2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It's what happens when you post a Tweet that ends up being deleted. It shows as "This tweet is unavailable." So BU clearly deleted it.

But the good news, they re-posted it. So here is Tuch's goal:

That kid play like a more physical Pacioretty...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Tuch scores his 6th goal and 10th pt, also had some other chances and for you big hit lovers, 1:26 he tries to put someone into the 3rd row, himself along with it as he went in full speed.

Reactions: Locks and Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How many games left to the season?

As already mentioned, the regular season is finished. Wisconsin finished 1st in the Big-10 Conference, so they automatically get a bye to the semi-finals, which will be played on the 19th. Production during the tournament continues. So his next goal will be his 26th.

@montreal
Does production continue to be counted in the NCAA Tournament, as well?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As already mentioned, the regular season is finished. Wisconsin finished 1st in the Big-10 Conference, so they automatically get a bye to the semi-finals, which will be played on the 19th. Production during the tournament continues. So his next goal will be his 26th.

@montreal
Does production continue to be counted in the NCAA Tournament, as well?

yes the NCAA counts everything but exhibition games as one season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tri-City is up 2-0 after one period against Waterloo.

Pitlick with a goal so far. His 10th of the season. He's on a 4-game point streak.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Caufield has 6 goals in the last 3 games, 13 points in his last 6 games. He has 15 goals in his last 12 games and 21 goals in his last 20 games where he has 38 points in the last 20 games. What a season he's having as the top player in the NCAA.

it's all a question if he can shore up the skating and get stronger. I think he's in a pretty good spot with those 2 things but they can still get better. What's encouraging is how much he seemed to work on his skating. It bodes really well that he'll continue to do what he has to do. The shot is absolutely dynamite. All-world. And his puck skills aren't that far behind. Huge talent. I'll always have a bit of a nagging worry about his size especially 5 on 5 but I feel good all in all that he'll make good on his enormous promise.

Most people are cautious about his projections and fair enough. But from the little I know you don't clobber the NCAA as a sophomore and just end up being a 20 goal guy on a 2nd line. The talent is special. There's a gamebreaker in there. Maybe it doesn't happen because of whatever but the skill is there. No question.

Reactions: Rozz and montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's all a question if he can shore up the skating and get stronger. I think he's in a pretty good spot with those 2 things but they can still get better. What's encouraging is how much he seemed to work on his skating. It bodes really well that he'll continue to do what he has to do. The shot is absolutely dynamite. All-world. And his puck skills aren't that far behind. Huge talent. I'll always have a bit of a nagging worry about his size especially 5 on 5 but I feel good all in all that he'll make good on his enormous promise.

Most people are cautious about his projections and fair enough. But from the little I know you don't clobber the NCAA as a sophomore and just end up being a 20 goal guy on a 2nd line. The talent is special. There's a gamebreaker in there. Maybe it doesn't happen because of whatever but the skill is there. No question.

for sure he's going to have some issues 5 on 5 as the strength will likely always be a problem for him but that shot is just so special. He's scoring at will and as you can see in the vid, he easily could have at least 4 goals this game as the shot he rang off the cross bar, if that's just a little lower it's a sure goal and then with the open net either when he was fighting for the puck or if Holloway gives it to him instead of trying to score from inside his own blueline, perhaps CC gets it. There were some other chances he had but I had some issues with the audio so I had to redo the whole thing so it ended up a little shorter vid the 2nd time around.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Really intrigued at what his production in the NCAA (and off an overly stacked team) will be. He could easily be one of our best wing prospect or drop heavily next year.
I actually see him as one of their safer prospects because of his versatility. Steel list him at 5-10, 177, and he seems fairly sturdy on the ice, Strong personality as well. He won't be a top scorer in the NHL, but will fit into whatever role asked.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I actually see him as one of their safer prospects because of his versatility. Steel list him at 5-10, 177, and he seems fairly sturdy on the ice, Strong personality as well. He won't be a top scorer in the NHL, but will fit into whatever role asked.

he seems to have Hudon-ish like skill but with really good skating. I don't know if his skating is quite good enough for his size but it seems pretty damn good. Really heartened by his shot since he was advertised as a playmaker.

Reactions: bopeep

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder didn't do much today, 0 pts, 1 shot, Even, 14:07

That's the lowest TOI he's had since his first 2 games back from injury where he played 9:58 and 12:29. If you don't count those 2 and the game he got injured early in and played only 2:41, this was the only other game where he didn't play over 15 mins. Now going into the game his ave TOI was 16:40. Before when he was in the top 3, only 3 games did he not play over 17 mins and those were all seconds under 16 or just over 16 mins. But today he was used as the 6th D and has been mostly getting 5th or 6th TOI out of 7 dressed.

He had one play where he tried to set someone up in the slot, nothing special, wasn't going to make a vid but figured some might like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad