Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, they gave him a five million bonus since they didn’t accept a big offer supposedly. It sucks, but he will get a move in January or next summer

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The difference in trajectory of the teams at that point was obvious. I spoke on it at length that summer (without trying to **** on Arsenal) about how they were going to see a big dip the next season. Maybe that was what drove Ox to make the change as well? 1 point may not seem like much but results don't tell the whole tale of a season, a game or a team. There are always factors that influence those things outside of the actual quality or talent.

To think that there wasn't a fairly decent gap between Spurs of last season and Arsenal of last season because of 1 point in the table is obtuse (keep in mind I actually have Arsenal ahead of Spurs going into this season).

I mean, generally speaking, I do think Spurs were a class above Arsenal last season, at the same time if one team collapses and falls behind another (which didn't happen but easily could have), history won't ask. The fact is that Arsenal failed to take advantage of it and decided to also crap the bed, so getting uppity about what could have been certainly seems out of place, but Spurs lack of depth was a glaring shortcoming even going into last season. But above all! Ox left because Arsenal was tired of him and got good money for him. How much has he even played for you guys? What's that, he's injured all the time? Huh, who'd've guessed

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
- Perisic to Bayern is heating up

- Another RM tier 1 , this time pretty much the voice of Perez, is saying that Neymar to Madrid could be done in the upcoming days

Personally I would rather wait for Mbappe next year

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Imagine signing Griezmann for 120 million when you could have had Joao Felix for the same price. Imagine entertaining bringing Neymar back when you could have had Joao Felix back for almost half the price. :facepalm:

Reactions: Juve

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Imagine signing Griezmann for 120 million when you could have had Joao Felix for the same price. Imagine entertaining bringing Neymar back when you could have had Joao Felix back for almost half the price. :facepalm:

At least your team didn't spend almost 100 million on Higuain. I would take Griezmann any time of the day.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How long is Felix's contract with Atletico? Can't imagine he's going to stay there that long. He will break the world record fee when he does go.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How long is Felix's contract with Atletico? Can't imagine he's going to stay there that long. He will break the world record fee when he does go.
Wow already?!
I think Atletico is a good tean for him and la liga is a good league for him. I could see him stay for a couple years.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm not sure any team will have the money to actually buy Felix after this season.

350m release clause.

That’s not out of the realm of possibility if a team sells someone else for decent dollars (Pogba, Mbappe, Neymar, etc)

I could definitely see City selling Sane and one other of their attackers for a combined 200m or something stupid and paying the extra 150.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
350m release clause.

That’s not out of the realm of possibility if a team sells someone else for decent dollars (Pogba, Mbappe, Neymar, etc)

I could definitely see City selling Sane and one other of their attackers for a combined 200m or something stupid and paying the extra 150.
Yeah, I could see Felix going to City next season if Pep stays and Sane goes. Unfortunately.

I'll hold out hope that Liverpool didn't spend this summer because they were saving money to buy Felix next season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup Atleti is a team that will flip right after one season. Felix isn’t going anywhere any time soon. Not with Simeone

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sane coming off a torn ACL, probably won’t play this season...not sure what he’ll be worth with one year on his contract.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
350m release clause.

These prices are getting absurd. It has to end somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad