Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If there is one thing I've learned, don't trust Chelsea youngsters to actually develop into quality players. RLC looks like he will do it, Hudson-Odoi has potential, and Ampadu doesn't really count. Prior to those, the last academy product was John Terry. It's not even that they don't play, it's just that the vast majority of them are overrated and overhyped.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Solanke did his career some damage by thinking he could stroll over to Liverpool and get minutes when he wasn't at Chelsea, hopefully he can get back on track.

I'd wager this is Bournemouth hedging on the assumption that Wilson is leaving. He's been linked heavily with Chelsea. There have been worse January buys and he can pot them

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If there is one thing I've learned, don't trust Chelsea youngsters to actually develop into quality players. RLC looks like he will do it, Hudson-Odoi has potential, and Ampadu doesn't really count. Prior to those, the last academy product was John Terry. It's not even that they don't play, it's just that the vast majority of them are overrated and overhyped.
It seems like they have all the next world class youngster. They have some decent names but nothing compared to their initial hype.

Kakuta, McEachran, Chalobah, Bruma.

It seems like their youngster struggle to make the next step.

The best in recent years:
Ake, RLC, Bertrand, Traore, Christensen

Liverpool are not amazing either but they have some decent player coming from their academy.

Sterling, Suso, Alexander-Arnold, Wilson, Coady, Ibe.

What is the best academy in england? Tottenham maybe?

Kane, Bentaleb, Walker, Rose, Winks, Walker-Peters

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It seems like they have all the next world class youngster. They have some decent names but nothing compared to their initial hype.

Kakuta, McEachran, Chalobah, Bruma.

It seems like their youngster struggle to make the next step.

The best in recent years:
Ake, RLC, Bertrand, Traore, Christensen

Liverpool are not amazing either but they have some decent player coming from their academy.

Sterling, Suso, Alexander-Arnold, Wilson, Coady, Ibe.

What is the best academy in england? Tottenham maybe?

Kane, Bentaleb, Walker, Rose, Winks, Walker-Peters

Guess I forgot Christensen, but I count him like Ampadu, purchased at 16, so not a full academy product, but technically checks the box. People just hype Chelsea because they win titles at the youth level, but those are ultimately meaningless.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Adam Smith is another good one. Currently playing for Seattle Sounders
Been really really good for Seattle too when he plays :laugh: he’s making Seattle consider selling their young LB Nouhou (who probably has the potential to be a Yedlin like player)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Solanke did his career some damage by thinking he could stroll over to Liverpool and get minutes when he wasn't at Chelsea, hopefully he can get back on track.

I'd wager this is Bournemouth hedging on the assumption that Wilson is leaving. He's been linked heavily with Chelsea. There have been worse January buys and he can pot them
The thing with Solanke is that he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. If he was more clinical with his opportunities last year he may still be in Liverpool, but as for now I can't complain with the money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Been really really good for Seattle too when he plays :laugh: he’s making Seattle consider selling their young LB Nouhou (who probably has the potential to be a Yedlin like player)
Sure. But that's his level

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Done deal between Rabiot and Barca.
5 year contract, 10M annual salary. 10M signing bonus.

Barca and PSG will have a talk to see if a winter transfer is possible, for cheap change obviously.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Just read a report that United are interested in Yannick Carrasco. Obviously haven’t watched a single game of his since moving to China but he was pretty good st Atletico. Isn’t he a RB/RW or am I getting sides mixed up?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Barca and PSG will have a talk to see if a winter transfer is possible, for cheap change obviously.

:thumbd: Not interested in him at all. I also wouldn't talk to PSG about any January window transfer. Al-Khelaifi can retaliate and pay Coutinho's clause.

Talk in the Barça papers is about Todibo. I think he's the alternative to de Ligt because they don't want to pay the asking price.

Were it me I'd sign de Jong, de Ligt and Todibo.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto

I wonder if that takes them (Barca) out of the de Jong race? Doesn't make sense to me to offer that big salary to Rabiot, and then pay up a big transfer fee to Ajax.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:thumbd: Not interested in him at all. I also wouldn't talk to PSG about any January window transfer. Al-Khelaifi can retaliate and pay Coutinho's clause.

Talk in the Barça papers is about Todibo. I think he's the alternative to de Ligt because they don't want to pay the asking price.

Were it me I'd sign de Jong, de Ligt and Todibo.
PSG has zero interest in Coutinho.
They're closing in on both De Ligt and De Jong. Henrique is in Amsterdam today.

You should be interested in Rabiot. He's a tremendous player. I don't need to talk about his character, but maybe he'll shut up on a team like Barca, where he's nobody.
Rabiot would probably be your best midfielder.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wonder if that takes them (Barca) out of the de Jong race? Doesn't make sense to me to offer that big salary to Rabiot, and then pay up a big transfer fee to Ajax.
As said, I think PSG is making a huge move here for both Ajax guys.
They'll sell Cavani next summer. Di Maria and Draxler possibly too.
They're also trying to get Weigl to join this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad