2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I take it you didn't watch the game

Unless he scored 2 goals or had two primary assists, he had a bad game considering he’s directly at fault for two against.

I mean he’s clearly been playing better but today there’s really no way to spin it positively.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Dobes gets the win, stopped 22 of 24, one was on the PP the other short handed in the final minute of the game, dude was left all alone in front of Dobes so he didn't have time to react and get set. Wasn't challenged too much.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Dobes gets the win, stopped 22 of 24, one was on the PP the other short handed in the final minute of the game, dude was left all alone in front of Dobes so he didn't have time to react and get set. Wasn't challenged too much.

I'm really interested in how he does in the NCAA. If he continues his work up a level, we may have a challenger to Primeau.

Dichow has been good too, but it's the Denmark league, so...

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm really interested in how he does in the NCAA. If he continues his work up a level, we may have a challenger to Primeau.

Dichow has been good too, but it's the Denmark league, so...

I'd be very surprised if he ends up that good, since what Primeau did at 18 is far ahead of what Dobes is doing but I'll get to see a lot of him at Ohio St as it looks like he could get the starting job there. He'll get some good experience facing all those top prospects in Michigan from the '21 draft assuming they don't turn pro right away.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'd be very surprised if he ends up that good, since what Primeau did at 18 is far ahead of what Dobes is doing but I'll get to see a lot of him at Ohio St as it looks like he could get the starting job there. He'll get some good experience facing all those top prospects in Michigan from the '21 draft assuming they don't turn pro right away.

You never know as goalie as they are the most unpredictable prospects in hockey.

However, I meant more as Halak was to Price. Not good enough to be a legit NHL starter, but good enough to light a serious fire under his ass.

Again (just to make sure nobody quotes this in 10 years), I am not saying either are as good as Halak and Price.

Also, while I think Primeau will be a NHL starter, it's not a given yet. I still remember the Toivonen vs Rask vs Price poll legend.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I really hope he at least gets to the VHL next year. This year is pretty much wasted playing with kids.
The truth is, he was ready for the next level from the get-go this season but when he did get to play on the VHL/KHL squads he barely got 4th line minutes. Let's hope SKA will give him a better chance next season, it's going to be the last one on his contract with them in any case.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The truth is, he was ready for the next level from the get-go this season but when he did get to play on the VHL/KHL squads he barely got 4th line minutes. Let's hope SKA will give him a better chance next season, it's going to be the last one on his contract with them in any case.

And if the kid has intentions of coming over to North America after his contract is up, then I can see SKA give him little.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Final weekend for the prospects in the NCAA.

- Caufield and Gorniak play Michigan State tonight and tomorrow.
- Harris and Struble play Boston College tonight.
- Tuch playing Mass-Lowell tomorrow.
- Biondi playing St. Cloud tomorrow.
- Henrikson playing Ferris State tomorrow.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Gorniak's goal was SH, it was all speed as he jumped on the puck and had a 2 on 1 with Holloway but when he passed it over it deflected in off the D's skate. Gorniak came close to scoring before that. CC's line has not played all that much as the bottom lines are getting a lot of TOI due to the early lead and Michigan St not being any good. I think they beat them 6-0 last time. Wisconsin needs to win out and have Michgan beat Minnesota in one of the two games to end up in 1st place.

Reactions: FrankMTL

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
The CC goal was a blast, i'll have a vid but it has the worst play by play as I think they invited local high school kids to do this game (just kidding, I assume it's Michigan St students, but it's brutal)
Haha seriously it’s terrible. They thought Weissbach scored too at first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->