Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also Higuain is a million times better than Morata, nonsense if somebody is saying the opposite.

Watch more football then. He's barely better if at all. Just had a very long streak without scoring. We also know from history that players have to be more than just a good scorer to succeed in the Premiership. Particularly players need to have some physical attributes.

I refrained from comment for a while but I really don't know why Chelsea is signing him.

Reactions: gary69

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Watch more football then. He's barely better if at all. Just had a very long streak without scoring. We also know from history that players have to be more than just a good scorer to succeed in the Premiership. Particularly players need to have some physical attributes.

I refrained from comment for a while but I really don't know why Chelsea is signing him.
He's always been more than just a scorer, he's just aging.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I think it makes sense but only as a stop gap. I agree that he and Morata are on similar levels but Higuain does come with Sarri experience and more of a proven resume. So for 6 months it can't really hurt them imo.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
There is no comparison. Higuain is the greatest single season scorer in Serie A histoy. Morata leads the league in offsides. Utter disrespect for one of the best strikers in a very strong gen.

I don't think he was very motivated to play for Milan who are still a club in transition/disarray.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Frenkie to Barca for 90M is being reported here. Seems legit and it confirms what I expected: Ajax leaking tons of stuff trying to drive the price up. Barca and Frenkie are just a perfect match.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Frenkie to Barca for 90M is being reported here. Seems legit and it confirms what I expected: Ajax leaking tons of stuff trying to drive the price up. Barca and Frenkie are just a perfect match.
What about de ligt, the guy Barca actually need?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Who was excited? Far as I recall reactions ranged from "not the kind of player we should be signing" to "I guess he can fill a hole until we find someone good"

Reactions from different posters:
  • "I like it overall" in reaction to the window as a whole.
  • Another reaction seemed more than alright with the move.
  • "I'm ok/fine with Lichtsteiner"
  • He'd "provide stability"
So correct, no one was "excited", but as I said at the time the reaction to the deal was essentially rubber stamping it while at the same time some of the same people were all too happy to see the back of Ramsey.

Boateng played striker for Las palmas a couple of years ago too

I think he scored against a season or two back too.

I was furious about this yesterday. I'm too tired to be mad now. It's a loan, so not that big a deal, but it's just embarrassing. I mean f***, I'll just come and say that considering any striker deal wasn't going to be that serious anyway, I would have taken a punt on Bojan. He actually proved himself at the club and has a bit of a knack for some nice goals too.

Morata to Atletico on loan with option to buy.

This just doesn't feel right.

KPB to Barca is hilarious.

Well I'm not f***ing laughing Nich o las.

Lol, remember the time when Barca made smart transfers?

Time? You mean times. Like when we signed Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Arthur, Dembele, Rakitic, Suarez, Semedo, Lenglet and Malcolm. Of course none of them are good enough to start for today's Arsenal, but we can dream.

Yeah, I would love our team to be backed by tax payers too. Barca should be fortunate they can hide all their terrible transfer buys under the rug.

I see your ignorance doesn't rest at just our transfer history.

Paulinho to Barça, my friend

As odd as that was, it worked out really well in the end. He scored 9 goals in the league, more than Benzema for example and in fewer minutes no less. and they made a profit on him.

Wow...
Emiliano Sala signed with Cardiff from Nantes for 20M this week.
Yesterday he took his stuff and took a private plane to Cardiff.
His plane never arrived. On going researches but it looks like we'll never see him again :(

Crazy...

Speaking of Schalke...whatever happened to Konoplyanka? I always thought he looked very solid.

I think he's had some run-ins with his manager. Must be something about him off the pitch. He didn't start regularly for Sevilla, but had some nice moments and put up some good numbers. At this stage, and it's really late in the game now, but he should be looking for a club where he'll start consistently.

Been told by a local source that De Jong has chosen Barcelona.

Hard to believe considering all the stories and how quickly the narrative around the player changes, but sounds like it could be the case.

- Arsenal still linked with Denis Suarez.

I read today that any deal is off.

Well to say we "need" is saying a lot actually, but don't worry, we'll sign him too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ufff... an argument about Higuain and Morata. All I'll say is that Morata really isn't doing much for Chelsea anyway so that alone means the move isn't too bad. Still right now Higuain will deliver more than Morata.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
He's supposedly very good friends with Emery and both of them were together at Seville. If there is one potential club that could sway him, it is his friend at Arsenal. Not saying he will accept the position though, especially on the circumstances why Mislintat left.

Yeah, he may be tight with Emery, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

He turned down PSG to join Roma, and he's been linked with United an endless amount of times. Pretty sure Barca was rumoured to be kicking the tires at one point as well.

Look, anything can happen, but Monchi is a super loyal dude and he's said countless times he gave Roma his word. He's shot down every rumour so far, and has laughed at reporters for bringing up nonsense countless times.

Plus, Roma has given him full autonomy to do his thing. He reports to one dude : Pallotta.

Do you think with all the bureaucractic bullshit with Arsenal ownership/hierarcy that would appeal to Monchi? Didn't Sven leave because of it?

Come on. No DoF of Monchi's stature is going near that mess.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, it seems like what I thought was happening withDe Jong he wanted Barca and used other teams to get the offer he wants out of Barca. I'm ok with it as it also seems the Rabiot stuff was smoke screen to get De Jong to sign too. In the end they both win while Rabiot and PSG lose so great :)

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

If the price for Frenkie really is 90M, then de Ligt will cost about the same, if not more. Not sure Barca are willing to pay that much for two players. I think de Ligt goes elsewhere, though I would like him to join Barca as well. City seems to make a strong push of late, but I don't rule out Juventus, either.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Frenkie de Jong to Barca will officially be announced later today. He and Barca came to terms earlier today. Rumored fee is between 84 and 90M, with 75M as direct ca$h money and the rest consists out of bonuses.

I figure he will form a 3-man midfield with Rakitic and Busquets. Though I'll leave that to Les Habs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, it seems like what I thought was happening withDe Jong he wanted Barca and used other teams to get the offer he wants out of Barca. I'm ok with it as it also seems the Rabiot stuff was smoke screen to get De Jong to sign too. In the end they both win while Rabiot and PSG lose so great :)
Why would Rabiot be smoke screen?
Barca are very interested in Rabiot, as they should be. They even made an offer in August for him.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
The rich get richer.

Meanwhile in Rome, I'm hoping we can sign a capable CB on loan for 6 months.

De Jong is a great get though, don't mind my jealously. I look forward to watching him with Barca , tbh.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Frenkie de Jong to Barca will officially be announced later today. He and Barca came to terms earlier today. Rumored fee is between 84 and 90M, with 75M as direct ca$h money and the rest consists out of bonuses.

I figure he will form a 3-man midfield with Rakitic and Busquets. Though I'll leave that to Les Habs.

Hows De Jong going forward? If he's more BUsquets this midfield heavily lacks creativity in the final third.

Why would Rabiot be smoke screen?
Barca are very interested in Rabiot, as they should be. They even made an offer in August for him.

When the rumours early in the window that he might come in January and that he was inches away from signing with them... they vanished pretty quick. It's obviously just speculation on my part but it makes sense.

The rich get richer.

Meanwhile in Rome, I'm hoping we can sign a capable CB on loan for 6 months.

De Jong is a great get though, don't mind my jealously. I look forward to watching him with Barca , tbh.

Impossible, barca don't make good buys or some shit.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When the rumours early in the window that he might come in January and that he was inches away from signing with them... they vanished pretty quick. It's obviously just speculation on my part but it makes sense.
Erh, they had a contract agreed. Rabiot's mum asked for more.
As for a january move, no team will want to give money to PSG for a free move.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hows De Jong going forward? If he's more BUsquets this midfield heavily lacks creativity in the final third.

De Jong always goes forward. That's his main quality. He's very creative, though his end product and efficiency needs work. Should rack up more assists and goals for someone who has the ball so much. His shot is also below average.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Impossible, barca don't make good buys or some ****.

KPB is pretty funny , you have to admit.

I certainly liked the days when La Masia was pumping out 1st team players instead of signing the Paulinho's , Andre Gomes, Arda Turan's of the world , but perhaps I'm a bit of a purist.

I think I read somewhere that in 2016-17 the 1st team had more La Masia products than Barcelona B , which is pretty baffling. That shouldn't even be possible.

Just hasn't been the same since Pep and Laporta , but it's not my club.

Seems it all started going downhill once Sandro Rosell got elected despite the 1st team success. I felt they lost their identity a little bit , and it's continued down that path a little more each season since.

I'm sure people will disagree.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
KPB is pretty funny , you have to admit.

I certainly liked the days when La Masia was pumping out 1st team players instead of signing the Paulinho's , Andre Gomes, Arda Turan's of the world , but perhaps I'm a bit of a purist.

I think I read somewhere that in 2016-17 the 1st team had more La Masia products than Barcelona B , which is pretty baffling. That shouldn't even be possible.

Just hasn't been the same since Pep and Laporta , but it's not my club.

Seems it all started going downhill once Sandro Rosell got elected despite the 1st team success. I felt they lost their identity a little bit , and it's continued down that path a little more each season since.

I'm sure people will disagree.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said but that wasn't the point of my post lool. Just the recent claims made by some that Barca don't make good buys. They've relied heavily on exporting players rather than developing their own. Which sucks and I've already made my feelings known about getting both De Jong/Rabiot. We gotta ride out the cycle until Pep comes back. :)

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I agree with pretty much all of what you said but that wasn't the point of my post lool. Just the recent claims made by some that Barca don't make good buys. They've relied heavily on exporting players rather than developing their own. Which sucks and I've already made my feelings known about getting both De Jong/Rabiot. We gotta ride out the cycle until Pep comes back. :)

Oh, I know it wasn't , I just wanted to say it.

Umtiti, Arthur, ter Stegan and Dembele et al, seem alright to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The Paredes family are touring the Eiffel Tower today (with pictures and all).... :sarcasm:
Second target is Gueye, but outsider could be... Renato Sahches... But Bayern has asking for way too much money apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad