2019 VGK Training Camp (Roster Announced)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I can't imagine no one claims DDR....

No one claimed Domingue the other day.

According to Capfriendly, Sparks & Dansk will be on the Sunday waiver wire so we'll have to wait until 12ET Monday to find out.

Guessing at the lineup tonight:
Patches Glass Smith
Pirri Eakin Tuch
Zykov Nosek Duke
Carrier Roy Kolesar

McNabb Coghlan
Merrill Whitecloud
Schult Holden

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
No one claimed Domingue the other day.

According to Capfriendly, Sparks & Dansk will be on the Sunday waiver wire so we'll have to wait until 12ET Monday to find out.

Guessing at the lineup tonight:
Patches Glass Smith
Pirri Eakin Tuch
Zykov Nosek Duke
Carrier Roy Kolesar

McNabb Coghlan
Merrill Whitecloud
Schult Holden

Who hasn't played yet, that could be a good place to guess.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Either they put Glass on the third line or Roy is center on the fourth line. I think they are the only two still considered.
I anticipate the Knights will send Glass down and have him work his defense in the role they envision him at: as a top line centerman. He's very close and will be called up this season I think. But he has some stuff to work.

Blueline is much harder. Knights do an incredible job of maximizing talent on defense. Still think Hague will get the nod, his upside is ridiculous and he is good enough now to get the ice time he needs to polish things up.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
5:30 AM? I know ice time is somewhat scarce, but Jeezus!!! :laugh:

I don't think I've been up that early since I had a paper route! :biglaugh:
Yeah, they had the ice reserved from 5:30 until their normal practice time. We were on the other rink so I peaked over when I walked in at 5:45. I was surprised to see them out there so early.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hopefully it's nothing serious for Theodore, but he didn't play in the 3rd.

D pairings are starting to look like
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Schmidt/Schmidt-Coghlan
Schuldt/Bischoff/Holden
Engelland
Merrill

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Sculdt isn't ready, Bischoff seems light on upside, and please for the love of God, waive Holden!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I wonder how long the first season will insulate Gallant and McPhee from criticism. Because people talk about Gallant being a loyal coach but that has seemed to be detrimental at times. McPhee run teams have also had a reputation for overcooking prospects in the minors, haven't they?

It isn't a good look when prospects can only crack the lineup when you trade someone. Glass looked the only player with some spark in the game and is clearly a good PP and top six option right now. Even putting him at center or on the wing with Eakin and Tuch makes more sense.

It even makes more sense to move up Tuch and put Pacioretty on that line as he has had good chemistry with Glass and Eakin, and play all three lines enough ice time. The Penguins put Kessel on a third line and won a Cup with that. It would also help insulate that fourth line with Nosek as a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad