2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Really? Whats the latest rumor? I hope it is for the president position if so, I prefer somebody else for the GM spot.

he announced today he wants another job in hockey just a month after resigning for unexplained personal reasons.

which adds fuel to the theory that was raised at the time that he suddenly resigned because his contract has a cooling off clause that prevents him from taking another hockey job for a set period of time. he was making sure he could start a new job in the offseason.

which then causes you to look at teams a month ago that might have been looking for a new gm or president.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I haven't seen anything that convinces me that any of the names mentioned as candidates for President would be as capable as Gillis.

But I believe it is impossible to go back to a broken relationship.

Very unfortunate. Hopefully I am wrong.

I mean, there has to be a first time, right?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I haven't seen anything that convinces me that any of the names mentioned as candidates for President would be as capable as Gillis.

LOVe to see Gillis back, and President of hockey works.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
he announced today he wants another job in hockey just a month after resigning for unexplained personal reasons.

which adds fuel to the theory that was raised at the time that he suddenly resigned because his contract has a cooling off clause that prevents him from taking another hockey job for a set period of time. he was making sure he could start a new job in the offseason.

which then causes you to look at teams a month ago that might have been looking for a new gm or president.

I thought there was some sexual allegations that he was involved in which forced his resignation. If that's the case, I wouldn't hire him. Although hiring an OBC guy as president is something I wouldn't mind.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The one owner who gave him a chance in 2008 would have to be the one to give him his second chance in the NHL 7 years after he was let go?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
The one owner who gave him a chance in 2008 would have to be the one to give him his second chance in the NHL 7 years after he was let go?

Well, given that Gillis was advising Aquilini at the time, and based on what we know about Aquilini, Gillis probably happened to say some things that resonated with Frankie. I don't think they're on the same wavelength anymore.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Landeskog body slammed an Arizona player. Really nasty. Headlock, and body slam. This game might get really good! Bring on the old time hockey!!!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Buffalo down by one at the 1st intermission to the Philadelphia Flyers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nashville doubles up the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 2-1 win earlier this afternoon

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Of course Smith is back to normal now.

Also, he went down early (with poor form) which facilitated the first goal.

Reactions: kevinsane

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He never really changed. Canucks just logo hunted all day and didn't really challenge him.

To be fair he did make some crazy saves on us, and then also made some others where he clearly had no idea what he was doing but got lucky.

Just fitting that his hot/lucky streak would end just after he plays us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille