Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What would be realistic for Zagreb to get for Olmo?
40 - 60m. Unfortunately they just aren't the kind of club that will be able to hold out for more, even if he would be worth a lot more did he play in a bigger league.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He can, although he's getting older. Probably makes more sense to half retire in Miami than to continue to fight for playing time at a top club.
For City yes, but he could've easily gone back to Valencia and be their best player again.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
40 - 60m. Unfortunately they just aren't the kind of club that will be able to hold out for more, even if he would be worth a lot more did he play in a bigger league.

They were asking for 40m this summer but nobody was willing to pay that much. Apparently only Gladbach put an official bid but not near the asking price. His contract expires 2021 so Dinamo really have only two windows to sell him but if he continues to play well in the CL and Spain U21 they will ask for more

He definitely won’t sign a new contract either, he pretty much wants to leave but he didn’t make a big stink about it this summer (qualifying for the CL helped)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’d much rather go to Miami where you’ll make probably a higher wage and not have the try as hard.

I'm sure you would rather go to America... but for the Spaniard to go back home where he would be able to enjoy his new fortune from city that might be more enticing. Not to mention actually playing meaningful football.

I think it was @KJS14 that said Miami have "been on" everyone. Messi/Palacios etc.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

One of my all time non-Dutch or Liverpool favourites. One of the best midfielders of his generation and I still feel underrated to a degree. It's crazy that he'll go given he can probably start for any team in the world; I think he's barely behind de Bruyne as one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm sure you would rather go to America... but for the Spaniard to go back home where he would be able to enjoy his new fortune from city that might be more enticing. Not to mention actually playing meaningful football.

I think it was @KJS14 that said Miami have "been on" everyone. Messi/Palacios etc.
That was actually me. I could see this one actually happening though. I think Beckham (owner) will splash major cash on a player to get butts in seats, similar to Orlando bringing in Kaka, NYCFC bringing in Villa, Lampard, and Pirlo, and Galaxy bringing in Ibra. All those players have something in common not American and old former world class players. I think Beckham brings in David Silva and Giroud and surrounds them with younger talent (mainly from US/Mexico/South America).

Speaking of Ibra, I’d put money on him leaving the Galaxy in the winter with United being most interested.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think one of the differences between Silva and those other guys going to the MLS is most of them were leaving on a downturn (though still elite for the MLS) while Silva is still one of the best midfielders in the world. He doesn't have a style that looks like it'll decline quickly either.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think one of the differences between Silva and those other guys going to the MLS is most of them were leaving on a downturn (though still elite for the MLS) while Silva is still one of the best midfielders in the world. He doesn't have a style that looks like it'll decline quickly either.
I mean I agree he’s still a great midfielder. One of the best in the world might be stretching it just cause I think of best in the world as top 5-10 but definitely still a fantastic player. I just think that he might start declining soon and at Miami he will get lots of money, playing time, and be the main man. He’ll get the Ibra/Drogba treatment where he doesn’t have to play on turf and if he doesn’t want to.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

His style likely means he can hang on longer, but at the same time the number of players who've been elite into their mid 30s is pretty small and he'll be 34 next summer when the move would happen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean I agree he’s still a great midfielder. One of the best in the world might be stretching it just cause I think of best in the world as top 5-10 but definitely still a fantastic player. I just think that he might start declining soon and at Miami he will get lots of money, playing time, and be the main man. He’ll get the Ibra/Drogba treatment where he doesn’t have to play on turf and if he doesn’t want to.
I can't think of 10 midfielders better than Silva. Probably struggle to pick 5.
His style likely means he can hang on longer, but at the same time the number of players who've been elite into their mid 30s is pretty small and he'll be 34 next summer when the move would happen.
My feeling is that he could maintain it watching him this year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They were asking for 40m this summer but nobody was willing to pay that much. Apparently only Gladbach put an official bid but not near the asking price. His contract expires 2021 so Dinamo really have only two windows to sell him but if he continues to play well in the CL and Spain U21 they will ask for more

He definitely won’t sign a new contract either, he pretty much wants to leave but he didn’t make a big stink about it this summer (qualifying for the CL helped)

It was reported in germany that Dinamo wanted double the BMG offer.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I can't think of 10 midfielders better than Silva. Probably struggle to pick 5.

My feeling is that he could maintain it watching him this year.
I can think of 10 midfielders better pretty easily. If we are talking just straight 10s then maybe it’s a little different.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can think of 10 midfielders better pretty easily. If we are talking just straight 10s then maybe it’s a little different.
I'm not talking about 10s. I can count on one hand midfielders I'd take over Silva for this season and the next.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess we will just have to disagree cause there’s definitely 10 midfielders I take over David Silva. He’s number 3 on his team.
He's 1b to de Bruyne's 1a in the PL so I don't see it, but yeah everyone is entitled to value things differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad