Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1st (record), 5th, 6th in goal scoring in Serie A past 3 seasons.

Now post this season. In their leagues, Morata has 5 goals in 943 minutes and Higuain has 6 in 1280. Someone else can do the math on that but in my book that means they're both shit.

For almost every 31 year old player all that matters is what they're doing right now because their best years are behind them.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So after giving his word to PSG, then not answering the phone while agreeing with Barca, then meeting with his PSG officials again, giving his word again for a 8M€ contract + bonuses, De Jong signed a 10M€ contract with Barca.

As I said, he's definitely from Amsterdam :D

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So after giving his word to PSG, then not answering the phone while agreeing with Barca, then meeting with his PSG officials again, giving his word again for a 8M€ contract + bonuses, De Jong signed a 10M€ contract with Barca.

As I said, he's definitely from Amsterdam :D

BkwnN6oCIAA40MA.jpg

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ah we want to talk about owners now? You want Again to talk about what owners do everywhere?

I'm sure you don't. We've been through this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Personally I don't care one way or the other. I'd rather see PSG sign Ndombele next summer. Money will stay in L1 this way.

But De Jong is really an Amsterdam hooker no doubt.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not.
I don't like players promising left and right.
Mind you if he had signed with PSG he would given his word to Barca as well.
He's young, maybe he'll develop a conscience.
Hopefully.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
You’re not going to get anywhere with the PSG owners discussion. It’s been effectively beaten to death (probably not a metaphor I should use when autocratic regimes are involved). No one is changing their mind. It just devolves into what aboutism.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol.
Or blindism with a little bit of racism too...
Anyway yes the problem with someone giving their word to several teams is that person.
Only you would try to pin it on others.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And it's beyond laughable to use the word whataboutism when I was talking about De Jong's promises changing with the dollar and someone still manages to whataboutism it to PSG owners.

Deliciously ironic.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You’re not going to get anywhere with the PSG owners discussion. It’s been effectively beaten to death (probably not a metaphor I should use when autocratic regimes are involved). No one is changing their mind. It just devolves into what aboutism.

I wasn't intending - and I'm not really engaging in a big discussion here. Just a comment, half way tongue in cheek, on the moralism in that de Jong post. Somehow that has now made me a little bit racist.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Somehow, you ignored what I wrote.

Anyway, good for the tongue in cheel whataboutism. Doesn't change De Jong has to learn from this. If Barca is his boyhood team, as he says now, no problem, but don't give your word TWICE to another team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Personally I don't care one way or the other. I'd rather see PSG sign Ndombele next summer. Money will stay in L1 this way.

But De Jong is really an Amsterdam hooker no doubt.

Well then no wonder why Nasser wanted him so bad.

I'm not.
I don't like players promising left and right.
Mind you if he had signed with PSG he would given his word to Barca as well.
He's young, maybe he'll develop a conscience.
Hopefully.

He doesn't owe PSG anything regardless of promises made. I've made my feelings well known on all owners and the state of the market in general. However, between the two De Jong and Nasser it is De Jong that needs to develop conscience? That's quite a bold statement... Is bold the right word here?

Reactions: les Habs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well then no wonder why Nasser wanted him so bad.
And Barca bid more... :sarcasm:

He doesn't owe PSG anything regardless of promises made. I've made my feelings well known on all owners and the state of the market in general. However, between the two De Jong and Nasser it is De Jong that needs to develop conscience? That's quite a bold statement... Is bold the right word here?
Well, duh, exactly WHAT do you have aainst Nasser? Please link me.
And it's good to know you don't give any value to your promises and words. At least you can give De Jong company. :)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And Barca bid more... :sarcasm:

Nasser is bougie on a budget it seems. Maybe, he should sell some of his slaves if he wanted De Jong?

Well, duh, exactly WHAT do you have aainst Nasser? Please link me.
And it's good to know you don't give any value to your promises and words. At least you can give De Jong company. :)

What do I have against Nasser? LOL where to start really, shocking I even have to do the work for you. I have a problem with people who exploit others. YES ALL BILLIONAIRES DO IT. I have complained about them in general before however, their transgressions doesn't absolve Nasser here. He's not beyond criticism no owner or team is. He and his "country" and I'm using the word country very loosely here can go f*** off.

Why, should De Jong sign after making a promise when there's a better option available? He's not marrying PSG or Nasser and thus has no loyalty or obligation to them. They are not his friends or family. It's a company/club that gave him an offer to work for them no contract no obligation. It's really that simple.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nasser is bougie on a budget it seems. Maybe, he should sell some of his slaves if he wanted De Jong?

What do I have against Nasser? LOL where to start really, shocking I even have to do the work for you. I have a problem with people who exploit others. YES ALL BILLIONAIRES DO IT. I have complained about them in general before however, their transgressions doesn't absolve Nasser here. He's not beyond criticism no owner or team is. He and his "country" and I'm using the word country very loosely here can go **** off.

Why, should De Jong sign after making a promise when there's a better option available? He's not marrying PSG or Nasser and thus has no loyalty or obligation to them. They are not his friends or family. It's a company/club that gave him an offer to work for them no contract no obligation. It's really that simple.
Poor guy....
Can you give me a link for your point about Nasser's slaves? Good luck.
Can you give me a link that states Nasser is PSG's owner?

Shocking how you feel you can state BS without even looking it up.
And still no link between De Jong's words being worth anything and Nasser. But you made a great point about trolling. Someone trolled and you fall for it.

As for not being married to PSG, again, you raise your kids the way you want. That's your business. I know I try to teach them what a promise is. You apparently do the same, but in a very different manner. To each his own.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure why people are writing off Higuain so definitively.

It might not work, but not even leaving the possibility of him making a difference for Sarri is foolish.

And yes, he's better than Morata.
Isn't it just that one guy? Expectations aren't even that high for him. There are 15 league matches left, with Europa League and Cup matches. If he gets 1 goal every 2 matches, that would be fantastic. If it's less than that, it's still not a failure. All he needs to be is a consistent threat in the #9 position to allow for a better shape and Hazard to be more effective. Morata and Giroud just couldn't do that.

Reactions: Blender

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yeah I don’t see Higuain as a bad move. He knows Sarri and his system well. Hard to find someone to go into that on the fly, in a January transfer window.

Under the circumstances it’s not a bad move.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Poor guy....
Can you give me a link for your point about Nasser's slaves? Good luck.
Can you give me a link that states Nasser is PSG's owner?

Shocking how you feel you can state BS without even looking it up.
And still no link between De Jong's words being worth anything and Nasser. But you made a great point about trolling. Someone trolled and you fall for it.

As for not being married to PSG, again, you raise your kids the way you want. That's your business. I know I try to teach them what a promise is. You apparently do the same, but in a very different manner. To each his own.

PSG is owned by Qatari sports investment who's chairmen is Nasser and Nasser represents the Qatar "Royal" mafia... I mean family. This family owns slaves given their "country" is run by foreign "workers". Do I have to connect the dots for you? Anyone who makes that much money in that region is complicit. Much less one that has direct ties to the rulers.

As for the comments I find it hilarious that you call De Jong a hooker because he went for more money when this whole industry/sport is run like that. When a player signs a contract which is a legal obligation much more serious than a promise they are allowed to get out of it but De Jong breaks a pinky promise and he's a hooker? Get real.

I don't have kids and I never said anything about how you should raise yours. Quite frankly it's not my concern.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, if De Jong is a hooker, then they are all hookers. Not saying he's completely innocent, but that's the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad