2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So with SKA-1946 eliminated from the MHL Playoffs, Gordin finished the season with:

Regular Season: 43 pts (23G, 20A) in 49 GP
Playoffs: 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 5 GP

So all in all, he finished with 48 pts (26G, 22A) in 54 GP.

He'll turn 20 this July. I don't know how it works for junior hockey in Russia (age groups). So I don't know if he's still eligible to play in the MHL. But despite that, I do hope he at least stays in the VHL next year and gets more KHL games.

Reactions: bopeep

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Can I get a quick update? Who are the prospects I should be excited about who are excelling? Any prospects who have because of covid not had a chance to play competitive hockey this year? Who are the major disappointments? Thanks!!!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Can I get a quick update? Who are the prospects I should be excited about who are excelling? Any prospects who have because of covid not had a chance to play competitive hockey this year? Who are the major disappointments? Thanks!!!

Not the expert but a lot are doing really well. Caufield had a historic sophomore year at Wisconsin. Harris was one of the better D men in the NCAA. Struble looked great too for most of the year before injury. Farrell had a historic USHL year though he did it as a 19 year old. Still I think it was the best USHL season like ever? lol.

Poehling and Brook seem to be having bounce back years though still need some work. Ylonen's doing very well from what I hear and is scoring quite a few goals.

All the major prospects are doing very good with the minor exception of Norlinder who's just had 2 or 3 injuries. Otherwise it seems he did well but not quite as well as many hoped. Still seems like there were a lot of positives to draw from his play. He needs to stay healthy and work on a few things but he's shown some good things.

If anyone else wants to add or amend this, I'm sure I didn't get it all. Long story short, the pool's looking really really good

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Not the expert but a lot are doing really well. Caufield had a historic sophomore year at Wisconsin. Harris was one of the better D men in the NCAA. Struble looked great too for most of the year before injury. Farrell had a historic USHL year though he did it as a 19 year old. Still I think it was the best USHL season like ever? lol.

Poehling and Brook seem to be having bounce back years though still need some work. Ylonen's doing very well from what I hear and is scoring quite a few goals.

All the major prospects are doing very good with the minor exception of Norlinder who's just had 2 or 3 injuries. Otherwise it seems he did well but not quite as well as many hoped. Still seems like there were a lot of positives to draw from his play. He needs to stay healthy and work on a few things but he's shown some good things.

If anyone else wants to add or amend this, I'm sure I didn't get it all. Long story short, the pool's looking really really good
Guhle looks like an NHL player. Tuch and Mysak both showing promise; Fairbrother was signed to his ELC deservedly. Too early to tell with Biondi and Smith...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

In points, best since 2015-2016 (Rem Pitlick). Tied 74th all-time. 8th best in the last 10 years.

This is partly flawed in recent years due to most top prospects scores being spitted between the USHL and USDP (Hughes, Matthews, Caufield, Eichel, Wahlstrom, Turcotte)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I really like the Biondi kid, but f*** me that skating, like nobody thought to hire a skating coach as I can't fathom a skating coach would produce skating so choppy. If he can get that worked out he could be something, at the same time I question why his organization drafts so many forwards under Timmins with such shit skating.

Everything about his skating is so so wrong. :facepalm: His mechanics are terrible. He should not being using his arms, so much.

up to 6 pts +7 in 5 games, 16 shots

I really felt he was ready for pro and should have stayed in Laval. Could've signed him to AHLC like RHP. Anyways, good to get his confidence going offensively.

So with SKA-1946 eliminated from the MHL Playoffs, Gordin finished the season with:

Regular Season: 43 pts (23G, 20A) in 49 GP
Playoffs: 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 5 GP

So all in all, he finished with 48 pts (26G, 22A) in 54 GP.

He'll turn 20 this July. I don't know how it works for junior hockey in Russia (age groups). So I don't know if he's still eligible to play in the MHL. But despite that, I do hope he at least stays in the VHL next year and gets more KHL games.

Can Montreal sign him & let him play in Laval? Not sure what his contract status is over there.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Everything about his skating is so so wrong. :facepalm: His mechanics are terrible. He should not being using his arms, so much.

I really felt he was ready for pro and should have stayed in Laval. Could've signed him to AHLC like RHP. Anyways, good to get his confidence going offensively.

Can Montreal sign him & let him play in Laval? Not sure what his contract status is over there.

He's under contract in Russia until April 2022.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Don't forget Joel Teasdale. Undrafted, but at this point it means nothing. Same age as Poehling and similar production. Both are doing well with Laval now, both have size and both will make it to the NHL.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Don't forget Joel Teasdale. Undrafted, but at this point it means nothing. Same age as Poehling and similar production. Both are doing well with Laval now, both have size and both will make it to the NHL.

I really really like Teasdale so far, doesnt look like an undrafted player at all, more like a top 90 pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->