Prospect Info: 2020 1st Rd Selection - #15 OA - LW Rodion Amirov (RUS) - 6'0", 177lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's a strange age when "skilled" is used as a passive insult against a player.

Didnt seem like a huge stretch given his pre draft rankings. If he develops as expected will be a very nice addition to the top two lines. I'm Sandin and Robertson showed Dubas has shown benefit of the doubt with these first picks. What matters most isn't how they look now, but how they seem over the next couple years

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wasn't the guy I wanted. But, I'm fine with the pick. I preferred Schneider or Perreault, but let's hope Amirov is the gem some others think. Unlike a decent amount of players, we know where he'll be playing and he will be playing this year.

Reactions: Morgs

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Bad pick.

Another soft Euro who you never know if he will show up or be invisible.
A Kyle Dubas special,fits right in with what we already have.
This GM has got to go.
Out of curiousity, why do you say hes soft? The scouting report says hes tenacious down low and forces turnovers.

Reactions: uncleben

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Lol

who tf is this dude.

Should have found a way to get Nashville’s pick to get Askarov. Why tf do we need another winger

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I like the optimism in the board. I do not like the pick. Not the bpa, does not address needs. I'd be more critical, but dubas hasn't butchered many drafts, so I'm hoping this kid impresses me. Not holding my breath though.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Sitting here puzzled. Hoping the experts know more. Feeling cheated. Becoming an Amirov fan either way though I guess
They should have picked Lafrenière
I like the optimism in the board. I do not like the pick. Not the bpa, does not address needs. I'd be more critical, but dubas hasn't butchered many drafts, so I'm hoping this kid impresses me. Not holding my breath though.
I think most here have been on HF or at least watching hockey long enough to know they have absolutely no idea how to run a draft. Wait and see is the best approach.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Our RHD Depth is a joke, the only player in the system who might be something is Liljegren and half of the people on this site and pundits really question what he will be. We have no toughness or somebody who focuses on D and there could Been two choices IMO Schneider (safe but likely more of a 3/4 due to no really offensive upside) and Grans who would have been my pick that may take a bit longer but higher upside. Both really big boys and great skaters.

Lots of trades and signings can happen in the 3-5 years it will take most of those D men to make the NHL

Auston Escobar

Plata o Plomo
Aug 14, 2019
Really happy with the pick, looks like a great finisher from the highlights I’ve seen. The draft reports about two way play are really promising as well.

Going to make the most of my DAZN subscription and check out some KHL games now.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Love the pick! I think he'll be a great player for the Leafs in the future, I've always has a bias towards European players but I think he's going to be great. Welcome to the Leafs!

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
for anyone that hates this pick - remember that the guy you got Hallander with this pick for Kapanen, who might be every bit as good as Kapanen in the NHL within the next 2 years and still has the benefits of his ELC...Amirov is gravy.

Another thing thing to like about this pick is that Amirov won't make an immediate impact (straight from Dubas's mouth), which means they still have the long view on building this version of the franchise.

I'd also speculate that it signals that Dubas's job is safe at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad