Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
David Pastrnak messed up his thumb at a club off ice activity. Had surgery on it and, according to the Bruins, will "miss some time"-at least two weeks. Trade for Simmonds? If a deal like that went down, what would the Flyers want in return?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Boston doesn’t really have a whole lot realistically that would interest me. Their prospect pool is more based on depth than it is high end talent or at least potential.

If they’re looking for prospects close to the NHL perhaps Frederic or Forsbacka-Karlsson? They don’t really do much for me. We have similar prospects to them.

Reactions: Stizzle

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
David Pastrnak messed up his thumb at a club off ice activity. Had surgery on it and, according to the Bruins, will "miss some time"-at least two weeks. Trade for Simmonds? If a deal like that went down, what would the Flyers want in return?

Same thing I always want in a Simmonds deal: a first round pick. 2019 or 2020. Heck, I'd go even later than that, though I know that Fletch won't.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I would like to see Simmonds and Hagg traded to Vegas for all their top prospects please.

They might take both of them. Would you take Hague and a second? GMGM has said he doesn't want to trade the first this year.

I think I would do this from both teams' standpoint. Glass and Brannstrom are off-limits.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You would trade a 24 year old that is an NHL regular for a pick with little chance of becoming an NHL regular any time in the next 3-4 years (if at all)? Why?
I’d rather let a kid play in that slot. We have to start thinking where guys like Allison, Farabee, Ratcliffe are going to play. We need slots for them. I’m tired of Laughton not finishing chances

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I’d rather let a kid play in that slot. We have to start thinking where guys like Allison, Farabee, Ratcliffe are going to play. We need slots for them. I’m tired of Laughton not finishing chances
Laughton is a great checking forward tho, and is valued on the PK. He could find another gear he would be awesome. But hey look how look it took Couturier to start scoring. Laughton could still be a valuable peice going forward.

Guys you look to move are :

Simmonds
Raffl

Next year Frost, Farabee, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Allison, Ratcliffe are all going to be pushing for a spot.

And if we bring a FA and get another guy via trade. We should be able to upgrade our bottom half.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Laughton brings a lot of versatility to the lineup and serves as a good litmus test for the kids. "Is this guy better than Scott Laughton?," will be a good question to pose as Fletcher decides when to promote someone. If that line is set at Varone, the team has issues IMO.

I'm all for aggressively promoting prospects but even I think that starting the year with more than 2 of Frost, Farabee, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, plus Myers and Morin, is probably asking for trouble. I don't see Allison or Ratcliffe starting the year in the NHL, and I think it's legitimately questionable if either one is ever better than Laughton.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Laughton is a great checking forward tho, and is valued on the PK. He could find another gear he would be awesome. But hey look how look it took Couturier to start scoring. Laughton could still be a valuable peice going forward.

Guys you look to move are :

Simmonds
Raffl

Next year Frost, Farabee, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Allison, Ratcliffe are all going to be pushing for a spot.

And if we bring a FA and get another guy via trade. We should be able to upgrade our bottom half.

Laughton brings a lot of versatility to the lineup and serves as a good litmus test for the kids. "Is this guy better than Scott Laughton?," will be a good question to pose as Fletcher decides when to promote someone. If that line is set at Varone, the team has issues IMO.

I'm all for aggressively promoting prospects but even I think that starting the year with more than 2 of Frost, Farabee, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, plus Myers and Morin, is probably asking for trouble. I don't see Allison or Ratcliffe starting the year in the NHL, and I think it's legitimately questionable if either one is ever better than Laughton.

I don’t really disagree. I’m just ok if he’s not there next year. He adds value. If he’s a 4th liner for 2 more years that’s ok. I could see is signing a UFA and Frost making it. Outside of that who knows. Misha had a great camp and they pulled him as soon as they could. With that strategy you aren’t going to have more than those two. But if Farabee and ruby impress they could at least start with the flyers. So there would be a spot for Laughton.

Reactions: baudib1

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
The past two season’s TDL were anti-climatic. A great of build up but not much happened on TDL day. Most moves were made well before the TDL, ay least that’s how it seems to me.
This season seems like nothing much is going on so hopefully TDL day will have a lot of deals going down.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Flip JVR and Oskar and thats beautiful.

I want to see JVR-Frost-Konecny as a sheltered secondary scoring line. Could be naaaasty.

Would need to be HEAVILY sheltered. If those guys got hemmed in their own end, it could get just as nasty, pretty quick.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Inspired from a FGSB tweet, what about:

Ghost

For

Huberdeau

Ghost returns home and we get a skilled winger.

Just on value. Not debating if you would want to trade ghost or not.

EDIT: what about if the Flyers can actually sign Karlsson in the offseason. The deal happens at the draft. Just curious

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Ghost

For

Huberdeau

Faster than I can blink an eye.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Would people just take a 2nd for Simmonds now?

Hextall really screwed up this situation. Simmonds should have been dealt last trade deadline or at the draft at the latest.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Would people just take a 2nd for Simmonds now?

Hextall really screwed up this situation. Simmonds should have been dealt last trade deadline or at the draft at the latest.
He will get more than a second rounder. Don’t believe the reports. Boyle got a second rounder. It’s gonna be a late 1st but he will return that ++

Reactions: Tripod

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010

Ghost

For

Huberdeau

That would be a steal. Huberdeau is on a good contract and it would help the expansion draft situation. Protect Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln