Prospect Info: 2020 1st Rd Selection - #15 OA - LW Rodion Amirov (RUS) - 6'0", 177lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
You should always draft BPA because then you convert excess BPAs to trade chips with better value than if you selected based on organizational need.

We can address the RD in free agency and, I mean, bottom 6 forwards are basically the candy corn in the pillowcase of free agents. You get tons of them and you have to sift through them to find the stuff you actually want.

Draft the best player but start trading some of our Hi skilled players for what we need young defensemen .

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Low Ceiling Dman. Glad we passed. At best he is gonna be a #4 Dman. We need a swing for the fences type pick.

I don’t think Schneider is a low ceiling defenseman at all, especially in the top 20. He wasn’t a top 5 pick, but look at his mobility, size, puck skills and there’s nothing particularly deficient. Just seems like he was a target of a bit of a smear campaign as a player whose strength isn’t primarily offensive production, late birthday, WHL product which seems to imply knuckle dragger.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
And who is the BPA? That is a subjective answer by the way. You think skilled wingers on elc's isn't going to be a need for this club? You silly
Personally, rychel was probably bpa imho. We desperately need defenceman and centres in the pipeline though. If you want to defend it, go ahead, but I don't see this as anything more than a total reach and a poor one.

Reactions: horner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Skill is always good. They wouldn’t have been looking to trade it though if they absolutely loved the player.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Personally, rychel was probably bpa imho. We desperately need defenceman and centres in the pipeline though. If you want to defend it, go ahead, but I don't see this as anything more than a total reach and a poor one.

He was ranked 19 on Bob's public list.

Seemed like he went exactly in the cluster where he was expected to be selected....

Reactions: nuck

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

He was more or less a consensus 12-16 pick so I dont see how its a reach? Also this draft was known to be D and C weak...

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I still feel ‘meh’ about it. Like a Russian Andreas Johnsson, but not the 20 goal version

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Damn I wanted Seth Jarvis so bad, sucks that he went before.

Askarov was the pipe dream, Jarvis was the realistic dream, but oh well - I don't know shit about this kid so I can't really be mad or happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad