Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
"Here you go Helm! A 5 year deal for double what you are worth, and a no trade clause because you are a good human and you work hard!"

CLAUSE DETAILS: Full NTC throughout (2018-19: NTC may be voided between June 15, 2019 & 2019-20 NHL Trade deadline, if player is not in the Top 9 F in TOI, or if team does not qualify for the playoffs | 2019-20: NTC may be voided between June 15, 2020 & final day of the contract, if player is not in the Top 9 F in TOI, or if team does not qualify for the playoffs)

Seems like his NTC disappears after June 15 on this year.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
There is another article today on the value of Jensen posted on the Wings NHL site.

I see these as paid advertising as they get ready to move him.

Free logjam and stock the shelves !

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
People need to relax, hes posturing for the deadline. He literally said he might re sign Smith of all people and he was moved. The haul he could get for Nyquist will probably entice him to make a move. Especially the way Veleno has been playing, they might be seeing the value of those late first types and extra picks

Reactions: Reddwit

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Mentioned Howard, Nyquist, Glendening & Kronwall

Pretty sure I was reading on the latest 31 thoughts by Friedman that Jensen is drawing a bit of under the radar attention as well. Itshould be an interesting deadline day.

If people need a top 6 forward, the wings have a good one in Nyquist available. If they need dmen, it sounds like Jensen, Kronwall and Daley could be options. If a team needs a goalie, Howard might be the best in the market. Good fourth line center? Glendeing and Helm fit that mold as well. The wings can fit almost any teams need, except for the teams shopping for Ferland or Simmonds. Thatll mean more phone calls and things potentially happening

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If people need a top 6 forward, the wings have a good one in Nyquist available.

Best UFAs from non-contenders:

1. RW Mark Stone, Ottawa (caphit 7.25M)
2. C Matt Duchene, Ottawa (caphit 6.0M)
3. C/LW Kevin Hayes, NY Rangers (caphit 5.175M)
4. W Gustav Nyquist, Detroit (caphit 4.75M)
5. LW Marcus Johansson, New Jersey (caphit 4.583M)
6. RW Mats Zuccarello, NY Rangers (caphit 4.5M)
7. LW Carl Hagelin, Los Angeles (caphit 4.0M)
8. RW Wayne Simmonds, Philadelphia (caphit 3.975M)
9. RW Jacob Silfverberg, Anaheim (caphit 3.75M)
10. C Marcus Kruger, Chicago, (caphit 3.083M)
11. W Thomas Vanek, Detroit (caphit 3.0M)
12. W Richard Panik, Arizona (caphit 2.8M)
13. C Brian Boyle, New Jersey, (caphit 2.55M)
14. W Michael Raffl, Philadelphia (caphit 2.35M)
15. W Micheal Ferland, Carolina (caphit 1.5M)

Could be that Stone is just too expensive on a trade. Then some teams are looking for a center, so they go after Duchene and Hayes.

Nyquist, Simmonds and Zuccarello could be the most realistic traded wingers with a fair value.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If they need dmen, it sounds like Jensen, Kronwall and Daley could be options.

Best UFAs from non-contenders:

1. LD Jay Bouwmeester, St. Louis (caphit 5.4M) - NTC <----------------- still on a playoff race
2. LD Alexander Edler, Vancouver (caphit 5.0M) - NTC <------------ has informed that doesn't want to move
3. LD Niklas Kronwall, Detroit (caphit 4.75M) - m-NTC
4. D Michael del Zotto, Vancouver (caphit 3.0M) <-------------------was already moved to Anaheim
5. LD Carl Gunnarsson, St. Louis (caphit 3.0M) <-------------------- still on a playoff race
6. RD Adam McQuaid, NY Rangers (caphit 2.75M)
7. RD Ben Lovejoy, New Jersey (caphit 2.66M)
8. RD Andrej Sustr, Anaheim (caphit 1.3M)
9. LD Bogdan Kiselevich, Florida (caphit 925k)
10. RD Nick Jensen, Detroit (caphit 812k)

Last edited:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
People need to relax, hes posturing for the deadline. He literally said he might re sign Smith of all people and he was moved. The haul he could get for Nyquist will probably entice him to make a move. Especially the way Veleno has been playing, they might be seeing the value of those late first types and extra picks
To be fair, he did try and re sign Smith, and only traded him when Smith said he wasn’t going to make a decision until the summer, where Holland did make him an offer

Reactions: Jon Cusack

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I am hoping that Hronek wasn't sent to GR because something is imminent on the trade front.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-...old-for-duchene-and-stone-in-ottawa-1.1243249

Trade deadline plans for Red Wings and Hurricanes

McKenzie: No question at all, the Rask for Niederreiter trade does not change what the Carolina Hurricanes have been trying to do and that is move one of their defencemen for help up front. Now Dougie Hamilton's name is out there a lot, but the reality is whether it's Brett Pesce or Justin Faulk, any right hand shooting defenceman who's not named Jaccob Slavin is available for the right price if the Carolina Hurricanes can pick up an offensive forward. Also they still have to resolve the situation with Micheal Ferland who's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, some questions whether they can re-sign him or not. There is a belief that owner Thomas Dundon did meet with Ferland on that and we will see where that goes from here."

Dreger: The rental market is expected to be bolstered soon and the Detroit Red Wings are likely going to add to that, when you look at some of the pending unrestricted free agents that Kenny Holland and the Red Wings could potentially wrestle with, there are some interesting commodities there. Jimmy Howard of course, an experienced goaltender, and there is a few teams that use an upgrade in that department, likely to be available. Beyond that you look at Nyquist, you look at [Luke] Glendening and then you look at the big hitting experience of Nik Kronwall on the back end. You could build the case that he could fit in the top four. There's some wonder whether or not he's mobile enough to be a quick paced, tempoed game in the National Hockey League at this stage of his career, but he's got an abundance of character. This is guy is a warrior, he's an excellent teammate, he's a proven winner, he knows how to win. So there will be a market there out of Detroit."

Glad to hear several names in the mix.
And that Carolina is willing to deal a defenseman for a forward. Maybe worth a closer look...

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Unless holland gets blown away by an offer for Kronwall, I don’t think he goes. Hes the end of the previous generation of red wing greatness and I believe he will retire a wing. He basically said this is his last year in the league, and he already has a cup. Don’t see him chasing another, but I guess anything could happen.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Its going to hurt trading Nyquist considering he's the first winger thats shown good chemistry with Larkin... but the potential return for him is simply too good to pass up. Especially on a career season like the one he's having.

His value is at the all time high and most wanted him gone a while ago. KH better pull the trigger. I’m hesitant to think he will be able to pull off another Tatar trade, but we will see.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think it's only a matter of time before Glendening goes back to Babcock's regime.

I think Nyquist gets moved to a bubble team in the west. I could see Vancouver.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Its going to hurt trading Nyquist considering he's the first winger thats shown good chemistry with Larkin... but the potential return for him is simply too good to pass up. Especially on a career season like the one he's having.
I agree about the chemistry. That being said Larkin is definitely the straw that stirs that drink.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
"Here you go Helm! A 5 year deal for double what you are worth, and a no trade clause because you are a good human and you work hard!"

Oh dear! Helm is not even close to paid twice his worth! He is making maybe 500,000 too much, and that is only maybe! Great forechecker and PK'er and puts up 30 ish pts! What he gets paid is about what the league is giving out to players like that. Should he have an NTC, of course not, players outside your top core players should never get these. Also, Helm is far and away not part of our troubles. Abby, DDK and Nielsen are all paid more and are a lot less effective than Helm, and they also have longer contracts.

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I just see Holland's interview on the deadline as slick posturing. I don't think he meant what he said about any of the guys facing free-agency and he can't possibly be serious about competing for a playoff spot next season. I think he's trying to set the stage for getting big returns in February.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I just see Holland's interview on the deadline as slick posturing. I don't think he meant what he said about any of the guys facing free-agency and he can't possibly be serious about competing for a playoff spot next season. I think he's trying to set the stage for getting big returns in February.
I agree, but it's still kinda silly to hear.

"We really like all our players and hesitate to part with any of them."

Sure, Kenny. Every last one of these studs are staying put on a team just outside the basement of the league, and will either be re-signed or lost for nothing.

He'd be fine saying nothing at all, because it's just white noise and a smokescreen. Wake me in mid February.

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I agree, but it's still kinda silly to hear.

"We really like all our players and hesitate to part with any of them."

Sure, Kenny. Every last one of these studs are staying put on a team just outside the basement of the league, and will either be re-signed or lost for nothing.

He'd be fine saying nothing at all, because it's just white noise and a smokescreen. Wake me in mid February.

It's silly to hear, but I look at it like this: if he were really serious about making a playoff run next season, it would require that he traded every single free-agent with an expiring contract that he has. Financially, even if he ended up with a top two pick, he wouldn't be able to afford to sign enough star power to do it. Otherwise, he's going to have pretty similar team to the one he has now in 29th place.

The other things is, if he's really on his way out, then I'm pretty sure they have him on a short leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad