2020-2021 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The CC goal was a blast, i'll have a vid but it has the worst play by play as I think they invited local high school kids to do this game (just kidding, I assume it's Michigan St students, but it's brutal)

You uh...werent kidding lmao

That one part where Wisc is coming in 2 on 1 for the goal is just ...LOL , its the typing equivalent of "coming in 2 on 1 and reg eohgohhjehgoidgpjadhjpa!!!!!!"

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Struble is a beast out there.

Beast physically, but with the puck, some curious decisions.

The play beginning at 0:50 .. He often does that. Goes coast to coast and try a pass « à l'aveuglette » without understanding that everyone was still at his blue line. This kind of play raises red flags for me.

He has all the skills, physically ready, moves well, but not sure about decision making on my end.

On the other hand, Jordan Harris is really good. He anticipates the play really well. Often makes a slow pass, because his teammates is a little bit behind.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

The play beginning at 0:50 .. He often does that. Goes coast to coast and try a pass « à l'aveuglette » without understanding that everyone was still at his blue line. This kind of play raises red flags for me.

He has all the skills, physically ready, moves well, but not sure about decision making on my end.

On the other hand, Jordan Harris is really good. He anticipates the play really well. Often makes a slow pass, because his teammates is a little bit behind.

yea Struble does some things that make you question the IQ but he is still raw as injuries have cut into his development. Next year if Harris is in the AHL hopefully, he could be the go to go guy for the 1st time so it would be very interesting to see how he handles it.

Harris has the IQ that will get him to the NHL, just so smart and so much poise, never panics.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pitlick had a goal yesterday in a 3-2 OT loss.

He has 4 pts in his last 3 games and 5 pts in his last 5 games.

He's at 27 pts (9G, 18A) in 32 GP on the season split between Muskegon and Tri-City.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
yea Struble does some things that make you question the IQ but he is still raw as injuries have cut into his development. Next year if Harris is in the AHL hopefully, he could be the go to go guy for the 1st time so it would be very interesting to see how he handles it.

Harris has the IQ that will get him to the NHL, just so smart and so much poise, never panics.
I've said it before but the way he wastes so little energy in all 3 zones is what has been impressing me the most the last 2 seasons. His IQ and play reading really are both above average.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

good game from Struble, solid one from Harris despite no pts for both, as they took on the #2 rated team in the NCAA. If they lose tomorrow they won't get a bye in the 1st round.

that rush that starts around 45 seconds just shows how good Struble is, the physical force, the skating ability and the way he drives the play... Unfortunately no one followed, good play nonetheless

Indeed, but I'd rather see him try than shy away tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that rush that starts around 45 seconds just shows how good Struble is, the physical force, the skating ability and the way he drives the play... Unfortunately no one followed, good play nonetheless

for sure as Struble often has done this where he takes the puck and skates it up ice and into the offensive zone. Brook does it too but once he hit the AHL you rarely see him do that, with Struble being much stronger hopefully that won't be an issue for him when he goes to Laval.

The pass by Harris at around the 1:48 mark was a thing of beauty though, with Harris I could put more stuff of him in my vids but he does more the smart, safe, steady stuff whereas Struble shows the more flashy and way more physical. Since he's more of a unknown/wildcard I like to show more of him but am really excited to see what both can do down the road for us.

Reactions: Sagikev

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010

Indeed, but I'd rather see him try than shy away tbh

I would rather see him keeping the puck, or pass the puck at the first blue line and follow the play. You have to understand when you can do a coast to coast... If you have support, if you have forwards that will follow you with speed... Or if the defenders have made a bad changes or are flatfoot, etc...

Doing a coast to coast to finish in the corner and try to make a pass without even knowing if someone followed you, it looks spectacular, but brings nothing...

However, you can see the skills, just the way he is able to find an open lanes is a skill itself, but need to learn when to do it and when to try that pass.

Reactions: montreal

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I mean that play to me is quite good. Awesome defensive play by separating the opponent from the puck then carry it the length of the ice himself, gaining the zone. Subban-esque. Hopefully with more experience he’ll continue to carry it around the opponent’s net and wait for his teammates to enter the zone. I don’t see that particular play being a red flag.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I mean that play to me is quite good. Awesome defensive play by separating the opponent from the puck then carry it the length of the ice himself, gaining the zone. Subban-esque. Hopefully with more experience he’ll continue to carry it around the opponent’s net and wait for his teammates to enter the zone. I don’t see that particular play being a red flag.
Yeah, I think the Subban comparisons are legit. Subby was a complete loose cannon as a junior if I recall.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
for sure as Struble often has done this where he takes the puck and skates it up ice and into the offensive zone. Brook does it too but once he hit the AHL you rarely see him do that, with Struble being much stronger hopefully that won't be an issue for him when he goes to Laval.

The pass by Harris at around the 1:48 mark was a thing of beauty though, with Harris I could put more stuff of him in my vids but he does more the smart, safe, steady stuff whereas Struble shows the more flashy and way more physical. Since he's more of a unknown/wildcard I like to show more of him but am really excited to see what both can do down the road for us.

Yeah Harris showed some good vision in that vid. Now that he seems to be boasting at least an NHL quality shot, the kid could really be something interesting. Stuble's just damn exciting. Hopefully he can take another big leap next year and refine his game but man does he have raw tools. LIke you said. Great to have both.

Man are our kids doing well for the most part

Reactions: montreal

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
0-0 after one period between Wisconsin and Michigan State. Caufield looks to have been active with 8 shots and 5 shots on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad