2019 Trade Deadline Feb 25

Would you move the 2019 1st round pick for scoring help?

• Yes

• No

• Only for a player with term left

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I would. They aren't going to have a high pick anyways so might as well add it in a package especially if they can get a player like Stone.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
BT will kick tires on Stone, Duchene, and Panarin but unless the deal becomes so good he can't say no there won't be a move on a big name.

Edit: **** BT commented today that his primary goal is to get Neal going so a depth type move should be expected for the 3rd line LW spot.****

Trades that make more sense:
  • Czarnik for Maroon
  • Dubnyk for Smith, Gillies and a first.
  • Quick for Smith, Gillies and a second 2020
  • Ferland for Czarnik and a 4th

The only trades I can see are for a depth heavy forward and a goalie if BT has lost faith in Smith.

Either Ferland Jankoswki Neal or Maroon Jankowski Neal look good on paper. Personally I would prefer Ferland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Maybe we should have more 2nds too lol.

BT will kick tires on Stone, Duchene, and Panarin but unless the deal becomes so good he can't say no there won't be a move on a big name.

Edit: **** BT commented today that his primary goal is to get Neal going so a depth type move should be expected for the 3rd line LW spot.****

Trades that make more sense:
  • Czarnik for Maroon
  • Dubnyk for Smith, Gillies and a first.
  • Quick for Smith, Gillies and a second 2020
  • Ferland for Czarnik and a 4th

The only trades I can see are for a depth heavy forward and a goalie if BT has lost faith in Smith.

Either Ferland Jankoswki Neal or Maroon Jankowski Neal look good on paper. Personally I would prefer Ferland.

Czarnik doesn't even remotely hold that value. The ask for Ferland is significantly higher, and even if they don't get the ask, it's still going to be much higher than that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think it’s time to open this baby back up as it looks like activity is beginning.

Please discuss deadline deals in here, leave the proposals to the Armchair GM thread.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is another good deal for the Oilers. Assuming Gagner can still skate, he'll score a good number of goals paired up with McDavid.

They have been minor moves, but I like both deals Gretzky has made for the Oil.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
This is another good deal for the Oilers. Assuming Gagner can still skate, he'll score a good number of goals paired up with McDavid.

Agreed with this. Gagner is pretty bad defensively, but as a winger with McD and Drai he will put up points.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Yeah I don't see this as a bad thing for the Oil. The way I figure it, if the Oil are going to be paying Spooner that much to play in the minors, they may as well be spending that money on someone who can potentially play on their roster. At the very worst, he can't and they send Gagner back to the minors and they'd be no further ahead nor behind. At least Gagner has familiarity with the city and people in the organization and would be motivated to try harder.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah I don't see this as a bad thing for the Oil. The way I figure it, if the Oil are going to be paying Spooner that much to play in the minors, they may as well be spending that money on someone who can potentially play on their roster. At the very worst, he can't and they send Gagner back to the minors and they'd be no further ahead nor behind. At least Gagner has familiarity with the city and people in the organization and would be motivated to try harder.
or less motived by the way the fans treated him towards the end :laugh:

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
No, Benning was placed on IR
Interesting, didn’t know that. Thanks for correcting.

As gross as it is, the Oilers need to start winning so they don’t get another top pick in the draft. It’s beyond ridiculous (but also so so so hilarious) that they’ve done nothing with all the picks they’ve had in the top 5 all these years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Interesting, didn’t know that. Thanks for correcting.

As gross as it is, the Oilers need to start winning so they don’t get another top pick in the draft. It’s beyond ridiculous (but also so so so hilarious) that they’ve done nothing with all the picks they’ve had in the top 5 all these years.
It's suspected pool party will go down when Sekera is ready

Reactions: Janks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: