Prospect Info: 2020 1st Rd Selection - #15 OA - LW Rodion Amirov (RUS) - 6'0", 177lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
A talented Russian forward playing in the KHL and MHL, Rodion Amirov put up just two points in 21 KHL games this season. However, stats don’t tell the whole story, especially when you consider he is an 18-year-old with limited ice time in a men’s league. Playing in the MHL, he was dominant, with 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points in 17 games. He also added two points in five playoff games. Amirov has also been successful in the VHL, with three points in five regular-season games and four points in six playoff games. Amirov scored a goal in three games at the Spengler Cup. He also picked up three points in five games at the Canada-Russia Super Series.

Last season, Amirov put up 13 goals and 26 points in 31 games in the MHL. He also put up six points in eight MHL playoff games. Amirov played for Russia at the IIHF Under-18, scoring six goals and nine points in seven games, winning a silver medal and making the tournament all-star team. He was also part of the bronze-medal winning Russian team at the 2018 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup.

Rodion Amirov Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #20

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Burke needed a timeout lol.

I don't know too much about him, but it's not a reach at 15 from what I've read.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Alright I guess that is a fine pick. He should make the NHL relatively quick. Not an 'A' pick but the only real 'A' move he could have made at this point was trading down and that was probably not available since none of the remaining guys are really top 15 talents.

He is a top 20 talent at least and he does fit the Leafs' philosophy.

Reactions: Blue Nate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad