Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
So Canucks acquired Mazanec because we didnt place McKenna on waivers??? Seriously, Chuck? What did you for wait with that??

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
So Canucks acquired Mazanec because we didnt place McKenna on waivers??? Seriously, Chuck? What did you for wait with that??
I believe it was probably more out of respect for the player. He has been waived constantly the last two/three weeks and I believe he is on a conditioning stint with the phantoms. He is getting paid NHL salary. So I believe Fletcher didn’t want to expose him yet again and see someone claim him in another city.

Reactions: flyersfan187

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I believe it was probably more out of respect for the player. He has been waived constantly the last two/three weeks and I believe he is on a conditioning stint with the phantoms. He is getting paid NHL salary. So I believe Fletcher didn’t want to expose him yet again and see someone claim him in another city.
And it's bad reason for Flyers. We are not in position when we can be friends with players... With NO ONE. We just need to make moves who can help our organization.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m ready to move on from Raffl after this season.

Giroux
Couturier
Voracek
Konecny
Van Riemsdyk
Lindblom
Patrick

That’s the forwards I would bring back next year. Fill in the gaps elsewhere where they see to fit. Find another higher end player this summer whether it be through free agency or trade.
I like this sentiment, but would include Laughton as well. There's always some wonky causation=/=correlation (bs alert) about a teams own draft picks, especially 1st rounders, playing either on the team, or the bottom 6. Laughton adds to that count, as marginally wonky as it may seem.

In truth though, like in college football, there is some rationale to the blue chip ratio (number of 4 and 5 star recruits vs players on team).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What would Laughton get in a trade? I do think he is a solid wing on the 4th line.
Laughton is another guy I would hang on to. You hit the nail on the head in terms of what he does. Getting a second rounder for him doesn't really do anything. In three years hopefully that second rounder is ready to play on the fourth line. Laughton is already there. Moving him as part of a package for an upgrade? That makes sense. Moving him for middling picks or prospects is silly.

Reactions: Insurrection

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
And it's bad reason for Flyers. We are not in position when we can be friends with players... With NO ONE. We just need to make moves who can help our organization.
Well he really isn’t in the long term plans and we should wait until the other goalies absolutely prove they are healthy before making any roster decisions. Also it’s not like this team is up against the cap so they have all the time in the world to carry an extra player for now.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Well he really isn’t in the long term plans and we should wait until the other goalies absolutely prove they are healthy before making any roster decisions. Also it’s not like this team is up against the cap so they have all the time in the world to carry an extra player for now.
Really? We have 23 man roster again. And we will need space for Morin, Elliott maybe...

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I've heard people say Duschene is like a bad egg or something and causes problems? Is that accurate or am I imagining things?
I was going to post about Duchene not being a good locker room presence,this came from an NHL player himself , he never elabrorated about what. Dougie Ham is supposed to be one weird dude off ice as well . We don't need any locker room distractions thanks .

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Really? We have 23 man roster again. And we will need space for Morin, Elliott maybe...
Yea again that’s why I said when the time comes. We don’t need that spot exactly right now at this moment. So it’s not hurting our hockey team. Once they are ready to compete then a decision should be made.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
No one said anything about Duchene being a bad lockerroom presence. He wanted to be traded and MacKinnon said it was good to have players who wanted to be there after he was gone.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd prefer to keep Laughton. He does what you want him to do which is really be a 4th line reliable guy/fill in on 3rd if need be. If you can keep him cheap. why not do it?

Now if he wants 2 mill or above, then he can leave gladly.

If he gets around 30 points (and he's on pace for 29) he'll come in closer to $3m than $2m. And I think that's fine. He's only 24 so there's a good chance this won't be his career year,

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

They would need to waive McKenna to put Elliott on the roster, yeah.

Morin surely won't come off IR till after the deadline now. He'll probably start his LTI conditioning stint next week after Elliott's is done.

dag54

Aug 3, 2005
They would need to waive McKenna to put Elliott on the roster, yeah.

Morin surely won't come off IR till after the deadline now. He'll probably start his LTI conditioning stint next week after Elliott's is done.
If Morin doesn't start his assignment this week I'm going to be p*****!

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I have a feeling that Simmonds is being traded as I type this....
I was thinking about that last night while watching the game. It reminds me of the just concluded basketball TDL, and how the Sixers new acquisitions are still out here without their stuff from LA, going to random stores to buy socks and toothbrushes (who travels without a toothbrush?).

So, because Wayne is respected, it would not surprise me if he's traded on Friday afternoon/evening. That gives him the Flyers' three day break, a chance to pack some stuff, look into relocating with/without his wife, and get ready for a move.

It's about the last good will thing the Flyers could do for him. It's well ahead of the deadline, the acquiring team should be fine with it (maybe he misses a game during those three days, but he's still there two weeks prior to the TDL), just Wayne and other associated players would need to remain healthy.

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
Cynical me guesses that as a “fan favorite”, and more importantly to have said fans show up happy and spending money Simmonds won’t be moved until after the Stadium Series game. The spin will be Simmonds is owed the chance to play in that game and have it be his final Flyers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA