2019 Trade Deadline Feb 25

Would you move the 2019 1st round pick for scoring help?

• Yes

• No

• Only for a player with term left

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The On Ice Shooting percentage for Neal is down to 5.96%; The past seven years, the average is well above 8.00%. His personal 5v5 shooting percentage is 4.26; a far cry from the 10+ he normally has.

Worse yet is his PP SH%; which over the past 5 years... is almost half of the lowest it has ever been (4.35 VS 8.00).

Things will bounce back from Neal. He's creating and looks dangerous. Before he was injured that third line finally looked like it had some life.

IT goes back to my point about getting a guy like Matt Duchene this deadline. A second line of Tkachuk - Duchene and Neal would be horrible to deal with.

I’m not really hot for Duchene, but that 2nd line does sound dirty man.

I still have a feeling we get Simmonds for a 2nd next year and someone like Rychel.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
For all of Neal's lack of production, he certainly makes his line look significantly more dangerous. That's all while that second unit PP has been a disaster, and he's been tied to the dynamo known as Mark Jankowski, who for all his ability in terms of PKing is still a bad 5v5 player.

haven't seen enough of jankowski this year - can you sum up how he's played? brad pascall was watching the AHL bruins
recently and seems that we've been scouting each other a bit. we need a 3C, but not sure he's the right fit. and with dube
looking pretty good from what i saw of him, it seems like jankowski may not be needed in calgary. thanks.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
haven't seen enough of jankowski this year - can you sum up how he's played? brad pascall was watching the AHL bruins
recently and seems that we've been scouting each other a bit. we need a 3C, but not sure he's the right fit. and with dube
looking pretty good from what i saw of him, it seems like jankowski may not be needed in calgary. thanks.
He's playing quite well in a 3rd line role and pk.

As he has a team friendly bridge contract, he's desperately needed.

It's probably Burakovsky. He is from the 2013 draft after all.

Watch it be Orpik

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
IT could be Silfverberg. If we don't end up trading a 1st for SIlf and end up signing him to a good contract, it's a win.
Not really, I’m not even sure Silfverberg is even an upgrade on Frolik. Considering that he’s 28 and already making $3.75, I can’t imagine his next contract being cheaper than Frolik’s. The whole reason for moving Frolik is to free up the cap space for Tkachuk. So really, it wouldn’t make much sense at all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

fwiw your vp of hockey operations is following the caps around

that is interesting but they are also against the Ducks and Kings, this is about the 3rd time we've scouted Kings games and we play the Ducks this week.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Judging by the posts, it seems like people aren't highly optimistic about a deep run this year, rightfully so I think. This current team is very new, and while our record is great, I don't see much of a difference between our core this year and next season. I think it would be quite risky to try to tune this team without seeing how it does in the playoffs first. Things seem to be working and it's the best team (and the one I am the most confident in by far) I have seen from the Flames in the past 10 years.

Reactions: SKRusty and Janks

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Judging by the posts, it seems like people aren't highly optimistic about a deep run this year, rightfully so I think. This current team is very new, and while our record is great, I don't see much of a difference between our core this year and next season. I think it would be quite risky to try to tune this team without seeing how it does in the playoffs first. Things seem to be working and it's the best team (and the one I am the most confident in by far) I have seen from the Flames in the past 10 years.

I agree with all of this. It usually takes a couple of kicks at the can for a team to win the cup. Best to see what we’re lacking in the playoffs before trying to address needs

Reactions: SKRusty and Janks

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

I believe the Flames will have a deep run. The reason I believe a trade for a big fish is counter productive is to be perennial contenders. Or window is just opening and hopefully find a few playoff performers in the group we have.

That way we can trade the playoff ghosts in the coming years for better options. We won't know that until we're actually playing playoff hockey.

Reactions: TychoFan

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
31 Thoughts: Could a stealth suitor emerge for Matt Duchene? - Sportsnet.ca

2. Barring a massive swerve, Matt Duchene will be traded. There are undoubtedly more suitors than Columbus and Nashville, but they are the two most mentioned. I’m not convinced Winnipeg is interested at this time, and if I had to pick a stealth destination, I’d choose either Calgary or the Islanders.

4. My guess on Mark Stone is the Senators came at him with bigger money at less than max term. There were rumblings of five years at $10.5 million, but it was denied. That number would put him with Patrick Kane as the highest-paid winger in the NHL, but leaves money on the table Stone would try to recoup at age 32. His decision comes in the next few days. Chris Johnston reported on Headlines he thinks Vegas won’t do it as a rental. Winnipeg is definitely there. So is Calgary. Undoubtedly, there are others.

13. Nick Kypreos reported Saturday that James Neal will be out awhile. Remember in 2015, when Patrick Kane returned from injury at the start of the playoffs, as the salary cap doesn’t matter in the post-season? If I were Flames GM Brad Treliving, I’d think about the possibilities.

14. Potential left-shot depth defender for Calgary: Colorado’s Patrik Nemeth. The Avalanche are trying to move Sven Andrighetto too. Treliving is very careful when discussing his goaltending situation. He wants to bolster the confidence c of David Rittich and Mike Smith, not rattle them.

16. Zuccarello and Wayne Simmonds may have to wait until the Duchene/Stone/Panarin situations settle. A mix of similar teams looking at both: Boston, Calgary, San Jose, maybe Pittsburgh and Vegas.

We're pretty much in on every rental forward out there or have checked in on them and a potential LHD target is Patrik Nemeth of the Avs.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's almost like Brad is active on his phones and checks on EVERYTHING lol.

It's also funny that Friedman specifically stated he didn't mention Montreal since Bergevin said he's against rentals. Treliving said the exact same thing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
31 Thoughts: Could a stealth suitor emerge for Matt Duchene? - Sportsnet.ca

We're pretty much in on every rental forward out there or have checked in on them and a potential LHD target is Patrik Nemeth of the Avs.

I feel it in my bones we're in on Matty Duche. It makes too much sense.
Patrik Nemeth would work. Calgary is becoming Sweden North, so adding another one wouldn't hurt! The guy's used as a depth defensive guy in Colorado and would fit the bill as to what we're looking at adding for a run.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I feel it in my bones we're in on Matty Duche. It makes too much sense.
Patrik Nemeth would work. Calgary is becoming Sweden North, so adding another one wouldn't hurt! The guy's used as a depth defensive guy in Colorado and would fit the bill as to what we're looking at adding for a run.

I heard edmonton wanting to fix their cap issues is trading us Connor for neal and a first.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fan here. Is Frolik expendable? I know you guys are a little shy on draft picks and are likely using a 1st if you acquire a big name like Duchene/Stone. I doubt Brad wants to use another pick on a depth guy like Nemeth. Would something around Frolik for Nemeth work?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Avs fan here. Is Frolik expendable? I know you guys are a little shy on draft picks and are likely using a 1st if you acquire a big name like Duchene/Stone. I doubt Brad wants to use another pick on a depth guy like Nemeth. Would something around Frolik for Nemeth work?

I think we need Fro for the stretch run. Probably a no go unless Treliving is adding another forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad