2019 Trade Deadline Feb 25

Would you move the 2019 1st round pick for scoring help?

• Yes

• No

• Only for a player with term left

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Unless the win the cup, the playoffs will determine what we already knew, they shouldn't have missed out on Evander Kane. Rather have Kane than Hamonic.
f*** Kane. No way I want him in the Flames locker room. Then or now. The guys a cancer... no matter how many people sing his praises. San Jose is the perfect place for him. Nobody, outside of rabid hockey fans there, even know who he is. Best place for him.

Reactions: Mondreau

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So Frolik and his agent want a trade out of town because of his low ice-time, a deal comes along with Fro and then he ends up nixing the deal anyway.

What the f*** man.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I contend there will be no safe spots if the Flames perform poorly in the first or second round especially around Gio, Brodie, Johnny and Mony. After 2 very poor rounds against the Ducks Tre and the rest of management will question their model for success.

The core IMO Johnny, Mony, Lindholm, Gio, Brodie, Chucky, and Hamonic. Others that can't perform badly Bennett, Back's, Frolik, and Smith.

By performing poorly anything less than 6 games would be considered a poor performance. After last season expectations were raised and management expects the club to compete.

Yes, trade the entire core away. Gaudreau have a poor series, move his ass for futures. Sound a lot like the people up north, you don’t trade core pieces just because they had a poor series.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Edler was supposedly on the table for the Flames but wouldn't waive. Apparently Canucks brass was blown away by the offer so I'm dying to know what it was since you guys have a few untouchables

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Edler was supposedly on the table for the Flames but wouldn't waive. Apparently Canucks brass was blown away by the offer so I'm dying to know what it was since you guys have a few untouchables
Canuck fan here in peace. The word from Botchford was that the flames fave the Canucks an offer that blew them away, but contingent on Edler waiving which also requires him to agree to an extension with Calgary.

Talks with the Canucks have hit an impasse. Most reports are that they agreed to 3 years but either nmc, ntc, signing bonus, or something could not be bridged.

Personally I can’t see Calgary giving in more than what the Canucks would not. Al thinking about the ED and a protection spot for Edler. He seems to want the security that wherever he signs will be his last stop. No further movement.

But I can’t see how Calgary changes focus from stone to Zucker to Edler.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Canuck fan here in peace. The word from Botchford was that the flames fave the Canucks an offer that blew them away, but contingent on Edler waiving which also requires him to agree to an extension with Calgary.

Talks with the Canucks have hit an impasse. Most reports are that they agreed to 3 years but either nmc, ntc, signing bonus, or something could not be bridged.

Personally I can’t see Calgary giving in more than what the Canucks would not. Al thinking about the ED and a protection spot for Edler. He seems to want the security that wherever he signs will be his last stop. No further movement.

Nah they would have been separate deals. Fantenberg was likely a fallback option if the Flames had Edler higher on the list. And that first part makes sense, Treliving doesn't do rentals so he would have wanted to ensure he could sign Edler before picking him up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nah they would have been separate deals. Fantenberg was likely a fallback option if the Flames had Edler higher on the list. And that first part makes sense, Treliving doesn't do rentals so he would have wanted to ensure he could sign Edler before picking him up.
Ok. I just don’t see how Calgary could agree to the type of terms it seems Edler wanted from Vancouver.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

As much as I love Edler, I don’t really see how signing him would make any sense with what we have down the left side

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
As much as I love Edler, I don’t really see how signing him would make any sense with what we have down the left side
Well if any of the rumours of Kylington being traded are true then in an ideal world they probably trade Kylington for Stone/Zucker then get Edler. All hearsay though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Flames balking at a NMC makes complete sense. Treliving just doesn't give them out. Edler prbably wanted a NMC for expansion protection and its not something we'd be willing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad