Prospect Info: 2020 1st Rd Selection - #15 OA - LW Rodion Amirov (RUS) - 6'0", 177lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I would have liked Reichel here but obviously I don't know much about scouting and Dubas and co consistently make good decisions.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
what if the player they want is a ufa?

UFA is fine, the cap is what matter and the quality of player. JT needs a friend, the D needs some friends. A lot of work to do before the start of the season for sure.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Our RHD Depth is a joke, the only player in the system who might be something is Liljegren and half of the people on this site and pundits really question what he will be. We have no toughness or somebody who focuses on D and there could Been two choices IMO Schneider (safe but likely more of a 3/4 due to no really offensive upside) and Grans who would have been my pick that may take a bit longer but higher upside. Both really big boys and great skaters.
So no?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He was ranked 13th on my list. I agree with the poster that he is the only player left I thought has star potential.

Reactions: Morgs

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
He shall henceforth be known as Амиров

For those worried about "more small skill" he's probably a few years away. By then Dubas' complete overhaul of the roster into big, tough, nasty will be complete and we'll need skill players like him to round things out.

I do joke of course. If there were no solid deals to be made, why not go some risk/big reward?

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Wanted Reichel in this spot, and have also seen Schneider a ton and know he's a really good player. But I am also pretty happy with this pick, really stood out at last years u18s and though he was a bit of a tougher evaluation playing limited minutes in a pro league, the skill has always been there. A lot of upside and will be interested to see his development

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Our RHD Depth is a joke, the only player in the system who might be something is Liljegren and half of the people on this site and pundits really question what he will be. We have no toughness or somebody who focuses on D and there could Been two choices IMO Schneider (safe but likely more of a 3/4 due to no really offensive upside) and Grans who would have been my pick that may take a bit longer but higher upside. Both really big boys and great skaters.

BPA > Need

Given the progress of Sandin and Robertson I'm surprised there's this much anger on this pick in terms of Dubas' gauge on BPA to date.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Both remaining top D weren't known as two way so he just went for a position of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad