Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Godin is still good. I think he just wants one last chance at ridiculous wages. And Atleti are willing to do him a solid for a job well done. They have enough talent to replace him.

If Akanji is out the rest of the season, he's going to get some playing time. We are in three competitions right now, and with his price tag, they might prefer him to Toprak as the third CB.

He's played a total of 5 games for Boca and much of that has to do with resting up starter for the super classico against River. To ask him to be 3rd choice for Dortmund is a hell of an ask. If he gets sold he'll be loaned back to Boca until at least the summer.

Yeah, I saw that. They'd probably give him a good chance to play. Zagadou is the same age and he was in the rotation immediately after he transferred.

New coach, team,country, language all this without having much preparation is not a good idea. This show of interest does get me enthused for the up coming tournament though.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Why would the US Soccer market care about Pulisic if its not related to the National Team he plays for?

He's American. The USMNT won't play a game the majority people care about until November 2020 (and that's if they make it). He will be an American whether they do or not, before and after that. If he never played for the USMNT again, he would be still be American, Christian Pulisic, and would be marketed that way.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Nice will terminate Balotelli's contract. He is most likely headed to Marseille.

according to Di Marzio and confirmed by Bouhafsi.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Godin is still good. I think he just wants one last chance at ridiculous wages. And Atleti are willing to do him a solid for a job well done. They have enough talent to replace him.

I know Liverpool loves a free transfer on huge wages, and Gomez is hurt all the time. Come on down Godin.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tuchel has asked PSG to look into a few youngsters :
- Kai Havertz
- Santiago Ascacibar
- Nicolo Barella

Missed this earlier. Havertz is definitely going to make a move this summer for huge money. Too good to be playing for Bayer at this point.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You think 64 million is ludicrous? Welcome to today's market. This deal is really no different from Keita's, it's just the premium Chelsea paid is not conditional on Dortmund's success. The premium was to get the deal done now, and not wait until the summer.
It is ludicrous for Pulisic, yes. If Iwobi goes for 60m+, it is still an overpriced transfer despite the notion of 'today's market.

Keita is a way better player and wasn't bought with the primary purpose as a marketing ploy.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It is ludicrous for Pulisic, yes. If Iwobi goes for 60m+, it is still an overpriced transfer despite the notion of 'today's market.

Keita is a way better player and wasn't bought with the primary purpose as a marketing ploy.
This season’s Keita isn’t great...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was reading more about the Rabiot situation and a huge gigantic NO to him towards the Arsenal. Holy smokes, the guy thinks he's on Messi's level and showing so much lack of character. Incoming lockerroom cancer for Barca.

I am expecting to see a lot more Spanish players to Arsenal in the upcoming transfer windows. Espana technical prowess will make D2M a Gooner in no time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo do you know much about Todibo?

Di Marzio is saying he is close to signing with Barca.
New Varane they call him.
He's a VERY talented CB, flew under the radar for most youth categories, but has been huge recently and when called up for Toulouse, he was their best player.
Toulouse then tried to make him sign a pro contract quickly when they saw how good he was, but the guy understood it was not in his best interest.
Toulouse sent him to reserves immediately, but too late, every big team in Europe wants him on a free (for next summer).
There aren't many opportunities to sign on a free a guy with that talent, that age, that potential and with pro experience.

As I said earlier, EPL teams suck at scouting. This is just another example. He'll cost almost nothing to Barca. A nice signing bonus and a decent salary. If he doesn't pan out, no biggie. If he does, it's jackpot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Spurs triggered Toby's extension until 2020. But they should lose him for 25M£.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Naldo (Schalke) to Monaco (doubt he costs any money). Strange transfer, because he just extended his contract 2 months ago. Anyway, he's 36yo and might help Monaco somehow.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Apparently Bayern is still throwing money at Chelsea for Hudson-Odoi. Last I read was 33m euros.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Naldo (Schalke) to Monaco (doubt he costs any money). Strange transfer, because he just extended his contract 2 months ago. Anyway, he's 36yo and might help Monaco somehow.
He can't hurt at least.
Jemerson seems drunk on the pitch and the backup is good but 17 year old.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Godin would be your best CB and a starter in all key games.

That’s not the point though. I don’t think spending a stupid amount of wages on a 33 year old would be smart. Who knows when he falls off the cliff going forwards, plus we can spend that money on someone younger who can be useful and better for longer.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad