Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Would people just take a 2nd for Simmonds now?

Hextall really screwed up this situation. Simmonds should have been dealt last trade deadline or at the draft at the latest.

A late second rounder isn't enough.
Rather hold out till the last minute even if he goes for a 4th rounder than selling low on him now. Someone will miss on their primary target and get really really desperate towards the end.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Huberdeau is probably worth more in a vacuum, but that's not really the point. Properly leveraged, the Flyers could get more as constructed out of Gostisbehere.

He's got an excellent contract too, btw. You're buying largely prime at submarket rate.

Reactions: baudib1

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'd still rather center a trade for Huberdeau around Patrick. Ghost is still a top 10 contract in the league IMO.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Would not like this trade. Getting older, more expensive, and arguably less potential.

Huber is really likely to provide more value over the life of his contract than Patrick. It would be basically taking Patrick and turning him into an optimistic prime version of him.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Huber is really likely to provide more value over the life of his contract than Patrick. It would be basically taking Patrick and turning him into an optimistic prime version of him.
I'm just gonna disagree with the comparison and I don't think the difference between the two next season will warrant a $5 million price tag., especially given the premium placed on centers.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Unless its in a package where I am getting a top paring d-man back; I am not trading Gostisbehere. The blue line is too young to begin with; trading away one of the seasoned d-men for a forward makes no sense.

Reactions: raydavies29

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Unless its in a package where I am getting a top paring d-man back; I am not trading Gostisbehere. The blue line is too young to begin with; trading away one of the seasoned d-men for a forward makes no sense.

I am not part of the trade Ghost crowd but if he were traded it would probably be for a high end winger.
I don’t have a good feeling about Fletcher on Ghost. Maybe I am influenced by what I read in here.
I could see him trying make a big move using Ghost as the big piece on the Flyers end.

Ghost for Keller/Ehlers type winger. Add pieces as needed.
Along the lines of Ozolinch-Nolan, Gologoski-Neal.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
In a world where we get a $10M UFA I think Lindblom is a great third-line winger. I don't personally object to JVR-Frost-TK though.

I am late to this, but if the Flyers landed Stone, I would go with Frost and Stone together. Something like

28-14-11
25-19-93
23-Frost-Stone (I do wonder if foot foot speed with this line would be an issue however).

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't think you can or should sign someone like Stone, who might be the Selke winner and is probably a top 5 winger in the league, and put him on the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad