Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The Felix buy just looks fantastic right now and is a move that benefits both the player and the team. Happy that Barcelona were just too enamoured with Griezmann to make that buy.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
City will be the only team that can afford him

PSG sells Neymar for 200m to Barca or real and they could do it.

United sell Pogba for 150 and they could do it.

Real have about 19 attackers they could sell to get some money.

Barca sell Coutinho and Umtiti for a combined 125 or so.

I’m not saying all those will necessarily happen, or that he’d agree to go (especially to United) I’m just saying finances/release clause isn’t going to keep him at Atletico.

Also, I don’t think Atletico will *want* to flip him, but if a team pays the release clause and offers him 400k/week it’ll be awfully hard to reject.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
If you are interested in signing a striker just hijack a deal that atletico are trying to make.

Torres
Aguero
Forlan
Diego Costa
Villa
Mandzukic
Griezmann
Felix

Reactions: YNWA14

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like Neymar returning to Barcelona is closer than ever, according to RMC/Bouhafsi. Neymar wants to come back to Barça, and PSG are more receptive to a potential player+cash deal, with the player being Coutinho.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds like Neymar returning to Barcelona is closer than ever, according to RMC/Bouhafsi. Neymar wants to come back to Barça, and PSG are more receptive to a potential player+cash deal, with the player being Coutinho.

Meh, closer than ever doesn't mean close. Also, even if the two clubs agree that deal I see one potential roadblock. Coutinho agreeing that deal.

Like I've said, I don't want Neymar back. Yet while Coutinho has been loyal, I don't think one can reject the opportunity to do the swap so long as not too much cash is involved.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh, closer than ever doesn't mean close. Also, even if the two clubs agree that deal I see one potential roadblock. Coutinho agreeing that deal.

Like I've said, I don't want Neymar back. Yet while Coutinho has been loyal, I don't think one can reject the opportunity to do the swap so long as not too much cash is involved.
Not sure what you mean by Couts being loyal but I wish he was loyal to LFC. Woud've avoided this mess.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Coutinho convinced himself that moving away from Liverpool was worth it for Barcelona only.

I do not think he ever projected himself out after one and a half year. I can see him being livid and not want to give away his "dream" move yet. Even if he is a backup.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I feel old. I just can't stand Neymar (not talking about him as a person - I wouldn't know - but how he behaves as a player). Wouldn't even get excited if he was coming to Spurs. He is just too much.

I know the world is moving away from what is probably just me romanticizing the past, but I still prefer proper football players without all the drama. One of the reasons why I generally love Finnish hockey players (might be more drama that I know about - due to me not understanding their language - but ignorance is bliss).

When it comes to attitude I just can't help agreeing with the likes of Souness and Keane (even if I will never condone their nasty streaks as players).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Coutinho convinced himself that moving away from Liverpool was worth it for Barcelona only.

I do not think he ever projected himself out after one and a half year. I can see him being livid and not want to give away his "dream" move yet. Even if he is a backup.
He plays like he doesn't want to be here. So I don't think that's it at all.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
PSG sells Neymar for 200m to Barca or real and they could do it.

United sell Pogba for 150 and they could do it.

Real have about 19 attackers they could sell to get some money.

Barca sell Coutinho and Umtiti for a combined 125 or so.

I’m not saying all those will necessarily happen, or that he’d agree to go (especially to United) I’m just saying finances/release clause isn’t going to keep him at Atletico.

Also, I don’t think Atletico will *want* to flip him, but if a team pays the release clause and offers him 400k/week it’ll be awfully hard to reject.
Pretty much this...it'll be up to the player not the team. If one of the top clubs comes in (not that Atletico are a minnow or anything) willing to pay the release clause and he wants to go they can't really do anything about it except shoot a lawsuit.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Monaco have signed Onyekuru.
Interesting.

I still remember watching him in the Belgian league, before Everton bought him, and thinking that he has the ability to be a very good goalscoring winger. Haven't seen much of him since but it looks like he had a decent season in Turkey.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Many expected him to have a great season at Anderlecht the season after Everton bought him from Eupen. But he disappointed (even if his numbers were actually not that bad) he was even benched towards the end of the season I believe and the Anderlecht coach basically called him a dumb player, saying he didn't understand the tactics and that he never ran were he was supposed to run :D

edit: also, Valencia have signed Mangala from City

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Man, Mangala looked the part of an elite CB physically, too bad he has no brains to put it all together consistently.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajacied said:
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but one of the greatest players of this generation has called it quits yesterday. I would've liked him finishing his career in the Eredivisie. He would've dominated it, but his body has been even more fragile than it ever was.

Out of Oranje's grote 4 (Sneijder, van der Vaart, van Persie, Robben), I think Robben was the greatest. Top 5 Dutchie for me all-time (I like him better than Bergkamp, Gullit, Rijkaard, etc.). If he was fully fit, I always felt he rivaled the very best in the world.

Sneijder now retires officially as well. One of the greatest mids of his generation and one who should've won the Ballon d'or in 2010, though I am a bit biased being a huge fan of his. Don't think I've ever seen a player who had so much power and accuracy in both his feet. Still showed flashes of brilliance in his final years for Galatasaray and Oranje, but his time with Nice and Qatar confirms it's a wise decision.

I'd rank 'm:

1) Arjen Robben
2) Wesley Sneijder
3) Robin van Persie
4) Rafael van der Vaart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->