GDT: 2019 Traverse City Prospects Tournament game 1 Leafs vs St. Louis 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's a big body that can protect the puck when he rushes up the ice with it. He has good speed too. Overall he's not going to dazzle you but I think he will be an effective 3rd line/4th line tweener.

I don't think he's going to be anything more than an injury replacement, big body that skates ok with ok skill but nothing that's above average enough to help him stick imo

gonna be tough for the forwards, they have to beat out 2 (3 or 4 inc scratches)of Petan, Agostino, Bracco, Shore, Goat, Aberg an on D there are 2 spots open for 2 of Sandin, Lilj,Kivihalme, Harpur, Gravel, Marnicin, Schmaltz, Holl
7 of these guys will be on the club, 4 on ice 3 scratched.
My guess is with Hyman out, Bracco, Shore and Goat with Petan/Aberg and Agostino fighting for the last spot
On the back end I think Sandin/Lilj/Harpur are going to be 5 6 and 7.

These forwards aren't even in the Leafs discussion but Kivihalme may surprise, he's got tools that will translate well to how we play imo, he's also standing out which is a decent sign

he is just....there.
not a fan

Basically my thinking about him, he hasn't got the tools to stick unless he plays like a Hyman or Brown and can bring something extra to the team

agreed. I liked his first game as a Marlie, but he fell off quickly. I don't see much in him. And in a tournament like this, he should dominate

He's huge, he should be bullying these kids like Hyman right now but besides a nice pass he's just there

Reactions: JohnnyT91

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Obviously Robertson isn't going to make the Leafs this year but I'd love to see him in 1 or 2 pre-season games just to see how he plays with some NHL talent.

Reactions: 54thecup

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I was so pissed we didn't take debrincat or girard

I wanted Girard so badly

same. he was one of the kids that got me to look at smaller players differently. He's just so smart out there on the ice and Colorado was smart to trade for him.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Robertson is a stud. Very excited for him after seeing this game. Great skating, physical play is there and he is dynamic offensively. It's one thing to stand out like that at 20/21 but to do it that well at his age freshly drafted is good news.

Kivihalme was probably #2. He looks like he could be a big part of the Marlies right away. I also liked Hollowell and Duszak.

Scott looked solid. Abramov, SDA and Stotts all looked mobile and creative offensively. I like SDA's work ethic out there defensively.

Colt Conrad was the most impressive of the AHL contracts.

Reactions: 54thecup

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I wanted Girard so badly

Hart would have been an obvious call with our depth at the time. A potato-drafter would have taken Kyrou, even that would have been a huge upgrade.

We could have gotten Korshkov in the 3rd. If someone took him earlier, who cares?

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I wanted Girard so badly

This is one thing I do agree with Don Cherry

Leafs with their resources should know all OHL players inside out coming into the draft his arguments that we should be drafting canadians to me means there should be scouts at all at least OHL games and we should at least know these players way better then other teams

Reactions: bonjovi0308

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'm still waiting for my second period stream to start.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
This is one thing I do agree with Don Cherry

Leafs with their resources should know all OHL players inside out coming into the draft his arguments that we should be drafting canadians to me means there should be scouts at all at least OHL games and we should at least know these players way better then other teams
I'd make the exact opposite arguement, the OHL is easy to scout, relatively speaking. It's well known, highly visible, cheap, every team should have a comprehensive book on draft eligibles in the OHL.

With that being the case resources wont give any significant advantage. Where they might is in leagues getting less attention like junior leagues in eastern Europe.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
So glad we traded up to get him. Odds of Gibson and Rakell turning into anything is like 0%.
I think Gibson might be a decent backup in the future. Ducks always seem to develop their goalies well. I'm really liking that Freddy Andersen kid. Wish we could get a goalie like him someday.

No chance Rakell becomes anything though. Guy has low hockey IQ.

As for Tyler Biggs lets not forget that he was a top 5 pick at the start of the year and didn't put up big numbers because of a limited role. I think we've got a steal boys.

Jerry D'Amigo is going to be fire on that 2nd line in the future. Excellent tenacity. Can't believe we got him in the 5th round. Robbed the other teams blind.

Reactions: GermanLeaf and kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad