Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I am getting nervous that Homer might throw some influence and re-sign Simmonds.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With pryor gone i have little confidence on the flyers after the first rd. Plus given current depth we're not exactly desperate for middling talent. If you can add a pick to a deal and improve the return I'd be open to it.

Simmonds return will be best followed by Raffl and if we can shed folin

Reactions: Tripod and hatcher

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
All I am hoping for is that the Flyers sign exactly the UFA right player or players – with a rough definition of "right" as one who produces significantly more goals than the player previously holding that position in the roster and/or who is associated with fewer goals scored on the Flyers during his time on the ice – at a salary amount commensurate to a secure team cap situation for now and the future, while making appropriate player exchanges that increase their future winning opportunities, in which the value of the players becoming Flyers significantly exceeds those who are going from the Flyers to other teams.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
With pryor gone i have little confidence on the flyers after the first rd. Plus given current depth we're not exactly desperate for middling talent. If you can add a pick to a deal and improve the return I'd be open to it.

I was a huge pryor fan, but outside of Sanheim, TK, Frost, and Hart we have missed or reached on most CHL players. Are Euro scouts have been are key to solid drafting late in rounds.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
All I am hoping for is that the Flyers sign exactly the UFA right player or players – with a rough definition of "right" as one who produces significantly more goals than the player previously holding that position in the roster and/or who is associated with fewer goals scored on the Flyers during his time on the ice – at a salary amount commensurate to a secure team cap situation for now and the future, while making appropriate player exchanges that increase their future winning opportunities, in which the value of the players becoming Flyers significantly exceeds those who are going from the Flyers to other teams.

18-anchorman-quotes.gif

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

Different scouting staff in Philadelphia when compared to what was in Minnesota. I really doubt Nature Boy and Fletcher will disagree with the scouting staff here. If anything, I expect they'll rely on them quite heavily.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I was a huge pryor fan, but outside of Sanheim, TK, Frost, and Hart we have missed or reached on most CHL players. Are Euro scouts have been are key to solid drafting late in rounds.
I think you can say that about most teams picks outside the top 10. We had some hits like Myers, NAK, and Zamula. Maybe Bunny can be a player too. Laberge looked like a good pick before he got hurt.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Different scouting staff in Philadelphia when compared to what was in Minnesota. I really doubt Nature Boy and Fletcher will disagree with the scouting staff here. If anything, I expect they'll rely on them quite heavily.

I don't know that the staff is all that different from holmgren to hexy the task is telling them what you are looking for. Just an observation but fletch wasn't very good with the draft in Minnesota and he's brought his buddy along with him. I'm not going to knock him before i see him actually make selections but my magic 8 ball says outlook not good rather than ask again later.

The chl is heavily scouted. I think there's less risk in taking a north American kid late as you know how his game will translate. Theres also good reason why they fall. Trusting your scouts to find players late os the mark of a good gm and quantity of picks helps as well.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

NAK, Twayrnski, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe, Strome, Sushko and Wylie are misses?

Damn. Fletcher should probably trade them before the league realizes they all busted.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
FLetcher's drafts in Minnesota were solid, I don't know where this idea he's a bad drafter comes from, traded away too many picks his last few years, but that may have been in response to an owner mandate to win now.
Obviously, he didn't draft as well as Hextall, but who did?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
FLetcher's drafts in Minnesota were solid, I don't know where this idea he's a bad drafter comes from, traded away too many picks his last few years, but that may have been in response to an owner mandate to win now.
Obviously, he didn't draft as well as Hextall, but who did?

His drafts were pretty bad

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I think something that needs to be taken into consideration is the staff of the scouting departments for both clubs if ur grading fletchers past drafts.
A bigger market club like the flyers probably has a larger staff with a bigger payroll of scouts than a team like the wild.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
HS or USHL late round picks...
Cates, Laczynski, Kalynuk, St. Ivany.

tenor.gif
Idk if you are quoting them as examples of success or being sarcastic, but none of these guys have played an NHL game so none are success stories at this point. Could be at some point, but until then I would not use them as examples of good drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad