Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I feel like they could afford him. They're at a net profit the last few years and I also think Fenway would do it for the chance to win two major sports titles in one year.

I didn't think he was a Liverpool target before this discussion and I don't now.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They definitely *could* but I doubt it's where they're looking to invest massive resources given that they think Gomez is gonna be solid and already have one of the better defensive records in Europe.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool needs a good third CB this summer, and I do expect them to sign another prospect type to take the spot Gomez was in prior to this season.

This summer I expect them to only spend big for another striker to rotate with Firmino.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Is Allan that good of a player to warrant 100 million Euros? That's what one report says that Napoli wants for him.

No, I don't know that I'd spend more than half that if half that. He's an underrated player though. You don't hear/read much about him and yet he's put up Kantesque tackle numbers in the past.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Coutinho's quality, but it was apparent that he would never be used properly at Barcelona and after a few weeks of him being gone that Liverpool could play better without him. The best things he does are things other players there do better.

That was such a bad buy.

They still have fekir's money... if they wanted to spend they have the capacity for it.

Yeah for Werner IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I remember a very different sentiment when Coutinho was sold despite what I was trying to tell people.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Coutinho was legitimately amazing under his last few months with Klopp and before his transfer to Barca. He was flawless even if he requested a transfer.

I understand that Klopp might not want him back anymore but he looked to have reached another level under him.

He is still a great creative player with decent work rate but he is way too inconsistent in his performance and does not fit too well the barcelona model. Maybe with more time he will settle better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's still an incredible talent. He's a poor fit at Barca but I think most teams would add him in a heartbeat.
Have I ever said he wasn't talented? Despite people having too much pride to actually admit they were wrong, and that exactly what I was saying happened, I was saying this about Coutinho already the season previous. Incredibly talented, could be one of the better players in the world, but just doesn't have the consistency or the mentality to put it together. You already see it at Barcelona. I said that getting van Dijk and losing Coutinho would make us better as a team because it provided better balance where we already had elite or very good attackers and didn't need Coutinho while van Dijk would be filling a hole we desperately needed (and I was absolutely roasted, despite actually providing statistics and arguments that supported the view). My dislike for Coutinho became purely on a personal level because of the way he went about leaving Liverpool; it had nothing to do with how good he was.

Also saying he was flawless leading up to his exit is certainly an interesting way of looking at it. There were multiple games where he was very poor (but again, he was always like that). 4ish years ago I thought he could become one of the best players in the world based on his talent because he was young and still had time to mature, work hard and find the consistency. It never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad