Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also forgo to say Ajax is tring to get Nkunku and Nsoki in the deal. PSG reluctant to let those two Academy players go. They're both excellent off the bench and exactly the low cost players they should keep.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
PSG has zero interest in Coutinho.
They're closing in on both De Ligt and De Jong. Henrique is in Amsterdam today.

You should be interested in Rabiot. He's a tremendous player. I don't need to talk about his character, but maybe he'll shut up on a team like Barca, where he's nobody.
Rabiot would probably be your best midfielder.

Hopefully that isn't the case, but I know they've been heavily linked with de Jong.

No, he wouldn't be our best midfielder.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean if Carrasco is a RW/RB it sort of makes sense. I can’t remember if he was used on the right or left though.

I think he's generally a wing for clubs, but Belgium used him as a WB in the WC when they played 3-4-3. he was on the left though, Meunier played right side. I would not count on him playing a FB position on a club team from my memory. Others prob have better input though.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Just read a report that United are interested in Yannick Carrasco. Obviously haven’t watched a single game of his since moving to China but he was pretty good st Atletico. Isn’t he a RB/RW or am I getting sides mixed up?

He played both sides but more on the left.

Was always waiting for Carrasco to explode but it never happened.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
PSG has zero interest in Coutinho.
They're closing in on both De Ligt and De Jong. Henrique is in Amsterdam today.

You should be interested in Rabiot. He's a tremendous player. I don't need to talk about his character, but maybe he'll shut up on a team like Barca, where he's nobody.
Rabiot would probably be your best midfielder.
Barca's best midfielder? A midfield that has Biscuits?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think he's generally a wing for clubs, but Belgium used him as a WB in the WC when they played 3-4-3. he was on the left though, Meunier played right side. I would not count on him playing a FB position on a club team from my memory. Others prob have better input though.
My thing would be it would allow someone like Dalot to take over the RB. Our RWs right is offer little to no defensive help. With someone like Carrasco, he would give the defensive covered to shelter Dalot a little bit. Also it would give us another attacking player off the bench (either Carrasco or Lingard/whoever he benches)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both Rakitic and Busquets miles better.

Coutinho if plays midfield is also better, and even Arthur is debatable.
Rabiot is better than Rakitic. He's also better than Coutinho at midfield. As well as Arthur.

But you guys will finally see him on a regular basis and you'll make your own opinion.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My thing would be it would allow someone like Dalot to take over the RB. Our RWs right is offer little to no defensive help. With someone like Carrasco, he would give the defensive covered to shelter Dalot a little bit. Also it would give us another attacking player off the bench (either Carrasco or Lingard/whoever he benches)
YFC is a LW that can play RW. I'm guessing RW is where he'd play.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not worried for him because I think he fits very well with Barca and la Liga in general.
He just made a good choice, and he's going to shine.

Problem will be on DD's shoulders. He doesn't plan on calling him back in the next two years knowing him but if the guy shines and takes over Barca's midfield, it's going to be hard.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well you'll see and revisit this in a year ;)

I said "debatable" and in the case of Arthur I don't know that a year is going to make up my mind. Either way I just don't want Rabiot. I want de Jong. I want de Jong, de Ligt and de Lofeu. :D

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I said "debatable" and in the case of Arthur I don't know that a year is going to make up my mind. Either way I just don't want Rabiot. I want de Jong. I want de Jong, de Ligt and de Lofeu. :D
I'd much rather de Alena de Puig.

Alena might not be an elite talent nor Puig but they deserve a chance. Buying Rabiot/Arthur/De jong they should just close La Masia up.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'd much rather de Alena de Puig.

Alena might not be an elite talent nor Puig but they deserve a chance. Buying Rabiot/Arthur/De jong they should just close La Masia up.

I agree about Alena and Puig. However I was posting that with de Jong being an alternative to Rabiot, not an additional buy. Also, I'm factoring in Rakitic leaving. That'd leave Busquets, Arthur, de Jong, Alena and Puig. Throw Coutinho in if you want. Anyway, you'd sign de Isco over all of them so I don't know what you're going on about.

Anyway, I have things to do today so you people need to please leave me alone. :D

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad