Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
His 5v4 +/- might be even over that time

I pulled up his stats relative to other dmen who played at least 300 mins of PP time over 3 years (something along those lines)

He ranks dead last or close to it in all scoring categories.

He’s just not that good at the pp qb. I think he can get better, but I don’t see why he HAS to be in that role when you have Ghost and Sanheim on the same team.

Reactions: Magua

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’d do it as it addresses a need and we have the room to add EK plus stone and still get Huberdeau. I really like ghost but both players are very good. I’d only do it if we are getting EK.

I'd still rather center a trade for Huberdeau around Patrick. Ghost is still a top 10 contract in the league IMO.

That’s a terrible idea. If Patrick were to play like he has the last handful of games you are looking at a ppg dominant 2 way centerman. It’s nice to have two of those. Patrick will likely outscore huberdeau.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm becoming more sold on Patrick as a No. 2 center but c'mon...are we really back on "Patrick could be a ppg scorer"? That's just not realistic.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Inspired from a FGSB tweet, what about:

Ghost

For

Huberdeau

Ghost returns home and we get a skilled winger.

Just on value. Not debating if you would want to trade ghost or not.

EDIT: what about if the Flyers can actually sign Karlsson in the offseason. The deal happens at the draft. Just curious

If we can sign Karlsson which is very doubtful, sure that's the type of deal I would certainly look at. Karlsson would take over on PP1. Short of signing Karlsson, I am not trading Ghost.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If Ghost gets traded and it’s not an overpayment, f*** that, and if AMac isn’t sent down or just shot out of a cannon, and they trade Ghost, f*** Fletcher, people bitch about Ghost but forget how spoiled we’ve been with a talent like him running the PP, he’ll be a Flyer killer the second they trade him, stupid to trade him at all

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Let's just trade Simmonds and blast MacDonald into the sun and call it a day.

Really should be that simple the rest of the way.

Trade Simmer.

Dress Myers over MacDonald or Hagg the rest of the season.

Buyout MacDonald the day after the season ends.

Open up the checkbook for free agents.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Really should be that simple the rest of the way.

Trade Simmer.

Callup Myers to finish the season.

Buyout MacDonald the day after the season ends.

Open up the checkbook for free agents.

We're so close to what we've all been asking for for the past year.

It's so simple.

And yet they're so close to f***ing it all up potentially.

Reactions: Rebels57

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I don't see why'd they buy out Andy with 1 year left. Retain 50% or bury him. No need to prolong his dead cap for another year

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah but you're clearly a little insane about your hatred of Gostisbehere right now.
I don’t “hate” him. It’s not long ago he was my favorite Flyer. I just can’t comprehend how people don’t see how bad he’s been this season. The excuses that get made for him confound me. He’s not anywhere close to the Ghost of old offensively, & he’s as bad defensively as he’s ever been.

There’s a large overlap in that those who continue to ardently defend Ghost’s play this season also contend that Hagg should be a healthy scratch.

5 on 5:

Hagg: 868:07 TOI, 3 G, 10 A (7 1st assists), 13 pts, 36.11 IPP, 2 rush attempts, 11 rebounds created.

Ghost: 834:55 TOI, 2 G, 9 A (2 1st assists), 11 pts, 35.48 IPP, 2 rush attempts, 10 rebounds created.

I’m not saying Hagg is the better player, but this should help illustrate how bad Ghost has been this season & demonstrate some of the severe cognitive dissonance going on with many people in regards to Ghost’s 5 on 5 play vs. someone they consider unworthy of the NHL.

Reactions: renberg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't see why'd they buy out Andy with 1 year left. Retain 50% or bury him. No need to prolong his dead cap for another year

Because they can afford to and if they don't, he's 150% going to play next season.

No one is going to trade for him even with retention. He's completely useless. He'll probably never play another NHL game after he's done here.

Just to reiterate, we have only 2 realistic options with MacDonald for next season; either he is bought out or he is playing for the Flyers over Morin and/or Myers.

Reactions: Ruck Over

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
i really want to see Sanheim on PP1. he's our best D for generating offense right now. i just want to see him at least get a shot. he might be our most skilled D right now. offensively that is.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Because they can afford to and if they don't, he's 150% going to play next season.

No one is going to trade for him even with retention. He's completely useless. He'll probably never play another NHL game after he's done here.

The only way he logs meaningful minutes next season is if Phil and Morin don't have a great showing. Realistically, he's either going to be the 7th D or in the AHL if not bought out. I have no issues with either scenario as it's his last year.

I'd bet he gets another shot somewhere but his shelf life for the NHL is coming to an end

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I'm becoming more sold on Patrick as a No. 2 center but c'mon...are we really back on "Patrick could be a ppg scorer"? That's just not realistic.

(not trying to be a dick with this question?) Why is it not realistic? Do you mean a ppg scorer next season?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only way he logs meaningful minutes next season is if Phil and Morin don't have a great showing. Realistically, he's either going to be the 7th D or in the AHL if not bought out. I have no issues with either scenario as it's his last year.

I'd bet he gets another shot somewhere but his shelf life for the NHL is coming to an end

That's not going to happen. If he's a member of the organization, he's going to be on the Flyers and 5 years of it has been enough. We can easily afford his buyout penalty in 20-21, even if we are active in free agency this summer. Just get it over with.

Reactions: Ruck Over

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
(not trying to be a dick with this question?) Why is it not realistic? Do you mean a ppg scorer next season?

I mean top draft picks never emerge in their 3rd season, they do it their 2nd season or never!
Patrick would be scoring at a much higher pace if he had better forwards.
Give him Lindblom and TK, and a role on PP1 and he could approach ppg scoring.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t “hate” him. It’s not long ago he was my favorite Flyer. I just can’t comprehend how people don’t see how bad he’s been this season. The excuses that get made for him confound me. He’s not anywhere close to the Ghost of old offensively, & he’s as bad defensively as he’s ever been.

There’s a large overlap in that those who continue to ardently defend Ghost’s play this season also contend that Hagg should be a healthy scratch.

5 on 5:

Hagg: 868:07 TOI, 3 G, 10 A (7 1st assists), 13 pts, 36.11 IPP, 2 rush attempts, 11 rebounds created.

Ghost: 834:55 TOI, 2 G, 9 A (2 1st assists), 11 pts, 35.48 IPP, 2 rush attempts, 10 rebounds created.

I’m not saying Hagg is the better player, but this should help illustrate how bad Ghost has been this season & demonstrate some of the severe cognitive dissonance going on with many people in regards to Ghost’s 5 on 5 play vs. someone they consider unworthy of the NHL.

You're forgetting that Ghost distances himself from Hagg by playing superior defense. You are convined that Ghost is the worst on the team, but Hagg bleeds shots and scoring chances at a much higher level. And Hagg doesn't even have to drag MacDonald around.

You say you don't hate him, but your opinion of him also isn't reasonable. Like last night, you claimed that Ghost's contract is bad because of his play this year. Judging an entire contract based on a single season is unreasonable. It illustrates your bias.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I mean top draft picks never emerge in their 3rd season, they do it their 2nd season or never!
Patrick would be scoring at a much higher pace if he had better forwards.
Give him Lindblom and TK, and a role on PP1 and he could approach ppg scoring.

Patrick had Voracek and actually dragged him down.

You also argued that good players should elevate their linemates when TK was in question, weird how you've suddenly changed your mind on that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's as if people forget how hard it is to be a PPG player.

The last 10 years, the Flyers have had 2....ond one of them half this board hates half the time.

How about we let Patrick, who is on a 30 point pace, become a 50-60 point C first before throwing all this PPG talk at him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
=

And no one was going to sign Manning.

Look around NHL rosters, doubt there's 150 defensemen better than MacDonald, there's a lot of stiffs on 3rd pairs around the league.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's as if people forget how hard it is to be a PPG player.

The last 10 years, the Flyers have had 2....ond one of them half this board hates half the time.

How about we let Patrick, who is on a 30 point pace, become a 50-60 point C first before throwing all this PPG talk at him.

I will be thrilled if Patrick settles at a 25-30 goal, 30-35 assist two-way center.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You're forgetting that Ghost distances himself from Hagg by playing superior defense. You are convined that Ghost is the worst on the team, but Hagg bleeds shots and scoring chances at a much higher level. And Hagg doesn't even have to drag MacDonald around.

You say you don't hate him, but your opinion of him also isn't reasonable. Like last night, you claimed that Ghost's contract is bad because of his play this year. Judging an entire contract based on a single season is unreasonable. It illustrates your bias.
1. Ghost doesn’t play superior defense to Hagg. It’s no coincidence that Hagg is +7 & Ghost is a team-worst -17. The team has given up fewer goals, & scored more, with Hagg on the ice this season 5 on 5, despite Hagg getting much tougher zone starts.

2. Not what I claimed. Through either poor reading comprehension or intentional deceit you are misrepresenting what I said & the point I was making by removing the nuance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->