2019 VGK Training Camp (Roster Announced)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Most coaches do not hang around LV, AIUI. He was working with trainers and strength/conditioning guys, and maybe a skating guy/gal.

He was working intensely with Misha Donskov, Director of Hockey Ops and an established development coach.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Different than NHL behind-the-bench coach. In order to maintain a more competitive balance, players are prohibited from working with their own coaches during off season.

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas
Looks like the Leafs are hoping for defenceman Jordan Schmaltz to pass quietly through waivers. Guy looks to have improved over the summer, but with the unexpected rise of Sandin is likely on the outs.

It could be a good pickup for the Knights, and huge add to the competition for the bottom pairing. Worth taking a shot on a *free* former 1st round pick just entering his prime, who has put all injury concerns behind him.

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas
Looks like the Leafs are hoping for defenceman Jordan Schmaltz to pass quietly through waivers. Guy looks to have improved over the summer, but with the unexpected rise of Sandin is likely on the outs.

It could be a good pickup for the Knights, and huge add to the competition for the bottom pairing. Worth taking a shot on a *free* former 1st round pick just entering his prime, who has put all injury concerns behind him.

And the Leafs place Schmaltz on waivers! Someone is going to grab this kid for free, sure hope it's us.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas
You don't want a kid that was beaten out by Marincin and Holl.

He wasn't though.

Holl is there for salary cap reasons only (Leafs need to squeeze every penny) to be sitting in the pressbox for the year. Marincin (who actually turned a bit of a corner, if you saw him post a point-per-game at the World Championships a few months ago) is a giant who is on the third pairing to protect the undersized Sandin.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
But you have to make a NHL roster spot for him. Who you got going to IR or waived/demoted to take his place?

Holden? Or else Bischoff and Schuldt are sent down and Hague is the only rookie on the team. We seem to be going with one extra forward.

Not saying we would do this but we could easily fit him in the lineup.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's him or Zykov at 3LW, with Zykov having the better claim. I could see them splitting games, though.

I think this is right, and injuries happen and players miss games so I think there will be plenty of opportunity for both players to get 40 games, which is enough for them to show they deserve more.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Eakin is day to day so Glass might be centering the 2nd line on the season opener with Stastny on the 3rd line. What if it works out and Eakin has to be 4C when he comes back?

Why does this sound so familiar? Oh yes, the collective fantasies of all VGK fans.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eakin is day to day so Glass might be centering the 2nd line on the season opener with Stastny on the 3rd line. What if it works out and Eakin has to be 4C when he comes back?

Why does this sound so familiar? Oh yes, the collective fantasies of all VGK fans.
I never really thought about Eakin as a 4c but now...holy f*** we can really run 4 dangerous lines

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Pacioretty-Glass-Stone
Zykov-Stastny-Pirri
Nosek-Eakin-Carrier

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I never really thought about Eakin as a 4c but now...holy **** we can really run 4 dangerous lines

Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Pacioretty-Glass-Stone
Zykov-Stastny-Pirri
Nosek-Eakin-Carrier

Why are you working so hard to unload Reavo? :laugh:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I mean if we're focusing purely on offensive ability, who would you rather have in? Carrier or Reaves?

I think we should realize that if Reaves is healthy he is in the lineup 95% of the time. Whether we think he should or not, they think it's what the team needs.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I mean if we're focusing purely on offensive ability, who would you rather have in? Carrier or Reaves?

Reaves is underappreciated on both the forecheck and backcheck. How often do you see Carrier dump a puck in, then pull a swim move to beat the defenders in front of him to the puck? It's one of Reaves's trademarks (along with pummeling knuckleheads).

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Don't worry because it's only a matter of time before Carrier gets hurt. You claim he has more offensive upside than Reaves, but.... Does he? I mean.....Does he?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Being 4th line energy is a dying, underappreciated art. You're good until you ain't.

Is Granger not factoring in that the team is 1.45m over the cap right now with 25?

Maybe they are planning to LTIR Tuch or Eakin? That's the only way I can see. 10 games and 24 days . . . . .

Reactions: CupInSIX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad