Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Latest from TSN:

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-what-is-the-cost-of-bread-1.1254258

And Tyson Barrie's name has popped up suddenly:

"Colorado Avalanche defenceman Tyson Barrie is back in the rumour mill, according to Mike Chambers of The Denver Post. He wrote Thursday that he believed "there's a very good chance Barrie is traded by the Feb. 25 deadline or this summer."

"Chambers' comments came in response to mailbag question pointing the likely additions of Cale Makar and Connor Timmins to the team's blueline possibly as soon as later this season as a reason to trade Barrie. With Barrie carrying a $5.5 million cap hit and being seven years older than both Makar and Timmins, Chambers believes he's the odd man out among the three right-handed shots and that a Barrie trade "is inevitable."

"The 27-year-old is the team's fourth leading-scorer this season with six goals and 40 points through 49 games and leads Avalanche defencemen with an average of 21:55 of ice time per contest. He is scheduled to become a free agent after next season and does not have a no-trade clause in his contract."

Interesting, but I wonder what the asking price would be...

Reactions: Larkin1578

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Have a lot of interest in Barrie. Wonder what the price is. Colorado is in a tricky spot as there right there for a playoff spot. So part of me thinks they could use a nyquist, but then again if there moving Barrie nyquist doesn’t make a tun of sense.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Have a lot of interest in Barrie. Wonder what the price is. Colorado is in a tricky spot as there right there for a playoff spot. So part of me thinks they could use a nyquist, but then again if there moving Barrie nyquist doesn’t make a tun of sense.

I wonder if we could somehow throw Howard in the mix. I know their current duo is pretty good, but maybe they’d want an upgrade in net?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I wonder if we could somehow throw Howard in the mix. I know their current duo is pretty good, but maybe they’d want an upgrade in net?

Ya who knows I would almost do like a Nyquist+Howard+ 2nd for Barrie. Ya we probably get more value in selling nyquist and Howard by themselves but If that is appealing to Colorado (not sure it is) then I do it because Barrie would be a big piece

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
He is SOLID defensive forward , there is no guarantee that 2nd rounder makes NHL. Lets not become another Oilers or Avalanche
Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I feel he can easily be replaced by someone down in the minors and someone who is cheaper like a guy like Dom Turgeon

I will take my chance with the 2nd round pick but that just might be me ha

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Wait, you are against trading Glenny for a 2nd? lol

It may sound crazy, but Glendening is still quite young enough for us to use him a few years down. He's a pretty darn solid 4th line center, great at faceoffs and excellent defense. A 2nd rounder from the Leafs will likely be a late 2nd rounder, if we're getting rid of Glendening, I want a decent roster player in return.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
having a player as terrible as Glendening playing on the 3rd line has some value to the tank for sure,i've really come around to the idea of keeping him now that I actively want the team to lose games

think i'd still move him for a 2nd though

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He is SOLID defensive forward , there is no guarantee that 2nd rounder makes NHL. Lets not become another Oilers or Avalanche

Glendening doesnt move the needle at all on a rebuild. Hes at best a 30 point guy in a career year.

A 2nd round pick gives you a chance to pick another Bertuzzi, Hronek, Lindstrom, or McIsaac. Bertuzzi and Hronek are both already better than Glendening, Lindstrom and McIsaac are good prospects with a solid chance as well. You take the chance at getting another top 6 player in the middle of a rebuild by trading guys like Glendening. Ehn and De La Rose can fill Glendenings role

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Glendening doesnt move the needle at all on a rebuild. Hes at best a 30 point guy in a career year.

A 2nd round pick gives you a chance to pick another Bertuzzi, Hronek, Lindstrom, or McIsaac. Bertuzzi and Hronek are both already better than Glendening, Lindstrom and McIsaac are good prospects with a solid chance as well. You take the chance at getting another top 6 player in the middle of a rebuild by trading guys like Glendening. Ehn and De La Rose can fill Glendenings role
Bertuzzi and Hronek can't be better than Gleny ,they have different responsibilities.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You can find another Glendening fairly easily in the bargain bin of free agency. I'll take the second rounder, and then hopefully package it to wind up with an even more valuable asset, either pick or player.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Unfortunately, Sakic is on record saying that even if he adds before the deadline, he's not trading either of their first round picks.

I think this summer is the timeframe for a Barrie trade, and I hope Detroit gets involved. I wonder what it would take to balance Mantha for Barrie...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Bertuzzi and Hronek can't be better than Gleny ,they have different responsibilities.

true,few players in the league are quite as good at Glendening is at being consistently one of the absolute worst possession players in the entire league which is especially impressive considering his solid faceoff numbers

that 16 minutes a night of letting the other team have the puck is definitely a relatively important part of what makes the Wings as bad a team as they are

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
true,few players in the league are quite as good at Glendening is at being consistently one of the absolute worst possession players in the entire league which is especially impressive considering his solid faceoff numbers

that 16 minutes a night of letting the other team have the puck is definitely a relatively important part of what makes the Wings as bad a team as they are

Kinda crazy how he is +9 and only 1 behind the Wings leaders.

Reactions: Lil Bert

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Kinda crazy how he is +9 and only 1 behind the Wings leaders.

you mean kinda crazy how he has a 105.49 PDO?

yeah i'm sure the teams Goalies will keep saving more than 93% of their shots against while he's on the ice and he'll continue to have the best on ice shooting percent on the team as well,that seems pretty sustainable

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
you mean kinda crazy how he has a 105.49 PDO?

yeah i'm sure the teams Goalies will keep saving more than 93% of their shots against while he's on the ice and he'll continue to have the best on ice shooting percent on the team as well,that seems pretty sustainable
shorthanded goals helping him a little bit

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Luke is good at what he does.

But that doesn't mean it's an overly rare skill set, or one that's hard to replace.

If Detroit can get a 2nd or better, move him, and sort 4th line duties out later.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

But that doesn't mean it's an overly rare skill set, or one that's hard to replace.

If Detroit can get a 2nd or better, move him, and sort 4th line duties out later.
Zach Gallant is similar to Luke , but he seems like always injured

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

We'll still have Abby and Helm so as the team hopefully improves you have most of the 4th line right there.

(sort of joking? kind of not?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad