Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Honest question, is Rugani underrated? Everyone seems to think Caldara and Romagnoli are much better...

Tbh he’s not your typical italian defender. He doesn’t have that mean streak that makes strikers fear him. I personally think Romagnoli is better. Caldara not sure. I think he’ll end up being a steady defender. Won’t come close to a top 10.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He might not be my first choice, but if Klopp wants Rabiot, I’m on board.

I think there are minutes to be found and he’s got something to prove. But I imagine he’s using Liverpool to drive up the price.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Tbh he’s not your typical italian defender. He doesn’t have that mean streak that makes strikers fear him. I personally think Romagnoli is better. Caldara not sure. I think he’ll end up being a steady defender. Won’t come close to a top 10.

I like him more than Romagnoli but i'll not put him over Caldara.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Barcelona Showed Frenkie de Jong Neymar WhatsApp Messages to Beat PSG in Race for Ajax Star
Neymar's desire to return to Barcelona is reportedly evident in a series of WhatsApp messages in the possession of club executives and Neymar's former teammates. The Brazilian is said to have complained about the standard of football in Ligue 1, as well as the poor weather, before admitting that he made a mistake in leaving Barcelona for PSG in 2017.

After hearing Neymar's feelings, de Jong is said to have recognised that joining Barcelona would be his preferred option.

If this is true that is some next level negotiating tactic.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Weird, but makes sense. Do you really need to messages to prove that playing at PSG can be kind of boring with how they dominate France and that the weather in Spain is nicer?

Reactions: 417

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Lol okay, now that's pretty underhanded. And that's even before exploring how exactly they got those messages.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They way I interpret it, Neymar sent them to the execs and ex-teammates.
They said "in possession" of executives. The most charitable way to read that (to me) is he sent it to ex-teammates and they provided it to the executives. I mean, why would he be conversing with team executives like that?

But I don't know, maybe I guess.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They said "in possession" of executives. The most charitable way to read that (to me) is he sent it to ex-teammates and they provided it to the executives. I mean, why would he be conversing with team executives like that?

But I don't know, maybe I guess.

Eh, it's Neymar. I could see him doing something like that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hudson-Odoi submitted a transfer request, and Chelsea have informed Bayern that they won't sell this month, and that they still hope to convince Hudson-Odoi to stay.

Reactions: Gecklund

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
His time with Chelsea started off some promisingly...I could have never imagined after the first few months he would have fallen off to the point he has.

Atletico is a good landing spot for him though.

What is it about England that breaks talented strikers? I don’t get it.

Atlético made out very well.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hudson-Odoi submitted a transfer request, and Chelsea have informed Bayern that they won't sell this month, and that they still hope to convince Hudson-Odoi to stay.
Think they can still convince him to stay?

Best way is to play him, start him on Wednesday...but considering Sarri's reluctance to rotate players, I can't see him not playing Pedro/Willian.

I know the competition wasn't the best yesterday in the FA Cup, but that goal by Hudson-Odoi was special...he offers more dynamic edge then Pedro and probably better end product than Willian.

I'm happy they're keeping him but if they're not planning on using him, for the good of the club and for his future..sell him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They better start feeding him PL minutes then.

I’d sell and work out a buyback option.
Apparently Bayern wouldn't put one in, but RB Leipzig would. They are betting that his value won't go down in the summer. The offer was 35 million, so even if it drops a bit, still worth the risk to try and convince him that he could start next season or be the 3rd choice winger.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Think they can still convince him to stay?

Best way is to play him, start him on Wednesday...but considering Sarri's reluctance to rotate players, I can't see him not playing Pedro/Willian.

I know the competition wasn't the best yesterday in the FA Cup, but that goal by Hudson-Odoi was special...he offers more dynamic edge then Pedro and probably better end product than Willian.

I'm happy they're keeping him but if they're not planning on using him, for the good of the club and for his future..sell him.

I don't think so, but his value probably won't go down much in the summer. Only real chance is if he gets solid minutes down the stretch and Hazard ends up going to Real. Would be easy to tell him that he'd be a starter and not just 3rd/4th choice. Take the Hazard money and buy a long-term #9 or a CAM.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What is it about England that breaks talented strikers? I don’t get it.

Atlético made out very well.
Are you saying Morata was a talented striker? Because he was just spoonfed goals by a talented RM team and a talented Juve team. He was generally one of the worst on the field.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Are you saying Morata was a talented striker? Because he was just spoonfed goals by a talented RM team and a talented Juve team. He was generally one of the worst on the field.

Ok then. Yeah I think he’s got talent and I think he will produce well with Atlético.

Based on your comment it will all be because of others right? Lol...not much else to discuss.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Morata started with 12 goals in 24 matches, but then completely dried up. He was never a proven starter, and I think that was one of his biggest issues. Most of his appearances were off the bench at Juve and Real. Just a different mentality.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ok then. Yeah I think he’s got talent and I think he will produce well with Atlético.

Based on your comment it will all be because of others right? Lol...not much else to discuss.
Yes. He will produce because of Greizmann, Koke, Lemar, Saul, Costa, Rodri, etc. etc.. Does he have talent? Yes. Would he be playing above a mid tier team if he didn't start his career with RM? Nope. I don't think he should even get game time at Atletico.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes. He will produce because of Greizmann, Koke, Lemar, Saul, Costa, Rodri, etc. etc.. Does he have talent? Yes. Would he be playing above a mid tier team if he didn't start his career with RM? Nope. I don't think he should even get game time at Atletico.

We’ll see if those in charge agree with you or not. I suspect he’ll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad