2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Ryan scores his 6th as the Wings take the 1st period lead over the Chicago Blackhawks

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Glad the Oilers are getting spanked by TO.

f***ing delusional for anyone to think they are a decent team. It’s just the division sucks ass so bad they’ve won a ton recently.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Reminder that there’s people that cried about Cherry getting pulled off the air.

So much better with him off jesus

I miss him

Not for any hockey analysis, guy was a moron, but he was our moron and it's just not the same.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Joe Thornton 10 points in 10 games. League minimum.

Remember when Benning fans were trying to laugh at Dubas when our record was only a bit worse then theirs last year? Good times.

It's almost like it's ok to pay your best players like they're your best players as opposed to paying your worst players like they're you're best players.

And then be smart enough to leverage the current cap situations to find bargain veterans that fit.

Oh, and actually use your farm team to develop complementary pieces.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is the first time I have felt Dubas actually has a significant amount of good fits in the bottom six rather than just cheap guys.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Smith stays in RVH while Hyman drifts high and into the slot and just puts it into the gaping hole on the opposite side.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
don cherry hated russians and disliked swedes. until they won him over. he's not a racist, he's an old fashioned parochial xenophobic jingoist who disliked all strangers and was fiercely loyal to his own country, those he knew and his team. i like him in spite of his equal opportunity intolerance. in fact i like him a lot more than i like people who feel the need to proclaim they hate him because they mistakenly think he's a racist.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
don cherry hated russians and disliked swedes. until they won him over. he's not a racist, he's an old fashioned parochial xenophobic jingoist who disliked all strangers and was fiercely loyal to his own country, those he knew and his team. i like him in spite of his equal opportunity intolerance. in fact i like him a lot more than i like people who feel the need to proclaim they hate him because they mistakenly think he's a racist.

I’m not a fan of intolerant people, or sexists. So Don Cherry is a big no for me. It’s weird that you like an intolerant sexist.

Reactions: Peter10

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I’m not a fan of intolerant people, or sexists. So Don Cherry is a big no for me. It’s weird that you like an intolerant sexist.

it's weird that so many people today feel the need to constantly tell people how morally outstanding they are by denouncing other people, and also constantly use the logical fallacy that anyone who disagrees with them must be immoral. at least it is until you read victorian novels and realize there have always been self righteous self important idiots like that. different moral high ground, same hypocrites. same as it ever was.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
it's weird that so many people today feel the need to constantly tell people how morally outstanding they are by denouncing other people, and also constantly use the logical fallacy that anyone who disagrees with them must be immoral. at least it is until you read victorian novels and realize there have always been self righteous self important idiots like that. different moral high ground, same hypocrites. same as it ever was.

Don Cherry was a public figure. No one put a gun to his head and made him go on TV and be intolerant and sexist to others. I have a Russian friend that was bullied during the 2002 olympics in part due to Cherry blasting Russians for being Russians. Cherry’s actions had real life consequences and it is totally reasonable for him to be criticized.

The fact that you are criticizing someone for criticizing Don Cherry in these circumstances iis utterly ridiculous and speaks more to your contrarian nature that we see time and time again with Benning.

Reactions: Peter10 and geebaan

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I haven't seen anything that convinces me that any of the names mentioned as candidates for President would be as capable as Gillis.

But I believe it is impossible to go back to a broken relationship.

Very unfortunate. Hopefully I am wrong.

I mean, there has to be a first time, right?

Billy Martin. Yeah, I know it's baseball, but

Reactions: Bubbles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad