2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Jack Smith scores his 5th of the season in a 7-3 loss to Omaha. He now has 2 goals in his last 3 games.

- Dobes finished with 14 saves on 17 shots against for a .824 SV%. It's his 5th game in a row he posts a below .900 S%.

And in his last 12 games, he posted a .900 SV% or over only twice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't see the game but had said last game it looked like the wrist was fine from the vids i posted from earlier in the season and from 2 games ago. He seems to get offense in bunches though. 2 times this season he got 3 pts in 4 games, then he got 3 pts in 3 games, and now 2 pts in 3 games. He does have 5 pts in the last 10 games which if he didn't miss 3 weeks on that pace would put him around 8th OA on the team in points. Still terrible but at least wouldn't look so bad. That said if he did in face have a wrist injury that certainly would explain why a guy that looks like a sniper would struggle. But I've tried to find out info and no luck.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Alex Jefferies taken out of US HS after Smith and Biondi making those picks look even worse so far. Jefferies is a big forward with good speed who made HE All Freshman team alongside Luke Tuch. His first year numbers with Merrimac were even better than Luke's.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
- Jack Smith scores his 5th of the season in a 7-3 loss to Omaha. He now has 2 goals in his last 3 games.

- Dobes finished with 14 saves on 17 shots against for a .824 SV%. It's his 5th game in a row he posts a below .900 S%.

And in his last 12 games, he posted a .900 SV% or over only twice.
It looks as though there was a lot of extra curriculars in both this game and Youngstown vs. Team USA

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
SKA-1946 lost 1-0 in OT today in Game 2 of their second round series against Loko. They're down 2-0 and if they lose one more game, they're eliminated because I believe the first two rounds are Best-of-5.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
also Fairbrother plays at 10 but I don't know if I will have a vid till tomorrow.

I asked PA on twitter for an update on when Guhle will be back but no answer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
didn't see the game but Olofsson's team lose so the series is tied 1-1.

Do you know how it works in Sweden playoffs?

I know the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Allsvenskan play a Best-of-5 series and the winner of that series plays the 14th placed SHL team in a Best-of-7 series for relegation/promotion.

This year, the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Alssvenskan are Timra, who finished 1st in the standings and Karlskoga, who finished 2nd.

But now Timra is playing AIK in the 1st round.

So do they have their normal playoffs first and the relegation/promotion series take place later in the summer?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Do you know how it works in Sweden playoffs?

I know the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Allsvenskan play a Best-of-5 series and the winner of that series plays the 14th placed SHL team in a Best-of-7 series for relegation/promotion.

This year, the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Alssvenskan are Timra, who finished 1st in the standings and Karlskoga, who finished 2nd.

But now Timra is playing AIK in the 1st round.

So do they have their normal playoffs first and the relegation/promotion series take place later in the summer?

usually they top 2 teams just play and then they have the SHL qualifiers with 2 SHL teams. I haven't heard what they are doing this year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

@Hannibal you should like this, real solid check by Fairbrother, when challenged he just rag dolled him so even though he dropped the gloves he only got 2 mins.

He's up to 4-0-4-4 +4, 2 pims 12 shots

He's shockingly strong for a guy that is just average in size, a bit like Romanov. He showed it during his stint in Laval, he was winning most of his battles pretty easy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gordin opens the scoring on the PP. They're playing Game 3 against Loko of their second round series.

I may be mistaken, but I think it's a Best-of-5 series. So if SKA-1946 loses today, they're eliminated. But don't take my word for it.

Reactions: bopeep

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
SKA up 2-0 early in the second period. Gordin with an assist on the goal. He now has a goal and an assist so far today.

He now has 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 4GP so far in the playoffs. Today's game is still not finished.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jack Smith scoring his 6th of the season to put Sioux Falls up 2-0 against Sioux City.

Smith has been a little more consistent with his production lately. It's his 3rd goal in 4 games. He also has 6 pts in his last 11 games after going pointless for the previous 10 games.

Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Jack Smith scoring his 6th of the season to put Sioux Falls up 2-0 against Sioux City.

Smith has been a little more consistent with his production lately. It's his 3rd goal in 4 games. He also has 6 pts in his last 11 games after going pointless for the previous 10 games.

Now we know why he was having problems, he was on fire

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad