Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Saw this tweet earlier too. I feel like they should have more man power searching.

I don't know. It's basically impossible to survive for more than minutes in channel waters during January. We're talking 50F temperature at the most to say nothing of the weather.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know. It's basically impossible to survive for more than minutes in channel waters during January. We're talking 50F temperature at the most to say nothing of the weather.

True I didn't really think of that, I guess they know what they are looking for and it is not life. Unfortunately they don't need to frantically search... Darn.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'm pretty apprehensive about the move , but they need someone with Higgy heading to London.

Sounds like you lot are close to getting Steven Bergwijn as well. Don't know much about him, tbh.
Kouame has always been the more impressive Genoa striker when I've watched but Piatek has ice in his veins and him and Cutrone could be a deadly duo. It's a pretty big gamble though, and one that I'm not sure this team can afford to lose.

I thought Inter was the team going hard after Bergwijn? Last I heard Leonardo was targeting Carrasco.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How does the transfer work if they never find the body or if he's found dead? Does Cardiff still pay the fee, is it waived, does insurance cover it? Was just curious how that worked in a situation like this.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How does the transfer work if they never find the body or if he's found dead? Does Cardiff still pay the fee, is it waived, does insurance cover it? Was just curious how that worked in a situation like this.
I have no clue. My assumption is that it is covered by insurance.

Reactions: HoseEmDown

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm pretty apprehensive about the move , but they need someone with Higgy heading to London.

Sounds like you lot are close to getting Steven Bergwijn as well. Don't know much about him, tbh.
I would be pretty shocked if PSV let Bergwijn go this winter (unless you're talking about the summer).

He's a very dynamic, powerful winger that is a direct goal threat but still possesses a good range of passing and intelligence. He has all the makings to be a top tier outside forward. Strong dribbling, good centre of gravity, decent vision and pretty productive. I always had him up as the top talent of his age group along with Nouri.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Terrifying news about Sala and the others on board the flight.

Other. At least from what I read there were only two people on board, which would evidently mean him and the pilot...

Also hoping for the best, though it seems far-fetched at this point...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A potential hard Brexit could be affecting transfer to EPL clubs already. Here's some talk: https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-br...ier-league-football/cwp6p3hhmuxx119cm1syhwyi2

United's CFO:

“A lot of European players will want to be paid in euros, understandably to a degree. But we are a sterling company . . . [and] managing that is quite tricky.”

The biggest clubs are hedged against currency movements, earning euros from playing in European competition and dollars from international sponsorship deals. Even so, Mr Baty said his club does not have enough euros in hand to accede to the request, insisting players be paid in pounds instead.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I didn't expect Elliot to splash so much cash this transfer window but Paqueta, Piatek, and Berwijn would be really nice. If Leonard can get another midfielder I think CL qualification is realistic.

Yeah, gotta see how the deals are structured in the end, but it looks like most of them are loans with options/obligations to help comply with FFP.

Paqueta has looked the business so far. Pretty jealous you guys landed him.

Top 4 will be a dog fight most likely. I think Roma is finally coming around , and Lazio/Atalanta won't go away quietly either.

We shall see. Inter dropping points to Sassuolo @ home was a nice surprise.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah, gotta see how the deals are structured in the end, but it looks like most of them are loans with options/obligations to help comply with FFP.

Paqueta has looked the business so far. Pretty jealous you guys landed him.

Top 4 will be a dog fight most likely. I think Roma is finally coming around , and Lazio/Atalanta won't go away quietly either.

We shall see. Inter dropping points to Sassuolo @ home was a nice surprise.
Piatek is straight cash apparently.

Paqueta looks like the real deal. Finally this team has a creative player other than Suso.

Sampdoria has looked good as well. That 4th spot is going to come down to the final matchday I think.

Reactions: Il Mediano
Jul 7, 2009
Been told by a local source that De Jong has chosen Barcelona.

Just a few extra points someone added to this on reddit.

-He would make the same as Couthino and Demeble.
-offering Ajax more then 75 million so there is different payment options
-Oriol said 2 starters will have to leave to balance the salarial mass and open up space for him if he were to come.

Wonder if Rakatic would be one.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It can't just be me that thinks Chelsea selling the notably awful Morata to replace him with the equally notably awful Higuaín is hilarious, can it?

(my browser put that accented letter in Higuaín, please don't think I cared enough to do it)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It can't just be me that thinks Chelsea selling the notably awful Morata to replace him with the equally notably awful Higuaín is hilarious, can it?

(my browser put that accented letter in Higuaín, please don't think I cared enough to do it)

I mean, at least it's not Falcao or Eto'o or Demba Ba or Loic Remy...

Standard for Chelsea, at least Higuain is someone that Sarri wanted and he knows the system. Not saying Chelsea are perfectly built for him, but they are much better built for him than Milan were. He should at least bring Juve production, which is a big upgrade. And it's just a loan that can be extended into another loan.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Higuain is 100x better

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Higuain is 100x better

That's a little aggressive. He is better but definitely still flawed, a good stop gap though for 6 months.

I'm interested to see how he does in the Prem, gong to be some adjusting I imagine.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Arsenal still linked with Denis Suarez.

- Arsenal also being linked with Gelson Martins the past week. Current favourites to sign him have been Henry's Monaco.

- Emil Audero is a free agent this summer and Arsenal have been looking at him as a replacement for the soon-to-retire Cech.

They can woo all they want. He's turned down bigger clubs than Arsenal to stay in Rome.
He's supposedly very good friends with Emery and both of them were together at Seville. If there is one potential club that could sway him, it is his friend at Arsenal. Not saying he will accept the position though, especially on the circumstances why Mislintat left.

Also Higuain is a million times better than Morata, nonsense if somebody is saying the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad