Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Paredes kids enrolled for their next school. I guess it's done. 40M is the price.
Well it's pretty much put up or shut up time for him. I have my doubts on him but he's clearly talented. Being under Tuchel should bring the best out of him.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Good that it's over with. Frenkie wasn't himself on the pitch lately. I think it was always going to be Barca for him. With de Ligt it's a different story. I think he might wait till the summer before announcing where he'll go to.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Likely yes. BVB is right not to sell him this winter if they have any ambition.
That said, they're not mutually exclusive since PSG are looking to sign two midfielders.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Good. Love him and happy to see him play under Tuchel. Also means Weigl isn't going to PSG.
I know you're a big fan I'm still not convinced hes anything special or elite.

I don't even think it's certain he has what it takes to start for the NT and for them to win.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@les Habs You're right buddy, the Denis Suarez to Arsenal is dead since Barca wanted a 20 million buy-out clause after his loan and Arsenal wasn't having none of that. We could go back in for him during Summer, but Barca being super stingy AF for a second rate player.

Ornstein says Arsenal are still trying to bring in two loan players, one thought to be Suarez, but since that is dead they will have to move down their target list. One loan deal is suggested to be defencive help, but Bellerin's injury might force us to change from a CB to a fullback.

Yeah, he may be tight with Emery, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

He turned down PSG to join Roma, and he's been linked with United an endless amount of times. Pretty sure Barca was rumoured to be kicking the tires at one point as well.

Look, anything can happen, but Monchi is a super loyal dude and he's said countless times he gave Roma his word. He's shot down every rumour so far, and has laughed at reporters for bringing up nonsense countless times.

Plus, Roma has given him full autonomy to do his thing. He reports to one dude : Pallotta.

Do you think with all the bureaucractic bull**** with Arsenal ownership/hierarcy that would appeal to Monchi? Didn't Sven leave because of it?

Come on. No DoF of Monchi's stature is going near that mess.
Oh it does mean a lot because friends attract friends together. We see it a million percent in every sport, however I am in agreement that if the dude is super loyal in regards to fulfilling his contract then he probably waits until after it is done to head to another club (which if he's good, could be PSG or Barca as you alluded to). However, the rumour came from Ornstein and he's Bob McKenzie of Arsenal news, that doesn't mean a deal gets done, but that Arsenal are 100% interested in him replacing Mislantat.

Ornstein also mentioned that Francis Cagigao is the other person they're looking at to fulfill the position.
Also Balotelli to OM is done.
Lol.
My source didn't dissapoint. Big price tag let's see how he develops.
Which position do they plan on playing him? CB or is he a successor to Busquets?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Which position do they plan on playing him? CB or is he a successor to Busquets?

Frenkie mentioned that Barca couldn’t guarentee him a starting spot. Management also told him to focus on developing more into a #7 or #8, with Busquets ofcourse being a lock as the #6.

Frenkie will have to duke it out with Arthur, Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Puig and likely Rabiot. That’s quit the competition, but I am hoping he and Arthur become the regulars.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Frenkie mentioned that Barca couldn’t guarentee him a starting spot. Management also told him to focus on developing more into a #7 or #8, with Busquets ofcourse being a lock as the #6.

Frenkie will have to duke it out with Arthur, Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Puig and likely Rabiot. That’s quit the competition, but I am hoping he and Arthur become the regulars.

Puig should be Barca number one priority. He gets first dibs

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Rakitic is a goner. Vidal soon hopefully too

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There is no comparison. Higuain is the greatest single season scorer in Serie A histoy. Morata leads the league in offsides. Utter disrespect for one of the best strikers in a very strong gen.

I don't think he was very motivated to play for Milan who are still a club in transition/disarray.

Yes, go sign some players based on what they did years ago. While they're at it maybe a top club can sign Fernando Torres again.

The past is the past. Just to clear things up, Milan and Chelsea are at the same position in their respective tables. If Milan had a better player than Higuain up front they would have more points. I hope this comment from you was just taking the piss because it doesn't make sense. In addition to that his decline started last season. He had huge scoring droughts last year, but the biggest was probably come the end of the season. He scored 1 goal in 12 games to end last season, playing for a team like Juventus with the talent they have. That's complete shit if we're being honest.

I'm not saying it was a mistake to get rid of Morata, but they replaced him with someone who is very arguably worse. He's certainly not much better if better at all. It's also another window Chelsea had a chance to buy a good striker and they decided to do something like this.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Who exactly?

Piatek is better than Higuain based on all rational evidence. Why do you think Milan gave up on someone after six months? Maybe Chelsea should have signed him. The Chelsea of the past was a lot more successful hijacking transfers than they were doing this.

I rated Higuain more than most here for years, he's just clearly past it. I don't understand this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Piatek is better than Higuain based on all rational evidence. Why do you think Milan gave up on someone after six months? Maybe Chelsea should have signed him. The Chelsea of the past was a lot more successful hijacking transfers than they were doing this.

I rated Higuain more than most here for years, he's just clearly past it. I don't understand this.

Because Higuain wanted to leave, Milan didn't have a choice.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't rate him that much but the coach knows him and knows what he will get. It's a low risk move for Chelsea who needed a stop gap. top 4 is very much attainable and Higuain will help moreso than LOLorata.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes, go sign some players based on what they did years ago. While they're at it maybe a top club can sign Fernando Torres again.

The past is the past. Just to clear things up, Milan and Chelsea are at the same position in their respective tables. If Milan had a better player than Higuain up front they would have more points. I hope this comment from you was just taking the piss because it doesn't make sense. In addition to that his decline started last season. He had huge scoring droughts last year, but the biggest was probably come the end of the season. He scored 1 goal in 12 games to end last season, playing for a team like Juventus with the talent they have. That's complete **** if we're being honest.

I'm not saying it was a mistake to get rid of Morata, but they replaced him with someone who is very arguably worse. He's certainly not much better if better at all. It's also another window Chelsea had a chance to buy a good striker and they decided to do something like this.
1st (record), 5th, 6th in goal scoring in Serie A past 3 seasons.

Fernando Torres hasn't been relevant since 2009.

There is no way Morata is better at anything than Higuain, that is absurd.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Milan also gave up on Bonucci after 1 season and he leads the best defense in Europe in mins played in league and CL.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Higuain is not the same player any longer. If Sarri thinks he gets Higuain from his first season at Napoli he is tragically mistaken.

Doesn’t mean that he might not be able to do a solid job for a period. He might even get a bit of a short term boost. Even if I think it is just as likely he will look old and slow and not contribute with anything more than Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad