Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Man. We went like, a whole year without anyone bringing the West Brom thing up. The best part is it's used as though it actually bothers Liverpool supporters.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As for the Iwobi and Ox transfer I'm just happy Arsenal were able to get the amount they were able to considering the amount of transfer outs they've botched.

Underrated thought here. Arsenal typically do poorly selling players, especially recently. Great job by the brass!

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Do we need a separate Arsenal v. Liverpool thread now? Maybe just a dedicated thread for Gooners to play the "if it wasn't for that one (bad ref, missed kick, poor player, etc.) we (would've won, been better than, etc.)" game. Seems to be a recurring theme around these parts. What fanbase are they going to nitpick a fight with now? I'm rooting for Brighton.
No. We need a thread for fans of other EPL teams to claim they’re so much better than Arsenal after finishing a point ahead of them. Seems to be a theme.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
After Leroy Sane's bad injury (get well, dude) Bayern might no longer being interesting in aquiring him this season. Other names swirling aournd.
Perisic (on loan from Inter)
Timo Werner (Leipzig) again
Coutinho (Barca)

In other news, Dortmund players Kagawa (to Saragossa) and Philipp (to Dinamo Moskow) will leave te club.

Sources are kicker and Bild.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
After Leroy Sane's bad injury (get well, dude) Bayern might no longer being interesting in aquiring him this season. Other names swirling aournd.
Perisic (on loan from Inter)
Timo Werner (Leipzig) again
Coutinho (Barca)

In other news, Dortmund players Kagawa (to Saragossa) and Philipp (to Dinamo Moskow) will leave te club.

Sources are kicker and Bild.

Ziyech and Bergwijn are also mentioned. Neres was in the past, but he committed another year. Ribery was mentioned as a last option, seeing he's still clubless right now.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Ziyech and Bergwijn are also mentioned. Neres was in the past, but he committed another year. Ribery was mentioned as a last option, seeing he's still clubless right now.
Correct, Ribeiry might go to a Gulf state team. So it was reported.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No. We need a thread for fans of other EPL teams to claim they’re so much better than Arsenal after finishing a point ahead of them. Seems to be a theme.
The difference in trajectory of the teams at that point was obvious. I spoke on it at length that summer (without trying to **** on Arsenal) about how they were going to see a big dip the next season. Maybe that was what drove Ox to make the change as well? 1 point may not seem like much but results don't tell the whole tale of a season, a game or a team. There are always factors that influence those things outside of the actual quality or talent.

To think that there wasn't a fairly decent gap between Spurs of last season and Arsenal of last season because of 1 point in the table is obtuse (keep in mind I actually have Arsenal ahead of Spurs going into this season).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Roma continue to be a banter club. The cherry on top will be them signing Higuain as well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
To think that there wasn't a fairly decent gap between Spurs of last season and Arsenal of last season because of 1 point in the table is obtuse (keep in mind I actually have Arsenal ahead of Spurs going into this season).
Yes yes, it’s just a magical gap that you can’t actually see. Results matter.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Emery confirms that more players can be shipped out in the next upcoming weeks.

I'm not saying he was fantastic or anything but he absolutely didn't "fail" at PSG. He was misused quite a bit.
So like Dybala...he's just not a bad player, but because he's misused that isn't considered failing? The antonym for success is failure.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Liked what I saw of him before. Has he progressed at all? Seemed like a very solid ball playing CB in the making.
He has, he is more confident than he was last season

He is a CB who has transitioned well to the LB role

Good attitude too, when he was his youth club in Algeria, they played a game against FC Barcelona youth team of the same group age; his team won and he was their best player that day
Right after the game he went to see his coach and asked him what he shoud work on to improve his game

Reactions: YNWA14

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Displeased would be putting it lightly. He seems furious. Distraught.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad