Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oh I'll say it for you he's completely innocent.
There is a point about negotiating in good faith, I don't think that completely happened, but I don't think we should hold players to higher standards when almost everyone involved in the system doesn't live up to those standards.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
There is a point about negotiating in good faith, I don't think that completely happened, but I don't think we should hold players to higher standards when almost everyone involved in the system doesn't live up to those standards.
Agreeing in principle to a deal and then having another party beat the offer is negotiating in good faith.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I understand where you're coming from but meh no big deal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG is owned by Qatari sports investment who's chairmen is Nasser and Nasser represents the Qatar "Royal" mafia... I mean family. This family owns slaves given their "country" is run by foreign "workers". Do I have to connect the dots for you? Anyone who makes that much money in that region is complicit. Much less one that has direct ties to the rulers.

As for the comments I find it hilarious that you call De Jong a hooker because he went for more money when this whole industry/sport is run like that. When a player signs a contract which is a legal obligation much more serious than a promise they are allowed to get out of it but De Jong breaks a pinky promise and he's a hooker? Get real.

I don't have kids and I never said anything about how you should raise yours. Quite frankly it's not my concern.
Ah, so you know now that Nasser isn't the owner. Good. Maybe you won't make up some stuff next time.
I didn't call De Jong a hooker for going for more money. I called him a hooker for making tons of promises to both clubs and then breaking them.

So yeah, libel, lies, BS....

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Agreeing in principle to a deal and then having another party beat the offer is negotiating in good faith.

Yup, pretty much. Barça didn’t promise him starter minutes from the get-go, but to make up for it they offered both him+Ajax a much better offer than what they originally had on the table (for a long time they were even relenting on paying the agent’s + intermediaries fees).

How was de Jong supposed to know that Barça’s president would be flying in to make that offer at the last second?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I understand where you're coming from but meh no big deal.

Right, that's my conclusion with it too, we are definitely on the same side in the end. No contract is final until it's signed, and this isn't a system where everyone acts like a Boy Scout. A player should always do what's best for them, whatever that may be, because the club will always do what's best for the club.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's going back on a verbal commitment. It's not binding and ultimately no issue, but wouldn't say it's 100% in good faith.

I have 0 problem with what De Jong ultimately did, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea on that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, pretty much. Barça didn’t promise him starter minutes from the get-go, but to make up for it they offered both him+Ajax a much better offer than what they originally had on the table (for a long time they were even relenting on paying the agent’s + intermediaries fees).

How was de Jong supposed to know that Barça’s president would be flying in to make that offer at the last second?
Nope, that's not what happenned.
I'll say it again :
De Jong had both offers on the table. He chose PSG, for whatever reason (playing time, buddies, money, I don't care) and gave his word.
Then he stopped answering the phone. Barca came flying and he gamve them his word.
Then PSG got back with an improved offer and he gave them his word again.
And then he changed his mind a 4th time and signed with Barca.

To choose Barca over PSG is certainly understandable. To choose PSG because of playing time also. To change your mind and give your word 3 times isn't.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ah, so you know now that Nasser isn't the owner. Good. Maybe you won't make up some stuff next time.
I didn't call De Jong a hooker for going for more money. I called him a hooker for making tons of promises to both clubs and then breaking them.

So yeah, libel, lies, BS....

He's part owner? LOL and the rest are also from Qatar so, it does not matter which name it is all 5 of them are complicit. So, yeah not making anything up. Qatar owns slaves and is a country run by slaves.

A hooker makes promises and breaks them? Like what "I'll cuddle with you after"? "this is my first time" ... Evilo where are you going with this? Keep digging it's hilarious.

Libel? man you're on something but if you wanna die on the Qatari hill be my Guest. I don't discriminate against who I criticize be it English, Spanish or French club owners they're one in the same for me.

This is actually quite something if he ended up choosing PSG Evilo wouldn't have said a single word about him changing his mind against Barca. However, De Jong decided his future wrongly and therefore, should be castrated. In reality it's never a big deal.

Reactions: YNWA14 and Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's part owner? LOL and the rest are also from Qatar so, it does not matter which name it is all 5 of them are complicit. So, yeah not making anything up. Qatar owns slaves and is a country run by slaves.

A hooker makes promises and breaks them? Like what "I'll cuddle with you after"? "this is my first time" ... Evilo where are you going with this? Keep digging it's hilarious.

Libel? man you're on something but if you wanna die on the Qatari hill be my Guest. I don't discriminate against who I criticize be it English, Spanish or French club owners they're one in the same for me.

This is actually quite something if he ended up choosing PSG Evilo wouldn't have said a single word about him changing his mind against Barca. However, De Jong decided his future wrongly and therefore, should be castrated. In reality it's never a big deal.
No, he's not part time owner. And yes you libeled him. Pretty clearly.
A hooker goes where the dollar is regardless of promises or such? Got it? Easy enough?

I don't care about Qatari. But you specifically said Nasser. Lies. BS. At best uninformed.

AndI already told you I don't care. I'd rather see PSG sign Ndombele and the money stay in L1.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will confess I don't like PSG way of conduct. I used to watch religiously weekend game of ligue 1 and now I don't even bother looking 5 min or even the highlights. My interest has now swiftly switched to EPL which is the league I watch the most followed by Spain and Italy.

PSG act like bully and are ruthless on the transfer market with huge transfer fees and contracts and ironically are now upset that a bigger fish get in their way.

I understand why Evilo love them though, they went from "la farce" de la ligue 1 with overpriced vets to "la creme de la creme" in a short span of time and are now the only french team with true european championship aspiration. PSG have also been a huge fan divider in ligue 1. Many casual french fans are happy to see a french team being able to compete with the top 5 clubs in world (finally). France is in the top 3 country in term of the quality/size pool of players in the world at the moment after all. Furthermore, many french fans were mad to see all their good players go away at ridiculously low prices by low ranked clubs in england (this is still the case but at higher rate than in the past). PSG give them more national pride. On the opposite many fans are getting less and less interested in french football because PSG are clearly in another stratosphere in term of play and resources compared to what it used to be before the Qatari.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not sure why people are writing off Higuain so definitively.

It might not work, but not even leaving the possibility of him making a difference for Sarri is foolish.

And yes, he's better than Morata.
He has more confidence than Morata. I don't know if he's better at this point.

I do think he's severely underrated at this stage though. If that's possible.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
All players are hookers. They put their body on the line for the highest bidder. Nothing wrong with that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, he's not part time owner. And yes you libeled him. Pretty clearly.
A hooker goes where the dollar is regardless of promises or such? Got it? Easy enough?

I don't care about Qatari. But you specifically said Nasser. Lies. BS. At best uninformed.

AndI already told you I don't care. I'd rather see PSG sign Ndombele and the money stay in L1.

How is he not part owner? (not part time owner) he along with 4 others board of directors at the QSI which owns PSG. Libel only if it's not true... which it is so f*** him.

"I didn't call De Jong a hooker for going for more money. I called him a hooker for making tons of promises to both clubs and then breaking them." your words I didn't call him a hooker for going after more money... at this point you're arguing with yourself.

I specifically mentioned Nasser because he represents the ruling family.

You obviously do care but lie to yourself you're not fooling anyone on here.

Gotta say I'm unimpressed Evilo. Your quick to call out others for their hypocrisy and yet here we are. You defending Qatar and their cronies. A damn shame. Enjoy the last word, I'm done.

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I will confess I don't like PSG way of conduct. I used to watch religiously weekend game of ligue 1 and now I don't even bother looking 5 min or even the highlights. My interest has now swiftly switched to EPL which is the league I watch the most followed by Spain and Italy.

PSG act like bully and are ruthless on the transfer market with huge transfer fees and contracts and ironically are now upset that a bigger fish get in their way.

I understand why Evilo love them though, they went from "la farce" de la ligue 1 with overpriced vets to "la creme de la creme" in a short span of time and are now the only french team with true european championship aspiration. PSG have also been a huge fan divider in ligue 1. Many casual french fans are happy to see a french team being able to compete with the top 5 clubs in world (finally). Frace is in the top 3 country in term of the quality/size pool of players in the world at the moment after all. Furthermore, many french fans were mad to see all their good players go away at ridiculously low prices by low ranked clubs in england (this is still the case but at higher rate than in the past). PSG give them more national pride. On the opposite many fans are getting less and less interested in french football because PSG are clearly in another stratosphere in term of play and resources compared to what it used to be before the Qatari.
I don't love them. But indeed after years of big money teams pillaging the league, it's good to see a big spender in our league. I don't support them more than any other european relevant team( Monaco, Lyon).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How is he not part owner? (not part time owner) he along with 4 others board of directors at the QSI which owns PSG. Libel only if it's not true... which it is so **** him.

"I didn't call De Jong a hooker for going for more money. I called him a hooker for making tons of promises to both clubs and then breaking them." your words I didn't call him a hooker for going after more money... at this point you're arguing with yourself.

I specifically mentioned Nasser because he represents the ruling family.

You obviously do care but lie to yourself you're not fooling anyone on here.

Gotta say I'm unimpressed Evilo. Your quick to call out others for their hypocrisy and yet here we are. You defending Qatar and their cronies. A damn shame. Enjoy the last word, I'm done.
NAL doesn't own PSG. He's a puppet in charge of daily operations. Your slave reference is also libel.
Yes, I thought the hooker reference as beyond clear.
You mentionned Nasser and were wrong about it. period.
I never defended Qatar. I said us football fans of diverse teams shouldn't try to give lessons since we're hardly any better.

I contunued to talk about De Jong, something you chose to ignore. Your problem.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Let's be realistic, who of us here would have done differently from De Jong?

If you want him for good, sign off the deal, pretty sure PSG will not fall in the same mistake again

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I don't think it's a hard choice. Barca, if they want you, are still the glory club. Other than Real, that's the list. I'm not saying PSG isn't close, but until they win the CL a few times, it's harder to sell unless they're paying, you, your family, your uncle, your 1st grade teacher, you name it, and giving you a giant cut if the transfer fee, only to see you probably go back to the club you left in a few seasons.

Playing in El Clasico, playing with Messi, Barca, all mean more than PSG.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Keep this discussion to transfer dealings. Do not bring politics or any other agendas into this. Take any further issues with PSG and the De Jong transfer to pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->