Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014

The veteran return this season has been beaten to death (nothing toward you Christien) and I've reached the point where I'm just going to wait and see what happens. However one thing I really want to touch on which is something I feel has been hiding for a bit and feel is just as important if not more, is the return of Jeff Blashill & Co.

Please guys, honestly tell me if I'm not being fair or my opinions aren't properly founded (I can handle that as I'm not perfect), but I feel with my heart, mind body and soul that extending Blashill and company is not in the best interest of the winged Wheel and the players themselves. First, I just feel like it's not a good message to reward consecutive playoff no shows with an extension. Maybe Jeff is a good guy off the ice and office and I will give him credit for Larkin and Bertuzzi as far as their development goes. So I am fully willing to give him credit there.

However what worries me the MOST is that in my time of watching the Wings that past years under his reign I have witnessed a team that doesn't really play under any unity or cohesion. Apart from a few games every now and then, this team looks like one with too many different minds on the ice. I don't know how to put it into words exactly. Maybe Jeff is in a perfect storm to be set up for failiure with our roster and with a better overall roster he would look better. When i listen to his interviews every now and then, i feel like he knows what he wants to do and what the problems are, but maybe he's not a good teacher in conveying the solutions? But I believe we have seen the ceiling with our team and with that, if you bring in the same roster and same staff, HOW COULD YOU EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS? How could you expect a push from the playoffs? How could you expect compete and match up against the best? I'm a very patient guy and don't expect this rebuild to end next year. In my opinion we won't be doing anything significant until after the expansion draft/post lockout years. But with he and his staff coming back next year I feel like the team is accepting a low bar of success and are neutering themselves of any possibility at evolving as a team.

If he comes back, he comes back. I'll root for the team either way and heck, I WANT Jeff to prove me wrong because that means we're winning, but I just don't see it with him. Having said all that, I don't know who to replace him with. Maybe that's why they'll bring him back as there not being alot of better options available to them in management's eyes?

Reactions: Christien

MetalHeadRedwingfan

Feb 6, 2019
The veteran return this season has been beaten to death (nothing toward you Christien) and I've reached the point where I'm just going to wait and see what happens. However one thing I really want to touch on which is something I feel has been hiding for a bit and feel is just as important if not more, is the return of Jeff Blashill & Co.

Please guys, honestly tell me if I'm not being fair or my opinions aren't properly founded (I can handle that as I'm not perfect), but I feel with my heart, mind body and soul that extending Blashill and company is not in the best interest of the winged Wheel and the players themselves. First, I just feel like it's not a good message to reward consecutive playoff no shows with an extension. Maybe Jeff is a good guy off the ice and office and I will give him credit for Larkin and Bertuzzi as far as their development goes. So I am fully willing to give him credit there.

However what worries me the MOST is that in my time of watching the Wings that past years under his reign I have witnessed a team that doesn't really play under any unity or cohesion. Apart from a few games every now and then, this team looks like one with too many different minds on the ice. I don't know how to put it into words exactly. Maybe Jeff is in a perfect storm to be set up for failiure with our roster and with a better overall roster he would look better. When i listen to his interviews every now and then, i feel like he knows what he wants to do and what the problems are, but maybe he's not a good teacher in conveying the solutions? But I believe we have seen the ceiling with our team and with that, if you bring in the same roster and same staff, HOW COULD YOU EXPECT DIFFERENT RESULTS? How could you expect a push from the playoffs? How could you expect compete and match up against the best? I'm a very patient guy and don't expect this rebuild to end next year. In my opinion we won't be doing anything significant until after the expansion draft/post lockout years. But with he and his staff coming back next year I feel like the team is accepting a low bar of success and are neutering themselves of any possibility at evolving as a team.

If he comes back, he comes back. I'll root for the team either way and heck, I WANT Jeff to prove me wrong because that means we're winning, but I just don't see it with him. Having said all that, I don't know who to replace him with. Maybe that's why they'll bring him back as there not being alot of better options available to them in management's eyes?

Two words. Joel Quenville

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Brian Boyle got you a 2nd Round Pick?! What! lol

Luke Glendening, come on down! You're the next contestant on, "Return More Than You're Worth!"

With their 2019 1st rounder going to LA for Muzzin, maybe we can swindle Babcock for a 2nd this year AND next year for his buddy LGD.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If Boyle gets a second, Nyquist is worth like 2 1st rd picks
That would be great, but I don't think this will be too indicative of what he can get...still too many good forwards available at the TDL

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Boyle for a 2nd round pick is hilarious.... NSH defiantly not done and clearly there draft picks are not an issue for them to give up to get what they want.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Boyle for a 2nd round pick is hilarious.... NSH defiantly not done and clearly there draft picks are not an issue for them to give up to get what they want.
Nashville also acquired McLeod from the Rangers for a 7th rounder. Hopefully they're not done on the forward front...even if Stone and/or Duchene are dealt, Gus makes a very good consolation prize, and I'm seeing his name regularly included in wish lists on the rumors board.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Nashville also acquired McLeod from the Rangers for a 7th rounder. Hopefully they're not done on the forward front...even if Stone and/or Duchene are dealt, Gus makes a very good consolation prize, and I'm seeing his name regularly included in wish lists on the rumors board.
They also have a few nice prospects.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I was surprised to learn that Kronner is just ~79 games from playing 1,000 for the DRW (there have only been 5 players to do this). If he plays in all the remaining games this year, he will need just 50 more next year. Right or wrong, maybe this milestone will be a reason to sign him for 1 more year. Play him limited minutes & play with 7 D?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I was surprised to learn that Kronner is just ~79 games from playing 1,000 for the DRW (there have only been 5 players to do this). If he plays in all the remaining games this year, he will need just 50 more next year. Right or wrong, maybe this milestone will be a reason to sign him for 1 more year. Play him limited minutes & play with 7 D?

no

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad