2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I’ll say it again in the new thread but New Jersey are exciting to watch.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To The poster Vas Pod, there isn’t a combination that the Canucks could have put together without Petey that would have gotten NJ to trade Hughes even after a tough season. 18 year old who still needed to get much stronger.

Would expect them to ask for at a minimum both Boeser and Horvat and likely a draft pick.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’ll say it again in the new thread but New Jersey are exciting to watch.

It's interesting how they had that major false start in 17-18 when Hischier/Bratt/Butcher were rookies and half the team seemed to be in their first or second season ... and then stagnated badly for two years, and now are hitting form again.

Blackwood in goal looks like a future starter for Canada internationally. Might be the best Canadian goalie in the NHL already, to be honest.

Reactions: timw33

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
It's interesting how they had that major false start in 17-18 when Hischier/Bratt/Butcher were rookies and half the team seemed to be in their first or second season ... and then stagnated badly for two years, and now are hitting form again.

Blackwood in goal looks like a future starter for Canada internationally. Might be the best Canadian goalie in the NHL already, to be honest.
They’re have a lot of speed. Just entertaining every time I’ve seen them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Each goalie and situation are unique. Blackwood was 4 years post draft when he was thrust into the starter role in NJ due to Schneider's injuries. And you have others like Gibson, Vasilevsky, Hellybuck, Hart, Samsonov, who were given the reigns typically between 4-5 years post draft.
As long as the Defence is not a tire fire, it's ok for a goalie to develop as the starter in the NHL once they have proven themselves in the AHL to move up and take that next step.

So, for me, seeing Demko in post draft year 6 on pace to get the majority of the starts is where he should be. I didn't like the extra year on the Holtby contract.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They’re have a lot of speed. Just entertaining every time I’ve seen them.
They’re very well coached. With the puck they all attack and are creative with lots of motion. Without the puck they fall back and trap.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Gallagher's contract is gonna age like milk. Low percentage shot after low percentage shot. Someone thought it'd be a good idea to trade Boeser for Gallagher last season :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: bh53

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gallagher's contract is gonna age like milk. Low percentage shot after low percentage shot. Someone thought it'd be a good idea to trade Boeser for Gallagher last season :laugh::laugh:
Yeah marc Bergevin maybe

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Really enjoying watching the ?Sens. Their coach plays the younger guys. So much fun to watch. Wish our coach did that. Of course our coach can’t because his GM and owner think we’re a playoff team, and who cares about d3 eloping a winner for the next season and after.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I know its a popular thing around here to shit on Drake Batherson but the former 4th round pick is up to 4 goals on the season already. Not bad for a guy picked in the 120s playing on the last place team. We could use a big heavy guy like that on our 2R or 3R right about now :shakehead

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
God! I friggin’ hate the Habs. (Puke emoji). Come on Sens. Yes you suck old dirty socks, but win this game! Beat those not so very French Canadian (that’s me actually :)) Canadiens.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
God! I friggin’ hate the Habs. (Puke emoji). Come on Sens. Yes you suck old dirty socks, but win this game! Beat those not so very French Canadian (that’s me actually :)) Canadiens.
Quebecois or French Canadian?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What a friggin’ joke. NHL reffing trying to “manage the game”. Gallagher should have been the one penalized for embellishment. Habs suck old socks and will lose, because they are LOSERS!
Hated them longer than I’ve hated the Leafs.
Richard trophy needs a new name too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Gudbranson just getting posterized by the speedy Corey Perry. LOL.

Ha, jinx.
Guys like Perry and Thornton are making league minimum (or damned close) and how much are we spending on Sutter and Beagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->