GDT: 2019 Traverse City Prospects Tournament game 1 Leafs vs St. Louis 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Depends. A lot of people have major growth spurts before they are 18 and then yes, they do stop after 18/19 besides maybe half an inch. If you did not have a major growth spurt, a lot of people still can grow until they are into their mid-20's. I was no more than 5'9" or so when I was 18, and I am now close to 5'11".

His prematurity may have stunted his growth, but both of his brothers are over 6'0". I would say even with that, he could grow at least a few inches. If he gets to 5'11" and then just bulks up, that's sufficiently large... Especially since he plays a far more skilled game than Jason anyways.
It is statistically improbable. He may be an exception, but it isn’t something that is likely. Very few men grown another inch past the age of 18.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
A long drive there Friday and back Sunday. I think I've seen enough of northern Michigan for a lifetime-gas up and leave town. Feels very country with lots of lakes. Feels like Muskoka except less people. Saw both games. The Leafs overall were superior team from what I could see. Rink complex was ok. Best skater on ice on any team was 85 Russian on Leafs - the kid can fly but he is small and watching him close he avoids contact in tight so I get now why some are not so high on him. But skill wise holy cow he can turn in a phone booth. He needs to grow some courage. He has all the tools except the fight. Hopefully he figures it out as the skills are top end 1st rounder level.
Next best 2 are 89 and 79.
89 has best shot of anyone in tournament. He is a little weaker defensively in his own end and he struggles a little with speed. But he goes to tough areas and he mixes it up. Lots and lots of fight in him. A little more size would help him a lot. He needs to work on his speed to get to next level.
79 has game. Was on a much weaker line but he has a presence on the ice. Knows how to play hockey. Hockey sense is very good. He knows where to go. and he will go through you. No one could impede him. Still like 89 he is not fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->