GDT: 2019 Traverse City Prospects Tournament game 1 Leafs vs St. Louis 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Shifty as **** with a Canon of a shot
Gritty little bugger as well

Great "get" in the late 2nd round
He reminds me somewhere between pre-85 point Marchand and Brendan Gallagher.

If he can be that gritty pest on the LW that can put up between 35-50 points a year I will be extremely pleased with the pick.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Robertson has such a filthy shot.

No way he doesn't make the NHL. Just imagine him getting passes from our talent.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He reminds me somewhere between pre-85 point Marchand and Brendan Gallagher.

If he can be that gritty pest on the LW that can put up between 35-50 points a year I will be extremely pleased with the pick.

Between Marchand and Gallagher?

If he becomes as good as Gallagher thats a resounding success, never mind being better

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
gonna be tough for the forwards, they have to beat out 2 (3 or 4 inc scratches)of Petan, Agostino, Bracco, Shore, Goat, Aberg an on D there are 2 spots open for 2 of Sandin, Lilj,Kivihalme, Harpur, Gravel, Marnicin, Schmaltz, Holl
7 of these guys will be on the club, 4 on ice 3 scratched.
My guess is with Hyman out, Bracco, Shore and Goat with Petan/Aberg and Agostino fighting for the last spot
On the back end I think Sandin/Lilj/Harpur are going to be 5 6 and 7.

From an asset management perspective the kids on D don't have to clear waivers. IMO this will work against them making the team out of camp.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
When is game 2?

Today at 3, unfortunately the stream wont be the best as they play on the "smaller" side once again. Mondays game vs. The Wings they move to the bigger rink, with a better stream, albeit with the Wings commentators.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
From an asset management perspective the kids on D don't have to clear waivers. IMO this will work against them making the team out of camp.

Agreed! But I think Liljegren is going to make the team. He’s a RHD and can move the puck.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Do you know who is waiver eligible and who isn't? I am not 100% sure but you are right, that will change my guesses

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Can anyone help me with a few links please. Im not a computer nerd by anymeans. Vpn is dont use so..

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Do you know who is waiver eligible and who isn't? I am not 100% sure but you are right, that will change my guesses

I just use capfriendly Leafs page, check the icons next to a player to see if they're waiver exempt (green icon).

Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Everytime I look at this page I learn something new. For instance, it just reminded me that Petan and the Goat have to pass thru waivers this year. Going to be an interesting camp for them vs: the influx of journeymen:) ( now journeymen included those over 25 that have stalled b4:)

Reactions: JohnnyT91

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Robertson is a stud. Very excited for him after seeing this game. Great skating, physical play is there and he is dynamic offensively. It's one thing to stand out like that at 20/21 but to do it that well at his age freshly drafted is good news.

Kivihalme was probably #2. He looks like he could be a big part of the Marlies right away. I also liked Hollowell and Duszak.

Scott looked solid. Abramov, SDA and Stotts all looked mobile and creative offensively. I like SDA's work ethic out there defensively.

Colt Conrad was the most impressive of the AHL contracts.

I wanna give some luv to Ian Scott! He gave up to 2 quick ones but thought he looked really calm and steady, despite the fact that the shots and game flow became increasingly tilted towards the Leafs.

Remember, he is the guy that came to the Marlies the year b4 last season and that investment payed off! Funny when the best goalie in Junior hockey in the world gets a hmmmm..Long way to go but this kid is trending in the right direction imo.

Last edited:

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd make the exact opposite arguement, the OHL is easy to scout, relatively speaking. It's well known, highly visible, cheap, every team should have a comprehensive book on draft eligibles in the OHL.

With that being the case resources wont give any significant advantage. Where they might is in leagues getting less attention like junior leagues in eastern Europe.

Well ohl kids playing in Toronto's back yard should be easy to evaluate...ex debrincat

Do you agree with increasing draft age to 19?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I wanna give some luv to Ian Scott! He gave up to 2 quick ones but thought he looked really calm and steady, despite the fact that the shots and game flow became increasingly tilted towards the Leafs.

Remember, he is the guy that came to the Marlies the year b4 last season and that investment payed off! Funny when the best goalie in Junior hockey in the world gets a hmmmm..Long way to go but this kid is trending in the right direction imo.

His numbers before last year were not inspiring of any confidence, specially for a goalie who was drafted that high in the W draft. Highest since Carey Price.

While I'm glad he put up a massive season last year, he still has a long way to go to prove that he can be consistently good and potentially have a future with the Leafs. I feel much more confident in Joe Woll over Scott right now just because of a larger sample size of steady play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad