?

I likely had nothing to do with it as I would think the team would have had the WHL correct it.

I had a hotmail account for like 20 years that i used as a backup email but I tried changing my old email account to my new one and hotmail put me through the ringer because I don't have a security code because that old email account closed like 15 years ago.

Reactions: RandomTask26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->